Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

Worst concert you've seen

Other Bands

Old 01-27-2006, 05:26 AM
Price of posting

Default Worst concert you've seen

Well this board certainly isn't afraid to critique a live show. Was wondering have you ever been to a show that just flat out sucked? Maybe the group had an awesome cd but couldn't cut it live. Maybe you saw a band and got a really short show and walked out thinking what a ripoff. Maybe you saw a band or singer who sounded like shit. So who's the worst live act you've seen that you would never pay $ to or even for free go see again.

After posting this question I realized I don't really have one. Every band or artist I have gone to see has always exceeded my expectations. But i am sure there are people who have seen some really crappy acts. I want to know WHO ARE THEY?

One group I was disappointed with was the Goo Goo Dolls. They just didn't do anything for me when I saw them opening with BJ. By the third show of the Bounce tour I skipped the opening act all together.

Who disappointed you?
Albany, NY 12/12/05. JBJ to me from the stage: "You been a good girl this year?" (Reads my sign) "Jon, It's almost Xmas I've been a very good girl! Play Blood on Blood please!" (cue me on the big screen) JBJ: "How good have you been? Oh My God!" (laughs, more teasing) JBJ: "You want it huh, you want it huh? Blood on Blood just for you, the good girl in the front row? The all request hour, the girl in the front row has just asked for Blood on Blood, ok, Merry Christmas young lady!" Amazing <3

Old 01-27-2006, 05:28 AM
Jovi Geek

Send a message via AIM to RyanBounce04 Send a message via MSN to RyanBounce04 Send a message via Yahoo to RyanBounce04

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamboraQueen21
Well this board certainly isn't afraid to critique a live show. Was wondering have you ever been to a show that just flat out sucked? Maybe the group had an awesome cd but couldn't cut it live. Maybe you saw a band and got a really short show and walked out thinking what a ripoff. Maybe you saw a band or singer who sounded like shit. So who's the worst live act you've seen that you would never pay $ to or even for free go see again.

After posting this question I realized I don't really have one. Every band or artist I have gone to see has always exceeded my expectations. But i am sure there are people who have seen some really crappy acts. I want to know WHO ARE THEY?

One group I was disappointed with was the Goo Goo Dolls. They just didn't do anything for me when I saw them opening with BJ. By the third show of the Bounce tour I skipped the opening act all together.

Who disappointed you?

Once, and that's when Jimmy Eat World opened up for Green Day this last year. Not only was the setlist like 7 songs... They were just the hits. But they rocked and the music was great so the dissapointment wasn't all that big!

Ryan
Tampa Bay Lightning - 2004 Stanley Cup Champions
Philadelphia Soul - 2008 AFL Champions
Oklahoma City Thunder - ????????
Old 01-27-2006, 05:38 AM
Price of posting

I would like to see Jimmy Eat World.. maybe they would have done a more varied set had they been headlining? Love "Bleed American"... one of my fave cds from my college days....
Albany, NY 12/12/05. JBJ to me from the stage: "You been a good girl this year?" (Reads my sign) "Jon, It's almost Xmas I've been a very good girl! Play Blood on Blood please!" (cue me on the big screen) JBJ: "How good have you been? Oh My God!" (laughs, more teasing) JBJ: "You want it huh, you want it huh? Blood on Blood just for you, the good girl in the front row? The all request hour, the girl in the front row has just asked for Blood on Blood, ok, Merry Christmas young lady!" Amazing <3
Old 01-27-2006, 02:07 PM
Last Man Standing

Not counting support acts (cos its rare that I actually enjoy warm up acts anyway) id prob say Embrace in 2004. The problem is Embrace albums typically have 2-3 cracking songs and the rest are total fillers. So out of a whole show I probably only enjoyed about 3 of the songs they played the rest were just boring. We went and sat at the bar half way through the show. Im still glad I went though, ive never actually regretted going to any concerts.
Old 01-27-2006, 03:33 PM
Retired Super Moderator
Crush

Goo Goo Dolls opening for Jovi in Atlanta. They were horrendous! What made it even worse is that I actually LIKED them, was so happy that they were touring with Bon Jovi and then they turned out to be so disappointing. They all acted like they were drunk or high.

Extreme opening for Bon Jovi in Little Rock in 1993. Again, they were a band I was looking forward to seeing and they turned out to be horrible. At one point Gary said, "This is for all the Extreme fans out there. If there are any." That's how badly their show went over.

Silvertide opening for Kid Rock last year. They had the worst sound of any act I've ever seen. They were so loud it was painful! You couldn't understand anything they sang.
Old 01-27-2006, 03:47 PM
Wanted Dead or Alive

I'd have to say Anastacia, I don't know why the hell we even got tickets but we went anyway. She has a great voice and some good songs but all the dancing and stuff done my head in and the audience although good for atmosphere it was a pop concert and you knew it. As for support acts I have seen some absolute horrific acts the worst being Ciffy Slayer (I think that was their name), they were on before Velvet Revolver, they were the loudest, least talentless band I've ever seen. The lead singer looked like he was punching his guitar rather than playing it and his voice woulda cut through steel, horrendous to say the least.
Old 01-27-2006, 03:51 PM
Tokyo Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikeout
As for support acts I have seen some absolute horrific acts the worst being Ciffy Slayer (I think that was their name),
Biffy Clyro?

Sometimes you can just lay down
You can play the game
You can take the cards that they deal ya
And you can just pretend it's all over
BUT NOT ME!!!
Old 01-27-2006, 04:05 PM
Crush

Send a message via MSN to Jim Bon Jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Walrus
Biffy Clyro?

would be a cracking name for a tribute band

most shit bands ive seen have indeed been support acts or local bands.

the worst that springs to mind right away is the noisettes who supported bloc party the other montht here. absolute shit like it was not even funny how bad they were. worrying thing is they're getting some press. i laughed when i read one of them saying we had some long 6 minute slow tunes in our set but realised it was the 3 minute poppy things that were our best so we stuck wi them. i just thought if thats your best i dont even want to hear your worst.

the chemical brothers headlining t in the park were shit but i think that was more down to not beign drunk, it being in a big field and the place being full of pill heads cos i usually like dance gigs and like the chemical brothers. it was more the atmosphere than anything that sucked.

oooh another shit support band i saw were sons and daughters. was tryign to get tickets to see idlewild, the tout was giving it double price for the tickets cos the sons and daughters r supporting n everynoe wants to see them. we declined. sat in the pub for an hour, got our tickets cheap n caught their last couple of songs. useless. definetely fall into the lets get a band who cant possibly outshine us in support category.

i know ive got a handful more but most of them are support and festival acts and the main bands have outshoen them to the point i cant really remember them.
Old 01-27-2006, 05:19 PM
Wanted Dead or Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Walrus
Biffy Clyro?
Yep thats them, just checked there. Think there was seriously about 4 guys (who actually came to see them and left when Velvet Revolver came on) cheering for them and the rest of the crowd was like "what the hell is this shit".
Old 01-27-2006, 07:34 PM
Livin' on a Post

Send a message via Yahoo to joviangel92

I was quiet disappointed by Mando Diao. I love both their CDs & I read great reviews about their concerts & so I was expecting a lot. Obviously I expected way too much - coz I was just bored