Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

Does anyone else dislike the viloin Girl?

General BJ Discussion

Old 07-06-2008, 08:35 PM
Blame it on the love of posting

Default Does anyone else dislike the viloin Girl?

When I was watching a video on youtube today of who says you can't go home, I thought that the violin "didn't belong" if you know what I mean. I don't like the sound of the violin on this song, especially on the solo. It worked well on the album w/ Jennifer Nettles, but since they didn't use a violinist for it on The Hand tour, I thought they wouldn't use it again. I was wrong. Anyway, the violin worked okay with the LH album, but I think they shouldv'e left it at that and toured without her. the violin parts sound just as good on the guitar in my opinion. Thoughts?

Old 07-06-2008, 09:05 PM
Hardest Part is the Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by superkid View Post
When I was watching a video on youtube today of who says you can't go home, I thought that the violin "didn't belong" if you know what I mean. I don't like the sound of the violin on this song, especially on the solo. It worked well on the album w/ Jennifer Nettles, but since they didn't use a violinist for it on The Hand tour, I thought they wouldn't use it again. I was wrong. Anyway, the violin worked okay with the LH album, but I think they shouldv'e left it at that and toured without her. the violin parts sound just as good on the guitar in my opinion. Thoughts?
I don't dislike her, but I think they should have left her at home for the LH Tour!
She just didn't look right up there on the stage with the band.

However, she has been around for a long time, way before the LH album.
Jon has known her for years. She was on stage performing with him and the Big Dogs
when they played a show for the fanclub's 10th Anniversary bash in New Jersey back in 1998!
Old 07-06-2008, 09:07 PM
Disillusioned Diehard
The Distance

There are just 7 shows left on the tour. Do we really need to bash Lorenza and/or the decision to include a violin this time around AGAIN? Goodness knows we covered this ground over and over.
Old 07-06-2008, 09:16 PM
Hardest Part is the Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by milomom View Post
There are just 7 shows left on the tour. Do we really need to bash Lorenza and/or the decision to include a violin this time around AGAIN? Goodness knows we covered this ground over and over.
I'm not bashing her, just saying my opinion.
She's a great addition to the band's sound in more intimatate performances, just not on tour.
I remember her being with the band when they did that beautiful version of "Prayer" for the concert for hero's in Sept 2001.
Old 07-06-2008, 09:18 PM
Keep the Faith

Send a message via MSN to JerseyboyUK

On the 3 shows i saw i was pleasantly surprised that the violin wasnt nearly as intrusive as i thought it would be. I actually thought they were quite discreet and were well used and really worked especially with Blaze Of Glory and These Days.

No more Lorenza bashing!

(Start on Bobby instead, the useless hunk of crap!)
Old 07-06-2008, 09:28 PM
Blame it on the love of posting

Just my opinion. I think that she also makes the show more country sounding. In 1986 we would laugh at the idea of Bon Jovi ever having a violinist.
Old 07-06-2008, 09:42 PM
Blaze of Posting

I don't mind her at all, if the band think they need her on stage and she is good enough to do it I'm happy.
Old 07-06-2008, 09:59 PM
Next 100 Posts

Send a message via MSN to Bon Jovi Princess
Wink

hehe i had a lot of mixed feelings bout her presence too (as Jon described Bon Jovi as a MAN BAND in his Crush tour/DVD) until i was there and saw she's dead good and lends an extra sound to the tracks. And Jon obviously thinks its good to shake things up a bit now and then so i can't disagree with what Jon thinks

She's also really friendly the way she was smiling away at me and everything i thought she seemed really kind as a person and i came away really likin her!

xx BJP xx

got any quarters?
Old 07-06-2008, 10:11 PM
Jovitalk Award Winner
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via AIM to Kathleen Send a message via MSN to Kathleen

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyboyUK View Post
(Start on Bobby instead, the useless hunk of crap!)
Nah - don't bash Bobby. If you want to bash anybody - bash Jon for having him there. Bobby is buried in the Bon Jovi band - he has an excellent voice but he doesn't sing as well as Jon - and his guitar skills are superb but his style is very different than Richie's. It's a no win situation for him - though I assume he's being paid well.

I just saw him with Southside Johnny (3 days ago) when they did a 3 1/2 hour concert. His acoustic guitar work was superb during the acoustic set and his voice and Southside's blend together like Jon and Richie's do. He really shines there, where he simply can't with Bon Jovi.

You write your truth and I'll write mine.
Old 07-06-2008, 10:11 PM
Midnight on JoviTalk

She seems nice. Just kinda annoying, she could play that violin with her chin as well.

Tags
i got the girl