Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

Should Bon Jovi Tour again in 2022? After April?

Tour Discussion

Old 04-06-2022, 05:18 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

I agree with Theirry, it makes everything JBJ has said up to this point cheap and hollow. The talk about quitting when he couldn't do it anymore, about not being the Fat Elvis. There was a big legacy of monster hits and killer album cuts that started diminishing in 2000 and then just kept sliding downwards in a race for relevancy.

Old 04-06-2022, 05:21 PM
Blaze of Posting

If they want to, yes.
Old 04-06-2022, 05:37 PM
Blame it on the love of posting

They want it and will want it as long as the big bucks are coming. The question is: who's left who truly wants it? The old ladies who love JBJ's plump ass? Is JBJ that hungry for money? If yes, let them be, they deserve each other.
Old 04-06-2022, 05:53 PM
Blaze of Posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eveline View Post
They want it and will want it as long as the big bucks are coming. The question is: who's left who truly wants it? The old ladies who love JBJ's plump ass? Is JBJ that hungry for money? If yes, let them be, they deserve each other.
JBJ is happy then and so are those going. Win win.
Old 04-06-2022, 06:01 PM
Runaway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
I agree with Theirry, it makes everything JBJ has said up to this point cheap and hollow. The talk about quitting when he couldn't do it anymore, about not being the Fat Elvis. There was a big legacy of monster hits and killer album cuts that started diminishing in 2000 and then just kept sliding downwards in a race for relevancy.
2000's were kinda understandable because they were in their fourties still a good age to be "productive" and make money but whatever comes after 2011 tour both album and live broke their legacy into pieces. I suffocate when hear jon sing or talk, actually I don't listen to them
Old 04-06-2022, 06:01 PM
This Post Feels Right

Its supply and demand. The market speaks for itself. If people see this tour and come back for more, that's on them. Jon absolutely has an ego and it's buyer beware. If people stop coming, they'll stop touring.

Ticket sales speak louder than anything else.
Old 04-06-2022, 06:02 PM
This Post Feels Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by micro cuts View Post
2000's were kinda understandable because they were in their fourties still a good age to be "productive" and make money but whatever comes after 2011 tour both album and live broke their legacy into pieces. I suffocate when hear jon sing or talk, actually I don't listen to them
I'm not sure I agree. There's being productive and there's overflooding the market with touring and releases. There was something coming out from the band every year from 2000 up until 2011 almost, give or take. Had they spaced it out I don't think we'd be in the boat we're in. It overworked the band, it diminished quality, it over-satured interest.
Old 04-06-2022, 06:24 PM
Blaze of Posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
Its supply and demand. The market speaks for itself. If people see this tour and come back for more, that's on them. Jon absolutely has an ego and it's buyer beware. If people stop coming, they'll stop touring.

Ticket sales speak louder than anything else.
Exactly. If people buy tickets and the band sees no reason to stop…
Old 04-06-2022, 06:27 PM
Runaway

So maybe they could have met that demand by releasing live albums, box sets etc and kept touring while they were still in shape. I would take it over crush, have a nice day or lost highway. I agree it overworked the band but you should be realistic and true to yourself as a songwriter or an artist. There should be a balance, at least that's how I see it.
Old 04-06-2022, 06:52 PM
This Post Feels Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by micro cuts View Post
So maybe they could have met that demand by releasing live albums, box sets etc and kept touring while they were still in shape. I would take it over crush, have a nice day or lost highway. I agree it overworked the band but you should be realistic and true to yourself as a songwriter or an artist. There should be a balance, at least that's how I see it.
Completely agree. I think that rhetoric went out the window after Crush. They were always on to the next thing when the last thing didn't sell well. There's a very candid quote from Richie around the promo of The Circle where he was asked what was next and he alluded to the greatest hits being next if the album doesn't sell what they think it will. Like when you break it down:

2000: Crush
2001: Live Album
2002: Bounce
2003: This Left Feels Right
2004: Box Set
2005: Have a Nice Day
2006: I don't believe had anything since HAND was towards the end of the year
2007: Lost Highway
2009: The Circle
2010: Greatest Hits

That's FIVE studio albums in ten years, each with their own year, year and half tour with high ticket costs and similar setlists. After 2005 there wasn't as much radio success either so the demand for new material I don't think was that high. The 90's era had TWO albums. That's a big ol difference.