Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

#04 - Spectrum Center, Charlotte, North Carolina, April 8th 2022

Tour Discussion

Old 04-09-2022, 05:10 PM
Posting Always

Quote:
Originally Posted by hackster73 View Post
Indeed.. loves the only rule already dropped. No deep cuts as indicated in rehearsals... just older and radio are songs that have been played a fair bit in previous tours, nice to have them but they aren't deep cuts.
Jon comes out with this bull every tour about the set lists and it never materialises. I wasn’t expecting any different this time!🙄

Old 04-09-2022, 05:25 PM
Jovi FANatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoviForever View Post
Jon comes out with this bull every tour about the set lists and it never materialises. I wasn’t expecting any different this time!🙄
The fact that they are putting these songs that are QUITE rare on the set list and that they added the acoustic part for me is absolutely delivering his promise. Plus the the different version of WDR is a big surprise for me. I mean, Sure, even deeper cuts would be awesome but so far, I wouldnt mind seeing this set being played
Old 04-09-2022, 05:59 PM
Price of posting

Do we really need to hear Sleep again though?

Sent from my SM-S906B using Tapatalk
Wembley Arena 90, Wembley Arena 93, MK Bowl 93, Wembley Stadium 95, MK Bowl 96, Wembley Stadium 00, MK Bowl 01, Hyde Park 03, MK Bowl 06, o2 07, Twickenham 08, o2 10 (x2), Hyde Park 13, London Palladium 16, Wembley 19
Follow me: @iam_emmo
Old 04-09-2022, 06:22 PM
Price of posting

Default #04 - Spectrum Center, Charlotte, North Carolina, April 8th 2022

So this person on Twitter has used software to turn music down and bring Jon’s vocals up.

https://twitter.com/jbjexpmemes/stat...fBPXZgI3ie4cbQ

Heart breaking. Really feel for him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Wembley Arena 90, Wembley Arena 93, MK Bowl 93, Wembley Stadium 95, MK Bowl 96, Wembley Stadium 00, MK Bowl 01, Hyde Park 03, MK Bowl 06, o2 07, Twickenham 08, o2 10 (x2), Hyde Park 13, London Palladium 16, Wembley 19
Follow me: @iam_emmo

Last edited by steel_horse75; 04-09-2022 at 06:26 PM..
Old 04-09-2022, 07:16 PM
Jovi FANatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by steel_horse75 View Post
So this person on Twitter has used software to turn music down and bring Jon’s vocals up.

Way better than you make it out to be, IMO. I'd actually enjoy it. Not it is not great but not really bad. Plus the song as a whole is still brilliant live
Old 04-09-2022, 07:17 PM
Jovi FANatic

Quote:
Do we really need to hear Sleep again though?

Sent from my SM-S906B using Tapatalk
If it has a decent medley, yes!
Old 04-09-2022, 07:31 PM
Next 100 Posts

I was 2 sections from the stage in the lower level. Got them for 80 a ticket. The energy from the crowd was not there. The people next to me left for the night at the start of the acoustic set. Everyone sat for most of the show. They didn’t even seem to know BTBMB or KTF as most stayed seated. New songs went over everyone’s heads.. And by new I mean everything from Lost Highway to the 2020 songs. My section stayed seated for the vast majority of the night (hope they enjoyed staring at the back of my bounce tour T shirt). I refuse to ever sit. I sang loud and proud all night. I considered selling my tickets to Greenville to go to John Mayer instead when I saw videos from the first 2 shows. But when I saw cheap tickets for Charlotte yesterday I couldn’t say no. I love this band and being 26 I mostly missed the time period where they were top notch live. I didn’t hear anybody complaining about Jons vocals. I was extremely worried and my plus 1 didn’t even want to go after hearing how he was sounding. We were both pleasantly surprised and at no point in the show did either of us say damn that sounded rough.
Some things I thought were odd… 1. Jesse was sitting about 6 seats from me and there seemed to be a small table right as you entered the floor. I think he was handing out Hampton Water and was taking pics with people. 2. They are selling an autographed tour poster at the merch stands. Never seen them selling anything autographed before.
I was really disappointed Who Says opened the encore. I thought maybe I was getting lucky when it wasn’t played in the main set. To another poster, I know. We’re never getting a show without it here. My optimism had me thinking maybe it was dropped. Jon was absolutely GLUED to the mic stand for the entire show. I don’t recall him moving from it at any point while actually singing apart from Bad Medicine. Hearing Radio and Just Older sent me over the moon and I was so happy to hit my 15th show. This definitely isn’t the same band or show that it was in 2010 or even early 2013. I accepted last tour that those times are gone but I had a great time last night.
Some thoughts on the setlist.. IBTFY/Always/BOR TLFR versions could help the acoustic set for casuals. The crush tour version of Runaway could also. Or throwing in Runaway at any point maybe even during the first 3-4 songs. Saturday Night didn’t even go over well acoustically. I’m not really sure what the casuals want at this point but it was a fun show for me and I’m looking forward to Greenville Monday. Also trying to keep myself from Raleigh tonight since it’s 3.5 hours away.

Last edited by Zacm95; 04-09-2022 at 07:35 PM..
Old 04-09-2022, 08:00 PM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zacm95 View Post
I was 2 sections from the stage in the lower level. Got them for 80 a ticket. The energy from the crowd was not there. The people next to me left for the night at the start of the acoustic set. Everyone sat for most of the show. They didn’t even seem to know BTBMB or KTF as most stayed seated. New songs went over everyone’s heads.. And by new I mean everything from Lost Highway to the 2020 songs. My section stayed seated for the vast majority of the night (hope they enjoyed staring at the back of my bounce tour T shirt). I refuse to ever sit. I sang loud and proud all night. I considered selling my tickets to Greenville to go to John Mayer instead when I saw videos from the first 2 shows. But when I saw cheap tickets for Charlotte yesterday I couldn’t say no. I love this band and being 26 I mostly missed the time period where they were top notch live. I didn’t hear anybody complaining about Jons vocals. I was extremely worried and my plus 1 didn’t even want to go after hearing how he was sounding. We were both pleasantly surprised and at no point in the show did either of us say damn that sounded rough.
Some things I thought were odd… 1. Jesse was sitting about 6 seats from me and there seemed to be a small table right as you entered the floor. I think he was handing out Hampton Water and was taking pics with people. 2. They are selling an autographed tour poster at the merch stands. Never seen them selling anything autographed before.
I was really disappointed Who Says opened the encore. I thought maybe I was getting lucky when it wasn’t played in the main set. To another poster, I know. We’re never getting a show without it here. My optimism had me thinking maybe it was dropped. Jon was absolutely GLUED to the mic stand for the entire show. I don’t recall him moving from it at any point while actually singing apart from Bad Medicine. Hearing Radio and Just Older sent me over the moon and I was so happy to hit my 15th show. This definitely isn’t the same band or show that it was in 2010 or even early 2013. I accepted last tour that those times are gone but I had a great time last night.
Some thoughts on the setlist.. IBTFY/Always/BOR TLFR versions could help the acoustic set for casuals. The crush tour version of Runaway could also. Or throwing in Runaway at any point maybe even during the first 3-4 songs. Saturday Night didn’t even go over well acoustically. I’m not really sure what the casuals want at this point but it was a fun show for me and I’m looking forward to Greenville Monday. Also trying to keep myself from Raleigh tonight since it’s 3.5 hours away.
Go to Raleigh man if you want to go. Probably this is your last chance with this tour. If you like this; why not consider it?
Old 04-09-2022, 08:20 PM
Blame it on the love of posting

Quote:

With this manipulatin you can hear he's singing over a backing track. It's very obvious during the chorus and beginning of the verse with "Tell me baby when I hurt you." Not sure how that's done if they're performing in a lower key but I definitely hear it.
Old 04-09-2022, 08:25 PM
Blame it on the love of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zacm95 View Post
Go to John Mayer. He is killing it this tour. Sob Rock is so good and he's playing deep cuts. He's also not screaming over a backing track or miming high notes.