Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

#08 - Amelie Arena, Tampa, Florida, April 15th 2022

Tour Discussion

Old 04-16-2022, 06:00 PM
Posting Always

Quote:
Originally Posted by MellyMel View Post
Another fan said Everett has Covid, as well as 35 crew members. His backing vocals were really missed, I’m sure.

The setlist selection is all about what Jon can sing now, IMO. He even struggles with This house, it’s bad. I was at Charlotte and Greenville, 3rd and 6th rows. The music does drown him out, but we could still hear and see him struggling, coming in late, etc. The crowd in Greenville went nuts for I’ll be there for you (including me.) it was a huge hit here. I still had a great time. But I have to wonder, how will he have ANY voice left for a 40th anniversary tour?
In an interview a couple of weeks ago he said the band and crew would be in a bubble and yet there have been several photos of him out and about with fans! Maybe this was the plan - everyone gets covid and the tour is cancelled and he doesn’t have to blame the fact he can’t sing!🤔

Old 04-16-2022, 08:23 PM
Breakout

I can't believe they omitted Wanted - and no more acoustic set, no more Love's The Only Rule, the return of Whole Lotta Leavin and Everett Bradley is sick??! What is going on??

Last edited by humm-baby; 04-16-2022 at 09:05 PM..
Old 04-16-2022, 08:42 PM
Blame it on the love of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by humm-baby View Post
I can't believe they omitted Wanted - and no more acoustic set, no more Love's The Only Rule, the return of Whole Lotta Leavin and Everett Bradley is sick??! What is going on??

https://youtu.be/Pp3kVVhf5WM
It's kinda shady how you keep promoting your YouTube channel here.
Old 04-16-2022, 08:51 PM
Breakout

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestinationJovi View Post
It's kinda shady how you keep promoting your YouTube channel here.
I do? I think I've linked a video twice.. this was within the topic of the thread so I just thought I'd drop a link but if it's "shady" I'll stop. Check my posts and see how often I promote my youtube channel.. not very much at all.
Old 04-16-2022, 09:28 PM
Lay your Posts on Me

Send a message via MSN to Gabriel Shoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBilly View Post
Is Wanted really that difficult to sing? Asking as a genuine non-vocalist-expert. I used to think the rest of the band dragged Jon through it anyway…
Not that hard but if you want to sound like in the album you'll need to go raspy, then you'll overheat your vocal chords and you'll probably end up singing two or three songs.

Well done, little buddy.
Old 04-16-2022, 09:46 PM
Breakout

If they're going to drop a hit from the setlist I'd prefer it be Bad Medicine which sounds much worse in my opinion; Jon really struggles with the verse.
Old 04-16-2022, 10:24 PM
Suddenly

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestinationJovi View Post
Eddie Trunk was seen at the show last night. It'll be interesting to hear his thoughts.

Spankymagee, I'm happy to hear you had a good time, but you were front row. Of course you had a good time. The energy up front makes up for Jon's terrible vocals. Johnny casual in the back of the arena or in the 2nd level heard Jon's issues much better than you.

If (IF!) Everett has covid, it's only a matter of time before more band members get sick and the tour is cancelled.
I was 3rd center and Jon’s struggle and poor vocal performance was noticeable on every song. Of course, you are going to have a ton of people say it was fine but if they actually listened, knew the songs and have seen a ton of shows and know how he should sound, they would agree. You can also watch his facial expressions and realize something isn’t right. It’s heartbreaking.

The entire arena was in shock that Wanted wasn’t played. They could have gotten rid of WSYCGH instead.

Jon said that 15 crew members were out with covid including Everett.
Old 04-16-2022, 10:54 PM
Blame it on the love of posting

Bon Jovi Limitless @ Tampa April 15, 2022

Bon Jovi Radio Saved My Life Tonite @ Tampa April 15, 2022

Bon Jovi This House Is Not For Sale @ Tampa April 15, 2022

Bon Jovi Let It Rain @ Tampa April 15, 2022

Bon Jovi Keep The Faith @ Tampa April 15, 2022

Bon Jovi I'll Be There For You @ Tampa April 15, 2022

Bon Jovi Rollercoaster @ Tampa April 15, 2022

Last edited by angelsambo; 04-16-2022 at 10:57 PM..
Old 04-16-2022, 11:29 PM
Lay your Posts on Me

Yeyeyeye part in ktf is a desperate Scream
Old 04-17-2022, 09:37 AM
Just posting

Took my son to his 1st concert at the Tampa show. He was so disappointed they didn't play Wanted. I was shocked.

As for the rest, I'm convinced it's not just a vocal issue. I think Jon has hearing loss. His pitch is just awful but his timing is way off too. Some songs he didn't sound that bad. Mostly the new songs. He absolutely butchered Who Says, Lost Highway and WLOL. Surprisingly IBTFY didn't sound half bad. The band was tight as always. Tico was a beast. Phil had some killer solos. As for Everett, I didn't even realize he wasn't there until 6 or 7 songs in. I actually enjoyed the show more without him. Glad I got to take my son but I'm officially done with going to see the band live. To answer Jon's question during WLOL, No - You don't got it anymore.