Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

#11 - Enterprise Center, St. Louis, Missouri, April 21st 2022

Tour Discussion

Old 04-22-2022, 05:16 PM
Posting everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazeofglory View Post
In that I'll Be There For You clip it really does look like Jon's not wearing in-ears (even though it's kinda hard to tell with his hair lol). I wonder if and how much that plays into his pitchy-ness and why he stopped wearing them in the first place.
Up until the end of 2019, he was still wearing them and had similar pitch issues since about 2015.

Richie said (I think it's even a quote in the WWWB book) that he is half deaf after all the years of touring and he had been using floor monitors for a few tours before his departure.
Not sure if that's a personal preference or them both having abandoned in-ears really is connected to potential hearing problems.

Btw. Does anyone remember the backstage video where the sound setup was explained and the one doing it (Mike Rew?) talked about Jon and Richie preferring different monitors?

Gesendet von meinem X30 mit Tapatalk

Old 04-22-2022, 06:20 PM
Something for the Posts

Question

Is it me or did Jon seem quite emotional at the end there. Could have just been him acting. Maybe there is some realisation there that he may not be able to do this for a whole lot longer. I do think this tour, and the media reception, has to have Jon thinking...

I'm probably just overthinking it though...
Old 04-22-2022, 06:35 PM
Posting everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinny View Post
Is it me or did Jon seem quite emotional at the end there. Could have just been him acting. Maybe there is some realisation there that he may not be able to do this for a whole lot longer. I do think this tour, and the media reception, has to have Jon thinking...

I'm probably just overthinking it though...
I was actually under the very same impression, just didn't wanna post it because of the "I think they will go on for x years if they just do y and z..." comments.
He either was really thankful or wanted to have HIS moment with the big exit since he kind of knew it may have been the last show in that town. For whatever reason. But something seemed a little different to me, like something made him more emotional than normally.
Old 04-22-2022, 07:02 PM
Price of posting

It's like watching those movies where the superhero loses his powers.

Seems a ghost.

Last edited by rolo_tomachi; 04-22-2022 at 07:14 PM..
Old 04-22-2022, 07:12 PM
Posting everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi View Post
When Jon wrote the line "I need a respirator, I'm running out of breath...", he probably didn't imagine it ringing true in THAT certain way three decades later.
Old 04-22-2022, 07:21 PM
Price of posting

Do you think Jon will tour more in the future, or is this his finish line? I'm sad, damn, it's not cool at all to see Jon like this. It seems that the negative reviews are affecting him. For years Jon has sucking, but he seemed to be ok. Now, there's something emotional that he can't hide with those smiles. Worried... about what comes after April.

Last edited by rolo_tomachi; 04-22-2022 at 07:33 PM..
Old 04-22-2022, 07:54 PM
Wanted Dead or Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi View Post
Michael Sweet Defends Jon Bon Jovi - YouTube

Do you think Jon will tour more in the future, or is this his finish line? I'm sad, damn, it's not cool at all to see Jon like this. It seems that the negative reviews are affecting him. For years Jon has sucking, but he seemed to be ok. Now, there's something emotional that he can't hide with those smiles. Worried... about what comes after April.
I think Jon may Tour in 2023, only because it's the 40th Anniversary. I have a feeling this is the farewell tour, hopefully with Richie Sambora and Alec Such, maybe make a final album with them.

If it isn't......I will be happy still listening to Bon Jovi, even if the music isn't like the glory days, loved 2020, Beautiful Drug, Limitless, Brother In Arms, Blood In The Water, Shine and Luv Can.

Last edited by jovifan85; 04-22-2022 at 08:06 PM..
Old 04-22-2022, 08:06 PM
Price of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by jovifan85 View Post
I think Jon may Tour in 2023, only because it's the 40th Anniversary. I have a feeling this is the farewell tour, hopefully with Richie Sambora and Alec Such, maybe make a final album with them.

If it isn't......I will be happy still listening to Bon Jovi, even if the music isn't like the glory days, loved 2020, Beautiful Drug, Brother In Arms, Blood In The Water, Shine and Luv Can.
Same feeling.I have always seen this as a gift, extra time, and I want it to continue to be. I'm still interested in hearing his new music, and I don't think there's a better compliment for an artist than this.
Old 04-22-2022, 09:10 PM
Hardest Part is the Night

OH MY!!!! Watching those clips, Jon is really feeling the love from the crowd, but yes, he seems emotional too. Which makes me emotional, because the thought of this being the end breaks my heart. I’ve been going to show since the New Jersey tour. I went to Charlotte and Greenville this month, and I had a great time. Sure, his voice is shot, but I had fun, and it felt very nostalgic for me. I know he can’t go on much longer with the vocal issues, but the thought of THE END is so hard.
Old 04-22-2022, 10:18 PM
Wanted Dead or Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovi90 View Post
Up until the end of 2019, he was still wearing them and had similar pitch issues since about 2015.

Richie said (I think it's even a quote in the WWWB book) that he is half deaf after all the years of touring and he had been using floor monitors for a few tours before his departure.
Not sure if that's a personal preference or them both having abandoned in-ears really is connected to potential hearing problems.
That's true, but at least from the few clips I've watched from this tour it seems like his pitch issues got worse compared to 2019 and prior, so I wondered if the fact that he's hearing himself differently this tour might be a factor there. Of course it could also just be further physical decline.

Hearing problems could certainly be a factor, although, intuitively, I would assume that a singer with hearing problems would be even MORE likely to use in-ears as opposed to floor monitors since they're probably easier to adjust to a person's specific auditory needs 🤔