Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

#09 - FLA Live Arena, Sunrise, FL, April 16th 2022

Tour Discussion

Old 04-19-2022, 05:52 AM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by efpg0708 View Post
Exactly. In 2025 some people here will be saying: I miss 2022, when he still sounded good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The way people glorified 2013 in 2016 after talking shit about the guy the entire BWC tour....this doesn't surprise me at all. People are romanticizing eras they actively disliked while they were happening.

Old 04-19-2022, 07:59 AM
Price of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
I just don't see it as damage control, it's flat out trickery. If you have to do damage control because your voice has failed then your singing days are over. I don't want to follow someone who puts pitch perfect videos out and then sounds like THAT live. They could put out ten overly produced videos, as long as the band sounds like it does, real videos put out by people there will always be the ones to go viral. In my opinion.
And I agree with you, but isn't that what they did in the 2018 hall of fame?

That will always be better than miming. Bob Dylan, John Forgerty or Axl Rose also lost their voices, they sound horrible, and that doesn't stop them.

But yes, I think that the most sensible thing at this point is to retire, at least from the live tours. They must find a profitable way to release music.

I have mixed feelings. I lost interest in shows since 2016, but I'm still interested in new music. Now, the two things go together, that's my concern.
Old 04-19-2022, 10:22 AM
Lay your Posts on Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestinationJovi View Post
Sounds exactly like in Tampa. I would not be surprised if he's lip syncing most of this song. He can't go from that shaky, off key, off pitch acapella beginning to being able to carry that note. Sorry, not buying it.

It's amazing how low in the mix he is on all songs for the chorus. I hear David and the talk box way louder than the lead singer. What a joke.
I disagree on these sampling thing: 'baby it's ok' in the latest concert of April 16th is considerably longer than that of April 15th.
15th
https://youtu.be/mzR636_qg64
16th
https://youtu.be/2DNG9d1TXqM

And it's a very clear thing, there is no need for too many plays.

Same thing for the 'yeyeyeeee' part of faith. they are live and well done. the proof is that sometimes he doesn't get it right and risks a jarring like in Tampa on April 15th

15th
https://youtu.be/wvXmWea-OMI
16th
https://youtu.be/RayQvadFAwA

He does not sing well and I agree, but if there is something good it is not wrong to say it, also because those high notes are the ones that at concerts you wait and miss more and more
Old 04-19-2022, 12:33 PM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi View Post
No no no, I hope they never take that option. A show with constant voice reproduction? seriously guys? if Jon does that, then it's better not to do shows. The guy sucks live, but at least he doesn't sink even lower by lip-synching his voice.

The Jovi camp could do damage control by uploading videos of some live performances, with all those voice tricks in the mix that Obie knows how to do... to make Jon sound a little more tolerable. If you want to fool a potential audience, that would be a smart way to go. Like that uploaded video of We Dont Run (Acoustic) for Global Citizen. But not miming on the show.
I think you are missing my point. He should obviously not be still doing live shows. He should have retired from live shows after 2015. BUT, since he is insistent on continuing to play live shows (and destroying the legacy of the band) then miming during a show at least will lead to most people leaving the concert having enjoyed what they heard. I can't believe anyone leaves a show now having enjoyed what they heard.

As an aside, I went to a Taylor Swift concert with my girlfriend a few years ago. I really like some of Taylor Swift's music so I was quite looking forward to it. It was plain as day, however, that she was miming for most of the show. There were a couple of lines in songs she sang live over backing recordings, and she sang one or two full songs totally live when she wasn't doing a silly dance routine. Anyway, I remember leaving the show and thinking what a waste of talent it was that she didn't play live but EVERYONE, and I mean everyone, was raving about how incredible she was and what an amazing singer she is. Most people don't notice, and most fans don't want to notice.
Even innocence has caught the midnight train
And there ain't nobody left but us these days

Last edited by Butters; 04-19-2022 at 12:41 PM..
Old 04-19-2022, 01:11 PM
Posting Always

Send a message via MSN to Nige

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butters View Post
I can't believe anyone leaves a show now having enjoyed what they heard.
But they do - look at the many many comments on facebook/youtube/twitter etc from fans who have loved the shows. I'd wager the majority of people attending either don't care or don't notice Jon's vocals.
Old 04-19-2022, 01:54 PM
Lay your Posts on Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butters View Post
I think you are missing my point. He should obviously not be still doing live shows. He should have retired from live shows after 2015. BUT, since he is insistent on continuing to play live shows (and destroying the legacy of the band) then miming during a show at least will lead to most people leaving the concert having enjoyed what they heard. I can't believe anyone leaves a show now having enjoyed what they heard.

As an aside, I went to a Taylor Swift concert with my girlfriend a few years ago. I really like some of Taylor Swift's music so I was quite looking forward to it. It was plain as day, however, that she was miming for most of the show. There were a couple of lines in songs she sang live over backing recordings, and she sang one or two full songs totally live when she wasn't doing a silly dance routine. Anyway, I remember leaving the show and thinking what a waste of talent it was that she didn't play live but EVERYONE, and I mean everyone, was raving about how incredible she was and what an amazing singer she is. Most people don't notice, and most fans don't want to notice.
That's just a lot of modern artists unfortunately. The song on the record is played and then they sing over it. Go watch someone like Post Malone you'll see the exact same thing.
Old 04-19-2022, 02:38 PM
Price of posting

With miming, Jon will go from being a singer with voice problems to being a fraud. The guy is 60 years old, people can understand that, miming does not.

Come see a living, breathing spectacle
Only seen right here
It's your last chance in this lifetime
The line forms at the rear
You won't believe your eyes
Your eyes will not believe your ears
Get your money out, get ready
Step right up, yeah you, come here
You ain't seen nothing like him
He's the last one of the breed
You better hold on to your honey
Honeys, don't forget to breathe
Enter at your own risk, mister
It might change the way you think
There's no dancers, there's no diamonds
No, this boy don't lip-sync
Here's the last man standing
Step right up, he's the real thing
The last chance of a lifetime
To come and see, hear, feel, the real thing
See those real live calloused fingers
Wrapped around those guitar strings
Kiss the lips where hurt has lingered
It breaks the heart to hear him sing
The songs were more than music, they were pictures from the soul
So keep your pseudo-punk, hip-hop, pop-rock junk
And your digital downloads
Here's the last man standing
To come and see, hear, feel, the real thing
Take your seats now, folks, it's show time
Hey, Patrick hit the lights
There's something in the air
There's magic in the night
Now here's the band, they really play
I'll count the first one in
I don't know where it's going
We all know where it's been
The last man standing
To come and see, hear, feel-
The last man standing
Come and see, hear, feel, the real thing
The real thing
The real thing

Last edited by rolo_tomachi; 04-19-2022 at 02:55 PM..
Old 04-19-2022, 06:56 PM
Jovi FANatic

Quote:
The way people glorified 2013 in 2016 after talking shit about the guy the entire BWC tour....this doesn't surprise me at all. People are romanticizing eras they actively disliked while they were happening.
I wonder if Richie's departure had anything to do with Jon's singing. The Circle/2011 Open Air -tour was the best tour since These Days. Jon sounded great and was singing better than on LH, HAND and Bounce tour,

On BWC tour he sounded awful (compared to 2011). And it's been downhill since then for him. After the first shows on THINFS tour I was convinced that they will never make it to Europe. His voice will not last. I thougt it cannot get any worse.

And how wrong I was. I cannot understand why is he doing this to himself and the fans. He cannot possibly enjoy singing a single song. He is struggling the whole show. And obviously he has to be aware of those horrible reviews.

But for some reason he is willing to ruin the band's legacy and become a laughing-stock. Sure Bon Jovi has never been the critics favorite, but this time all the shit he gets is well deserved.
Old 04-19-2022, 07:42 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrIks from Finland View Post
I wonder if Richie's departure had anything to do with Jon's singing. The Circle/2011 Open Air -tour was the best tour since These Days. Jon sounded great and was singing better than on LH, HAND and Bounce tour,

On BWC tour he sounded awful (compared to 2011). And it's been downhill since then for him. After the first shows on THINFS tour I was convinced that they will never make it to Europe. His voice will not last. I thougt it cannot get any worse.

And how wrong I was. I cannot understand why is he doing this to himself and the fans. He cannot possibly enjoy singing a single song. He is struggling the whole show. And obviously he has to be aware of those horrible reviews.

But for some reason he is willing to ruin the band's legacy and become a laughing-stock. Sure Bon Jovi has never been the critics favorite, but this time all the shit he gets is well deserved.
I never understood the "it's cuz Richie left" thought process. I totally get psychologically but there's so many holes in this.

1) He could have him back if he wanted to
2) It's not like he's mentally scarred from what went down. At first on that tour, sure. But if he's continuing to move on as a new incarnation of the band with a new backing vocalist and the same amount of guitarist as before..

I just don't see it. Richie bolted, it sucked, he kept going. It shouldn't still be the forefront of why his voice doesn't work if he's truly happy with this version of the band.
Old 04-27-2022, 09:00 PM
Wanted Dead or Alive

Quote:
I never understood the "it's cuz Richie left" thought process. I totally get psychologically but there's so many holes in this.

1) He could have him back if he wanted to
2) It's not like he's mentally scarred from what went down. At first on that tour, sure. But if he's continuing to move on as a new incarnation of the band with a new backing vocalist and the same amount of guitarist as before..

I just don't see it. Richie bolted, it sucked, he kept going. It shouldn't still be the forefront of why his voice doesn't work if he's truly happy with this version of the band.
I agree with you here. He just hasn't taken care of his voice and now that has finally caught up with him big time sadly!