Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

#13 - Toyota Center, Houston, Texas, April 26th 2022

Tour Discussion

Old 04-29-2022, 06:07 PM
Wanted Dead or Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack27 View Post
I think the fact that they had it ready shows that behind the scenes everyone is aware of Jon's vocal struggles. As someone suggested earlier, you can see in HAND that he goes over to the stage mic (we assume) to trigger the call for LOAP to be playback. I guess they only have it for Prayer though because he had to come out to try and sing Wanted?
That finally occurred to me also. That it was there to be used. I just wished he wouldn't have used it! Let the rest of the band sing it, let the crowd sing it, anything else except what he did! Oh course, this makes it even worse to me because it wasn't just something that happened there had to have been a plan to use it.

Old 04-29-2022, 06:22 PM
Posting everyday

Didn't they get through Prayer in 2017 or '18 when Jon's vocals had blown out as well? That show where the guy from the crowd sang Born To Be My Baby? Gotta look up how it was done back then.
Old 04-29-2022, 06:40 PM
Wanted Dead or Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovi90 View Post
Didn't they get through Prayer in 2017 or '18 when Jon's vocals had blown out as well? That show where the guy from the crowd sang Born To Be My Baby? Gotta look up how it was done back then.
I didn't know that had happened. Also what is it about Pittsburgh? Years and years ago there was a show in Pittsburgh in which Richie and Jon were both sick. I can't remember the year so I can't find any of it on YouTube.
Old 04-29-2022, 07:51 PM
Jovi FANatic

Send a message via ICQ to Johny

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovi90 View Post
David sang parts of Prayer there.
"If you got a dream, no matter what anybody tells you, if you think that you’ve got to go for it, then you should go for it, because you’ve got one life. And the next time somebody tells you: ‘You can’t do that’ you can tell them to screw themselves, because it’s your life and you do what the hell you want with it. So this is a song about having a dream and chasing it, till you find the Bright Lights." - Aldo Nova.
Aldo Nova - Bright Lights
Old 04-29-2022, 09:50 PM
Jovi Freak

Do you reckon they only had a backup plan / track for LOAP, since it's the big hit they CANNOT skip? Or do these kinds of tracks exist for, say, IML, Bad Name and what not as well?
Old 04-29-2022, 10:25 PM
Wanted Dead or Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphavictim View Post
Do you reckon they only had a backup plan / track for LOAP, since it's the big hit they CANNOT skip? Or do these kinds of tracks exist for, say, IML, Bad Name and what not as well?
I have no idea. I'm one fan that doesn't think they have to sing LOAP.

Did anyone else see this: https://preview.houstonchronicle.com...-jovi-17130356 Apparently it didn't help.

Last edited by B.J. Always; 04-29-2022 at 10:33 PM..
Old 04-29-2022, 10:37 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphavictim View Post
Such a good question. Since the other ones are typically earlier in the set I'd think there's less of a risk and none of them have the chance of him blowing out his voice early.

Considering Prayer is the only one to consistently have pre-record vocals since almost day I, I guess it's always been the "uh oh" song.
Old 04-29-2022, 10:45 PM
Wanted Dead or Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
Such a good question. Since the other ones are typically earlier in the set I'd think there's less of a risk and none of them have the chance of him blowing out his voice early.

Considering Prayer is the only one to consistently have pre-record vocals since almost day I, I guess it's always been the "uh oh" song.
Seriously almost since day one? Why? I really wish I had a little bit of your knowledge of the band! Of course, that's what I'm getting here now.
Old 04-29-2022, 11:20 PM
Posting everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.J. Always View Post
Seriously almost since day one? Why? I really wish I had a little bit of your knowledge of the band! Of course, that's what I'm getting here now.
They had the full album chorus blast over the PA system on the Slippery When Wet tour when Jon's voice went to hell.
And stuff like the long "Livin' on a prayyeeeeer..." before the solo was also a pre-recorded track on the New Jersey tour. There is a video from Santiago 1990 where they didn't trigger the backing track at that point and you see Jon give the "look of death" to the sound mixer
Old 04-29-2022, 11:51 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

What was the show where Tico accidentally did one too many drum beats before the key change and the whole track went off course?