Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

Special Editions 2010 - origins of the live songs

New Bon Jovi Releases

Old 11-10-2010, 12:14 AM
Keep the Faith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johny View Post

That's nonsense. They did not play any Wembley venue in 1989. They didn't play UK in 1989 at all apart from the Milton Keynes Festival on 1989-08-19
Dont believe all you read on the internet.
Bon Jovi played at Birmingham nec around christmas of 1989 (between Xmas and new year) . I know I was there and I think Eddie73 can confirm it as he was too. They were supported by Dan Reed Network. I went to 3 shows iirc and it was the first I heard Prayer and I,ll be there for you done acoustically.
There was a review of one of the shows a few years ago in Classic Rock.

Roulette was recorded at Ipswich Gaumont Theatre on Oct 11TH 1984. They were supporting KISS and both groups shows were recorded and played on The Friday Rock Show.

Last edited by dcj28; 11-10-2010 at 12:21 AM..

Old 11-10-2010, 12:19 AM
Jovi FANatic

Send a message via ICQ to Johny

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcj28 View Post
Dont believe all you read on the internet.
Bon Jovi played at Birmingham nec around christmas of 1989 (between Xmas and new year) . I know I was there and I think Eddie73 can confirm it as he was too. They were supported by Dan Reed Network. I went to 3 shows iirc and it was the first I heard Prayer and I,ll be there for you done acoustically.
There was a review of one of the shows a few years ago in Classic Rock.
Yes, you're right. They played in Birmingham on 1989-12-27, that's almost 1990 I skipped a line when reading it. I have this show too.
But Prayer was done the normal way and I'll Be There For You wasn't played at all. They played Living In Sin at every show at that time - it was the current single. I'll Be There For You was done sometimes as a second ballad of the show, opening the encore. But not that often.
"If you got a dream, no matter what anybody tells you, if you think that you’ve got to go for it, then you should go for it, because you’ve got one life. And the next time somebody tells you: ‘You can’t do that’ you can tell them to screw themselves, because it’s your life and you do what the hell you want with it. So this is a song about having a dream and chasing it, till you find the Bright Lights." - Aldo Nova.
Aldo Nova - Bright Lights

Last edited by Johny; 11-10-2010 at 12:22 AM..
Old 11-10-2010, 12:29 AM
Keep the Faith

Quote:
Yes, you're right. They played in Birmingham on 1989-12-27, that's almost 1990 I skipped a line when reading it. I have this show too.
But Prayer was done the normal way and I'll Be There For You wasn't played at all. They played Living In Sin at every show at that time - it was the current single. I'll Be There For You was done sometimes as a second ballad of the show, opening the encore. But not that often.
Johny, I,ve already said they played 3 nights there .The final night they started with Raise Your Hands(as opposed to LYHOM) and played two acoustic songs Prayer and I,ll Be there for you. They also had the lowered platform during Let it rock and JBJ and RS were right above our heads when they came out into the audience.
Without sounding patronising I,m 42 and remember it well. you are 22 and taking your info from the internet I would imagine.
I still cant understand why these shows arent listed on a lot of archive sites, but the same sites state Queensryche supported BJ in the uk in 86. It was in fact a group called FM. There are quite a few mistakes on these archive sites but for some reason when I point them out I seem to be ignored despite the fact I was at these shows. And while I,m still moaning Crown of Thorns, Thunder and Van Halen supported BJ at Sheffield on the Crossroads tour in 95. Not Ugly Kid Joe.

Last edited by dcj28; 11-10-2010 at 12:39 AM..
Old 11-10-2010, 12:36 AM
Jovi FANatic

Quote:
Johny, I,ve already said they played 3 nights there .The final night they started with Raise Your Hands(as opposed to LYHOM) and played two acoustic songs Prayer and I,ll Be there for you. They also had the lowered platform during Let it rock and JBJ and RS were right above our heads when they came out into the audience.
Without sounding patronising I,m 42 and remember it well. you are 22 and taking your info from the internet I would imagine.
Yes but now you are speaking about the Wembley shows, right? Or there were three night in Birmingham? If so, which dates? 1989-12-27,28 and 29 and then three nights in Wembley 1990-01-02,03,04.
They did acoustic Prayer at the first Wembley show, along with acoustic jam, Love For Sale and Ride Cowboy Ride. But no I'll Be There For You.
The last show in Wembley started with Raise Your Hands, they also played Social Disease and Seven Days. Only Without Love and Never Say Goobye missed to make it a SWW night

I'm taking my info from what I hear I have those shows as bootlegs and the bootlegs were labelled by people who recorded them, which means they were there, just like you this is not a question of age I really appreciate people like you remembering those days. I love the New Jersey era everything included, so any new info is precious to me

As for Roulette - I've compared them and they are not the same
"If you got a dream, no matter what anybody tells you, if you think that you’ve got to go for it, then you should go for it, because you’ve got one life. And the next time somebody tells you: ‘You can’t do that’ you can tell them to screw themselves, because it’s your life and you do what the hell you want with it. So this is a song about having a dream and chasing it, till you find the Bright Lights." - Aldo Nova.

Last edited by Johny; 11-10-2010 at 12:41 AM..
Old 11-10-2010, 12:43 AM
Keep the Faith

Quote:
Yes but now you are speaking about the Wembley shows, right? Or there were three night in Birmingham? If so, which dates? 1989-12-27,28 and 29 and then three nights in Wembley 1990-01-02,03,04.
They did acoustic Prayer at the first Wembley show, along with acoustic jam, Love For Sale and Ride Cowboy Ride. But no I'll Be There For You.
The last show in Wembley started with Raise Your Hands, they also played Social Disease and Seven Days. Only Without Love and Never Say Goobye missed to make it a SWW night
No mate I,ve only been to Wembley once and that was KISS in 1999. They definitely played 3 nights at Birmingham. I honestly cant remember the dates but know it was between Xmas and New Year. I remember well that I saw them 3 times at Birmingham in 1988 and 3 in 89. Plus the MK Bowl show in August 89.
Old 11-10-2010, 12:45 AM
Jovi FANatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinfan View Post
I was wondering that, too. I've heard that Runaway was even written in 1980. But I believe the band officially formed in 1983, which would make that 2007, which isn't out of question, with the Prudential shows and the Canada tour. I think that Jon usually refers to 1984 as the beginning of their career, with their first record, and when they started doing live.
So we are still at the beginning It is Lost Highway tour, that narrows it to only 99 shows

Quote:
I have listened VERY carefully, and I can conclude that it is the same. Trust me.
Ok, I'll trust you Obie is idiot then, changing the intro to a song.

Quote:
You're probably right. I don't think where I saw that from was too reliable of a source, but it is from the NJ tour for sure. That doesn't narrow it down a bit, though.
[/QUOTE]
Now trust me I've listened to so many BOB as possible and this is definitely the December of 1989.
Old 11-10-2010, 12:46 AM
Keep the Faith

The Roulette thing surprises me because I used to have a recording of both KISS' s and Bon Jovi from the Ipswich show.
Old 11-10-2010, 12:52 AM
It's my post

Quote:
So we are still at the beginning It is Lost Highway tour, that narrows it to only 99 shows
I think you will run yourself ragged trying to figure out the EXACT show for every performance. It's kinda interesting having the mystery.

Quote:
Ok, I'll trust you Obie is idiot then, changing the intro to a song.
This has been established multiple times. It's either that, or the intro on the song was edited out of the video. I thought it was cool to hear how the song originated. It is one of my favorites off of that album, but I'm one of the black sheep who love most of the album.

Quote:
Now trust me I've listened to so many BOB as possible and this is definitely the December of 1989.
I will trust you, because I can understand why you've listened to so many versions. Blood on Blood is an amazing song.
Old 11-10-2010, 12:53 AM
Jovi FANatic

Quote:
No mate I,ve only been to Wembley once and that was KISS in 1999. They definitely played 3 nights at Birmingham. I honestly cant remember the dates but know it was between Xmas and New Year. I remember well that I saw them 3 times at Birmingham in 1988 and 3 in 89. Plus the MK Bowl show in August 89.
Thanks. That's great, we have new dates added to the Jersey tour, if you are really sure.
1989-12-27 exists as bootleg. I don't remember Jon saying whether it is first or which night. I'll listen to it again. I suppose it is the first, it would be logical that they were home or at least didn't play during holiday.
Old 11-10-2010, 01:01 AM
Keep the Faith

Quote:
Thanks. That's great, we have new dates added to the Jersey tour, if you are really sure.
1989-12-27 exists as bootleg. I don't remember Jon saying whether it is first or which night. I'll listen to it again. I suppose it is the first, it would be logical that they were home or at least didn't play during holiday.
I know I didnt go on Boxing Day or New Years Eve so it would probably be between 27/28/29 and 30. So just one of these dates to cancel out.

Found a ticket stub for sale online:
Birmingham Nec 29/12/89 - Ticket - UK - 1989
Used Ticket Stub For Concert Fri 29 Dec 1989, /EX

Last edited by dcj28; 11-10-2010 at 01:07 AM..