Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

this is our house

New Bon Jovi Releases

Old 12-11-2010, 05:44 AM
Blame it on the love of posting

Default this is our house

why the hell was this kept from the physical copies of the new GH ? and why wasn't this released as a proper single ? this would be a good follow up to what do you got. again, it goes to show jovi's (or Jon's) fear of putting out a single that shows some innovation in their sound. they keep repeating the formula. it saddens me.

Lisbon 2008; Lisbon 2011

Old 12-11-2010, 05:57 AM
It's my post

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheseDaysEra View Post
why the hell was this kept from the physical copies of the new GH ?
Because it sucks. And it is best as it is, a semi-unreleased digital b-side.
Quote:
and why wasn't this released as a proper single ?
Because Jon knows it isn't too god and would bomb as a single.
Quote:
this would be a good follow up to what do you got.
Those two singles in a row would be a catastrophe. The ultimatum of mediocrity in single choosage.
Quote:
again, it goes to show jovi's (or Jon's) fear of putting out a single that shows some innovation in their sound. they keep repeating the formula. it saddens me.
Yep. We know. It's been discussed countless times here.

Is it really necessary to create a new thread on every Jovi thought you have?

Last edited by TwinFan; 12-11-2010 at 05:59 AM..
Old 12-12-2010, 10:33 PM
Next 100 Posts

Default hi

worst single ever, is "when were beautiful", were second single is "this is our house"
Old 12-12-2010, 10:48 PM
Jovi FANatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinFan View Post
Because Jon knows it isn't too god and would bomb as a single.
Yeah, because six of the latest seven singles didn't bomb, right?

TIOH is mediocre, but at least it's more radio-friendly than the other new crap songs.

Best regards,
the Sexx
Old 12-12-2010, 11:03 PM
It's my post

Quote:
Originally Posted by SexxAtraxxion View Post
Yeah, because six of the latest seven singles didn't bomb, right?
When did I ever imply anything like that? I said that this would bomb, never anything regarding past choices.

But as you insist to be on that topic, WDYG gets (got) quite a bit of airplay. The LH singles made a little impact, mainly on country radio. ST and WWWB would be the only bombs of recent years, IMO. The last hit would probably be HAND to me.

But only WWBTF charted, so I guess the rest were bombs as you worship the Hot 100.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SexxAtraxxion View Post
TIOH is mediocre, but at least it's more radio-friendly than the other new crap songs.
I think you're dead wrong. TIOH wouldn't work on the radio. It just wouldn't. I think all of the new ones other than WDYG are the most radio friendly, TMTC the most.
Old 12-13-2010, 11:32 AM
Super Moderator
It's my post

Quote:
why the hell was this kept from the physical copies of the new GH ? and why wasn't this released as a proper single ? this would be a good follow up to what do you got. again, it goes to show jovi's (or Jon's) fear of putting out a single that shows some innovation in their sound. they keep repeating the formula. it saddens me.
* Shepherds Bush 1998 (Richie) * Wembley Stadium 2000 * Milton Keynes 2001 * Wembley Arena 2002 * Hyde Park 2003 * Ricoh Arena 2006 * St Marys 2006 * Milton Keynes 2006 * O2 Arena 2007 * St Marys 2008 * Manchester 2008 * Ricoh Arena 2008 * Ashton Gate 2008 * Twickenham x2 2008 * O2 Arena x8 2010 * Hard Rock Calling 2011 * Shepherds Bush 2012 (Richie) *Etihad Manchester 2013 * Villa Park 2013 * Hyde Park 2013 *O2 Islington 2014 (Richie) *London Palladium 2016 * O2 Arena 2016 (RSO)

*Twitter * * YouTube*
Old 12-13-2010, 04:52 PM
The Distance

I agree that they should have stuck it on the second album. It's annoying when they keep saying they wrote 5 songs for the GHs. Now I got this bonus song on a separate disc will Celluloid Heroes.

I don't think the song sux. Yes, It's cheese but very catchy and that's what, sometimes, makes a good single. Todays radio music has gotten so simplistic that a song like this could fair well with casual listeners. Jersey will love it. Sports fans will love it. You people all feed off each other with your opinions and unfortunately most live in a bubble.
Old 12-13-2010, 05:27 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinFan View Post
When did I ever imply anything like that? I said that this would bomb, never anything regarding past choices.

But as you insist to be on that topic, WDYG gets (got) quite a bit of airplay. The LH singles made a little impact, mainly on country radio. ST and WWWB would be the only bombs of recent years, IMO. The last hit would probably be HAND to me.

But only WWBTF charted, so I guess the rest were bombs as you worship the Hot 100.

I think you're dead wrong. TIOH wouldn't work on the radio. It just wouldn't. I think all of the new ones other than WDYG are the most radio friendly, TMTC the most.
There's no way HAND was a bigger hit than Who Says, stateside.
Old 12-13-2010, 09:17 PM
Runaway

As the music director of a NJ radio station I can tell you "TIOH" would get LAUGHED off the air. It is sooooo not a radio hit. It is a mediocre bside at BEST. It has served it's purpose as a bonus track, being played before they take the stage, and I have also heard it during "Sunday Night Football" on NBC. Nothing less, nothing more. Honestly, I dont know what/if there is a new single coming as I have not heard anything from label yet. As a fan I like all four new songs, but I really dont think there is hit coming. WDYG died last week at HOT AC radio and will be disappearing from the air soon in the US. The thing is...they don't NEED a hit...they could keep touring for the rest of their lives and be just fine....and selling out worldwide! I would like them to have another big hit...but it's looking like that won't happen for awhile.
Old 12-13-2010, 10:15 PM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pstmatt View Post
As the music director of a NJ radio station I can tell you "TIOH" would get LAUGHED off the air. It is sooooo not a radio hit. It is a mediocre bside at BEST. It has served it's purpose as a bonus track, being played before they take the stage, and I have also heard it during "Sunday Night Football" on NBC. Nothing less, nothing more. Honestly, I dont know what/if there is a new single coming as I have not heard anything from label yet. As a fan I like all four new songs, but I really dont think there is hit coming. WDYG died last week at HOT AC radio and will be disappearing from the air soon in the US. The thing is...they don't NEED a hit...they could keep touring for the rest of their lives and be just fine....and selling out worldwide! I would like them to have another big hit...but it's looking like that won't happen for awhile.
What Jersey Station? The Rat? WDHA? Magic?

I think there is something special about this song b/ this topic must have come up about a dozen times already.

I do agree that the three remaining songs have nothing in them to make a hit. To me all three sound exactly the same. It's the same song chopped into three pieces. That’s why Shanks needs to go. But according to Jon on Larry King, he is the 6th member and is here to stay.