Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

2020: The New Album

New Bon Jovi Releases

Old 10-20-2019, 05:20 PM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faceman View Post
I think this is more spot on than you're post, Dominik.
At the end of the day it's about credibility. Bruce doesn't live the poor-man's life either. But he succeeds to connect with those people through his lyrics because people believe him when he tells he cares about them.
When Jon tries to write "social conscious" lyrics its awkward because no-one believes him. Despite all his social commitment he doesn't represent those people.
I don't know about that. I'm not saying you're wrong or anything and I'm only a casual fan of his, but when I listen to modern Springsteen (e.g. half of Wrecking Ball album), it sounds just as hokey as Bon Jovi. I don't like using Jon and Bruce as these contrasting points, because I see more similarities between them than differences.
Old 10-22-2019, 02:30 PM
Livin' on a Post

Everybody lives his own particular life. But some people seem to be able to understand more those that might be in a totally different situation, whereas others are locked in their small bubble. Unfortunately, I think that Jon is at the narrower end of the spectrum. As much as he wants to represent simple people, even if his songs have been so popular and at times symbolic, he strikes me as someone without an open horizon in his perception of the world and the other people.
Old 10-22-2019, 10:13 PM
Next 100 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzsta View Post
Everybody lives his own particular life. But some people seem to be able to understand more those that might be in a totally different situation, whereas others are locked in their small bubble. Unfortunately, I think that Jon is at the narrower end of the spectrum. As much as he wants to represent simple people, even if his songs have been so popular and at times symbolic, he strikes me as someone without an open horizon in his perception of the world and the other people.
Could be, but I don't know. I'd say it all comes down to the songwriting. It's not only the social conscious songs which are full of clichés. I'm afraid that Jon would be a better songwriter if he didn't write for Bon Jovi (or what he thinks is expected from a Bon Jovi song). And he would be better if he took the time to observe.
Of course my thoughts may be as right or wrong as anybody elses. Just wanted to add a different aspect.
Old 10-25-2019, 06:33 AM
Dry County

Send a message via MSN to LeaJovi

Jon is not a good songwriter, he needed backup in 90+% of the hits and he always writes the cringiest cliches available on the auto-rhymer.

I think this record should not see the light of day and Jon should release what he REALLY wants: "TLFR 2.0 - The whole Bon Jovi catalog" also known as "Let's downtune everything and add bagpipes and call it a re-imagining".
Old 10-25-2019, 09:07 AM
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Supersonic

Aloha !

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzsta View Post
That's because Jon doesn't surround himself with these people. He tries to represent and write for a group of people he has little in common with (anymore?). You can't write about the poor people and subsequently sell overpriced Bon Jovi wine, shitty jeans, meet & greets and cruises. He constantly cuts out the same middle man he writes about which clearly indicates he sees no reason to better their life to begin with.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
Old 10-25-2019, 03:16 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaJovi View Post
Jon is not a good songwriter, he needed backup in 90+% of the hits and he always writes the cringiest cliches available on the auto-rhymer.

I think this record should not see the light of day and Jon should release what he REALLY wants: "TLFR 2.0 - The whole Bon Jovi catalog" also known as "Let's downtune everything and add bagpipes and call it a re-imagining".
I mean that's opinion. It's the hits he's the cringiest on because he's trying to relate and have songs that resonate with bumper sticker single syllable rhymes. The dude can write, he's just not writing anything that comes from himself. D.A. and These Days at least proved that to me.
Old 10-26-2019, 05:49 AM
Jovi Fan

INCOMING RANT

Not gonna lie, I'm very disappointed in the negativity associated with this upcoming album in the forum. I understand Bon Jovi isnt what they used to be, and yes his vocals have turned to shit live. But, the main man, is capable of writing a good song.

Look at this from his point of view, I imagine from 2003 onwards Jon was starting to realize his vocals were going down hill, he wasn't able to hit some notes like he used to. I think that's why have a nice day was the last power rock/pop album they did. And turned to a more adult contemporary type of band.

I think some of the songs from the circle are phenomenal! Live before you die would be up there with some of the these days songs imo, not vocally, but composing wise. I agree with WAN being rushed, not too fond on that album. Burning bridges (although an outtake album) is a great album, showing a different side to bon jovi rather than the big choruses. Thinfs was an improvement compared to WAN imo.

I have no issue with people complaining about released material, but to complain about the whole next album when you've heard only 30sec of a song, is f$%&$&* ludicrous. It pisses me off, to see so much negativity from "fans" who use this site. Create a new thread if you wanna complain about an album you've only heard a 30 sec snippet of, so the fans who are actually looking forward to what jon has to offer aren't reading this bs.
Old 10-26-2019, 04:53 PM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonboy25 View Post
INCOMING RANT

Not gonna lie, I'm very disappointed in the negativity associated with this upcoming album in the forum. I understand Bon Jovi isnt what they used to be, and yes his vocals have turned to shit live. But, the main man, is capable of writing a good song.

Look at this from his point of view, I imagine from 2003 onwards Jon was starting to realize his vocals were going down hill, he wasn't able to hit some notes like he used to. I think that's why have a nice day was the last power rock/pop album they did. And turned to a more adult contemporary type of band.

I think some of the songs from the circle are phenomenal! Live before you die would be up there with some of the these days songs imo, not vocally, but composing wise. I agree with WAN being rushed, not too fond on that album. Burning bridges (although an outtake album) is a great album, showing a different side to bon jovi rather than the big choruses. Thinfs was an improvement compared to WAN imo.

I have no issue with people complaining about released material, but to complain about the whole next album when you've heard only 30sec of a song, is f$%&$&* ludicrous. It pisses me off, to see so much negativity from "fans" who use this site. Create a new thread if you wanna complain about an album you've only heard a 30 sec snippet of, so the fans who are actually looking forward to what jon has to offer aren't reading this bs.
I agree with about half of this post, but I always say - if someone's criticism of the things you like affects your own satisfaction of the product (in this case, Bon Jovi), then it's your problem and no one else's. Nobody should be silenced because a fan of something cannot handle others being critical.
Old 10-26-2019, 05:42 PM
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Supersonic

Aloha !

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonboy25 View Post
But, the main man, is capable of writing a good song.
Jon Bon Jovi hasn't written a good song in over 10 years. You present your theory by saying Live Before You Die would be up there with the stuff of These Days but it really wouldn't. It neither doesn't fit the lyrical theme nor does it have the lyrical originality These Days had compared to previous efforts.

Your issue really isn't with those who complain after hearing a 30 second snippet. Your issue is not hearing the same thing others hear. You draw conclusions based upon the way you rate Bon Jovi's latest output while most on here have either left or come to terms with the idea that new music will be mediore at best and the snippet shows this quite well. It showcases exactly everything that's wrong with Bon Jovi studio efforts nowadays. It's the same lyrical themes, even the same lines, the same production, worse vocals, barely any guitar and robotic drums.

A new 30 second snippet ought to excite but it doesn't, really, as it again, just like Live Before You Die, is really more of the same, but worse. There is just no reason to believe Bon Jovi will knock it out of the park with this effort when every new release is a worse final product than whatever came before it.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
Old 10-26-2019, 09:48 PM
Livin' on a Post

Send a message via AIM to trevrox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic View Post
Aloha !

Jon Bon Jovi hasn't written a good song in over 10 years.
Not Running Anymore says hello

Tags
2020 (album)