Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

Are we all alone?

General BJ Discussion

Old 10-30-2002, 09:28 PM
Jovi Fan

Send a message via ICQ to Temiken Send a message via MSN to Temiken Send a message via Yahoo to Temiken
Default Are we all alone?

I notice that on this board, a lot of us make a lot of posts because this is a chance to reach out to other Bon Jovi fans.

I was wondering if any of you were lucky enough to have three or four good friends are as fanatical about Bon Jovi as you are.

I get the sense that so many of us spend time on this board talking about Bon Jovi because we can't talk about them with our everyday friends.

just wondering.

Old 10-30-2002, 09:32 PM
Jovi Fan

Default Re: Are we all alone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temiken
I get the sense that so many of us spend time on this board talking about Bon Jovi because we can't talk about them with our everyday friends.
Well - I'd just say that I can talk about BJ without any problems... TO my friends (and yeah, I do it all the time), but not WITH them...
Old 10-30-2002, 09:32 PM
Retired Super Moderator
Crush

Yeah, I have several really good friends who are devoted Bon Jovi fans. They're in Canada, Massachusettes, Tennessee, New York... My local friends like Bon Jovi, but as far as being devoted fans who could sit around and discuss the meaning of the lyrics and promotional appearances--that won't be happening.

Also, those friends scattered across the continent are people I talk to about more than Bon Jovi. One of my best friends in the world is in Canada and we became really good friends based on our mutual interest in Jon. Not too long ago, we were on the phone and about 45 minutes into the conversation I said, "Hey, we haven't mentioned Jon yet." LOL So, Bon Jovi can be a basis for friendships that can grow very deep. We call each other to alert each other to Bon Jovi news, but it's not uncommon to call one another and say, "I'm having a bad day" or "I'm bored. What's up?"

Becky
Old 10-30-2002, 09:33 PM
Jovi Geek

Send a message via AIM to RyanBounce04 Send a message via MSN to RyanBounce04 Send a message via Yahoo to RyanBounce04

NO BON JOVI FANS HERE. So I usually have a nice Bon Jovi chat with myself......

BOUNCE,
Ryan
Old 10-30-2002, 09:34 PM
These Days

its not about evryone, i found some friends here that we always talk, not only on this board, and not only about bonjovi!
Old 10-30-2002, 09:56 PM
Jovi FANatic

Send a message via MSN to joviromeo Send a message via Yahoo to joviromeo

Good question. I got about 5/6 close friends who are as mad about Bon Jovi as I am. Some of them stay a bit away but we talk regularly on the phone and on instant messenger so thats really good. Closer to home maybe 1 or 2 friends that Bon Jovi fans so im happy.
Old 10-30-2002, 10:32 PM
Jovi Addict

well, I got one friend who likes Bon Jovi. But she is defenitely not fanatical about them, not at all.
and my other friends, they like pop and dance So no chance they like BJ And I gave up talking about BJ with them, cause usually when I start with BJ, they will find a way to lead over to BroSis or Atomic Kitten. And that means that I have to listen to those endlessly senseless and boring stories about those pop acts. Canīt stand that.

KTF
Joverl
And Iīll never grow old -
Blame it on the Love of RockīnīRoll!!
Old 10-30-2002, 11:39 PM
Jovi FANatic

Send a message via ICQ to An-U Send a message via AIM to An-U Send a message via MSN to An-U Send a message via Yahoo to An-U

Well, I know one fanatic (but most times she's working) and two that are fans but no fanatics. So I can talk with them about BJ but sometimes I need someone else.
Old 10-31-2002, 12:30 AM
It's my post

Send a message via MSN to Shaun

most of my friends like rap......and all the girls like pop and some rap....and other like punk....i dont really have any friends that like good ol' rock and roll.....and when it comes to bon jovi....the only song that theyve ever is obviously its my life...thats about it

basically its aunts,uncles,cousins,my parents, and i guess my neighbors r about the only ones outside of my family that like a bunch of bon jovi songs

and ive heard ppl i dont know listening to bon jovi in their cars so i know im not the only one in this town that likes them
Old 10-31-2002, 01:44 AM
I Wanna Rock
Jovi Freak

Send a message via MSN to {_Warrior_}

I have no friend that is a fan like me, just Meggar(he posts here too ) but I have a lot of others that like the band, have some Cds, but I canīt talk about BJ with them like I do here.