Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

'You sound like Bon Scott meets David Lee Roth and look like Bon Jovi...'

Other Bands

Old 11-06-2013, 02:17 AM
Blaze of Posting

Default 'You sound like Bon Scott meets David Lee Roth and look like Bon Jovi...'

A guy I used to be good friends so long ago that it seems it's a lifetime away did a version of Van Halen's Jump at Romanian X-Factor or one of those types of shows...

One of the guys in the jury said to him:

"You sound like Bon Scott meets David Lee Roth and you look like Bon Jovi. That's amazing. I've never seen anything like this."

He replied: "That's the nicest thing I heard all day"
Anyhow - he did kick ass so maybe someone else wants to see it.

And I might have posted this back ten years ago when I was a long haired punk and spent my nights with these guys in the smokiest and smelliest rock bars of my hometown...it's called Angels of Stone:

Anyhow...that's all :P

Old 11-06-2013, 11:46 AM
Blame it on the love of posting

he sounds more like Brian Johnson.
Old 11-06-2013, 12:04 PM
Blaze of Posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambos apprentice View Post
he sounds more like Brian Johnson.
Nah, I don't think so. I actually think he's got quite a unique voice of his own. I guess the fact that he did a Van Halen song naturally led to some conclusions. But would still say he sounds more like Bon Scott than like Brian Johnson.

Actually here's the whole clip with the feedback and shit but in worse quality. It's in Romanian but at 4:10 onwards, the guy who breaks the chair basically says what is in the title. It's quite funny, obviously not understanding the language won't help though :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...XQ7Kn-xU#t=250
Old 11-06-2013, 12:47 PM
Blame it on the love of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsSon View Post
Nah, I don't think so. I actually think he's got quite a unique voice of his own. I guess the fact that he did a Van Halen song naturally led to some conclusions. But would still say he sounds more like Bon Scott than like Brian Johnson.

Actually here's the whole clip with the feedback and shit but in worse quality. It's in Romanian but at 4:10 onwards, the guy who breaks the chair basically says what is in the title. It's quite funny, obviously not understanding the language won't help though :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...XQ7Kn-xU#t=250
i speak italian...let's see! Veddiamo!
Old 11-13-2013, 04:19 AM
Jovi Freak

Not into the power metal-style vibrato at all, which for some weird reason seemed a lot more present in the The Voice clip.

Still, kudos to him for chosing Jump of all tracks. That song's vocal melody is actually weak as hell and relies heavily on the lead singer's charisma and delivery.
Old 11-19-2013, 02:43 PM
Blaze of Posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphavictim View Post
Not into the power metal-style vibrato at all, which for some weird reason seemed a lot more present in the The Voice clip.

Still, kudos to him for chosing Jump of all tracks. That song's vocal melody is actually weak as hell and relies heavily on the lead singer's charisma and delivery.
Yeah, I know what you mean - Seven used to sound like a heavier version of HIM (much better songs though). They had terrible management focussed on the 'hardcore' market so they never made it bigger than local underground celebrities, but hell, they were good.

Am curious how he'll do on the show and I am pretty sure he'll do Bad Name at some point. He always jumped on stage and did Bad Name with a different band called Intercity...
Will post it if he does. Looking at it now after a couple of weeks, the reaction of that jury was pretty overwhelming. Not sure how much of those are staged, but they all wanted to work with him...