Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

Hear this for the height of ridiculous behaviour!

General BJ Discussion

Old 07-21-2009, 02:57 PM
Born to be my Baby

Default Hear this for the height of ridiculous behaviour!

yesterday when i was in belfast with my mother in law shopping for the wifes birthday i was walking through a shitty little arcade called in-shops which is a dive that has been there since at least the late 70's. In the corner of my eye i spotted a grey, have a nice day t-shirt and thought "oh?!". probably like others i am always looking but never see them. so i was very surprised when i went into the shop that the guy had well over twenty of them. they were all original and dated from 93-06. none were a nice shape, they were all typical over sized american shapeless t-shirts that needed cut up to look wearable.

I looked at the t-shirts and spotted a these days one which was nice enough with the album cover on the front and a picture from inside the album sleeve with tour dates in an unusual style spread across the back. to me and you its worth quite a few quid if you want it enough, to anyone else in the world its worth 50 pence at the very most. the guy was selling all t-shirts for a fiver!! fair enough i thought.

next thing i had decided wich one i wanted (these days) and was looking in my wallet to discover i had nothing left. my mother in law said "i'll get it, give me the money at home sure". so i said fine no problem, thanks. the man was standing there fixing t-shirts. he was a red headed mick hucknell type only a lot uglyer and shorter hair, very insignificant looking and quite small. very average and almost friendly.

next thing was he heard my mother in law saying "oh dear i only have £4.70"! she actually had £5.09 but the rest were in pennies and she didn't want to embaress herself or offend the man by giving him so many coppers. when he overheard this he quickly and cheekily said, "its a fiver and thats all there is to it!". she said, "well i only have £4.70, unless you don't mind the rest in coppers?" he said, "its £5 , thats it i dont need your money anyway, your not getting the bloody t-shirt." he then disappeared away around the corner to another unit filled with t-shirts, which he must have also owned and had taken the t-shirt with him. my mother in law said, "i have never met anyone so rude in my entire life" and i also said to him, "what sort of way is that to behave?" he told us to get out and that he would not be selling the t-shirt to us and we said that we had £5 to by the t-shirt could we please just take it and go. if it was not for the fact that i wanted it so much i would have told the little weirdo to **** right off and stick it up his arse hole, but because i really wanted it i was prepared to grovel and embaress myself, knowing that i would never see the twurp again in my life.

he called security to remove us and gave the security guard some bullshit explanation as to why he wanted us to leave. the security man was beyond useless, but i made sure he understood that i had never experienced anything or anyone so ridiculous in my life to date. he soon realised that we were not doing anything wrong etc. anyway the guy then said to me, "take it i dont want your money" and i said "look thank you but i would not do that, will you allow me to give you the money and i will take the t-shirt?" he said, "no" and then told me to leave and i said, "well if you are going to be like that then i will take it for free then please." he then said "no" etc, etc. this went on and on and when he eventually disappeared back round to his other unit i followed him. i said to him, "look maybe you have had a bad day and i am sorry if maybe i offended you somehow but i have wanted this for a long time and would really really apreciate it if you would let me have the t-shirt it means a lot to me." he said "**** off" and all this other bollocks and the next thing it was in my hand. he would not accept the money and the security guard then told me to go before things got worse. i wanted to leave the money on his till when he was away but i just couldnt even do that.

so i have a free t-shirt which i have chopped up to look fantastic, although what was worse paying for it or having to put up with that shit?

some people are ****ing ridiculous.. i have bad days and am a moody firey arse sometimes, but i am never anything other than nice to people regardless. my mother in law and i are nice normal, warm, friendly people and there was no need whatsoever for that. we were totally shell shocked.

Last edited by jovi 94; 07-21-2009 at 07:21 PM..

Old 07-21-2009, 03:03 PM
Friends will be friends
Bounce

To sum up - you went into a shop, argued with someone who was a bit of a rude idiot, and ended up with a free t-shirt.

There, if you'd written that, it'd have saved a lot of time
Old 07-21-2009, 04:10 PM
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Supersonic

Aloha !

Quote:
Originally Posted by jovi 94 View Post
Anyway I am 25, married with two kids
Oi.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
Old 07-21-2009, 04:29 PM
The Distance

Quote:
Anyway I am 25, married with two kids.
Hey so you are Married With Children; you must be Al Bundy!
Old 07-21-2009, 05:27 PM
Blame it on the love of posting

Location: In a bar breathing smoke, snorting whiskey drinking coke.

Quote:
Hi guys. By the way I think I will quickly introduce myself for the first time before i tell this little story if that is ok.

My name is Johnny Reid (aka Johnny Depp). for some reasons or another I get called this at least once or twice every single day. my wife tells me its just because I am dark and have long black hair. Anyway I am 25, married with two kids and live in a lovely tourist town called Bangor just 11 miles from Belfast. I have been a bon jovi fan since I was 10 because of my mum and dad really and have become obsessive about them gradually over the last few years...haha!

Anyhooo....A year or so ago my wife bought 30 original 80's bon jovi tour t-shirts etc from 84-90 off a man and wife in their 40's from e-bay. These are all pre-cut usually into that nice 80's rocker shape and she or i have never managed to find keep the faith. crossroads, or these days ones.

so.... yesterday when i was in belfast with my mother in law shopping for the wifes birthday i was walking through a shitty little arcade called in-shops which is a dive that has been there since at least the late 70's. In the corner of my eye i spotted a grey have a nice day t-shirt and thought "oh?!". probably like others i am always looking but never see them. so i was very surprised when i went into the shop that the guy had well over twenty of them. the all were original and dated from 93-06. none were a nice shape, they were all typical over sized american shapeless t-shirts that needed cut up to look wearable.

I looked at the t-shirts and spotted a these days one which was nice enough with the album cover on the front and a picture from inside the album sleeve with tour dates in an unusual style spread across the back. to me and you possible its worth quite a few quid if you want it enough, to anyone else in the world its wirth 50 pence at the very most. the guy was selling all t-shirts for a fiver!! fair enough i thought.

next thing i had decided wich one i wanted (these days) and was hoking in my wallet to discover i had nothing left. my mother in law said "i'll get it, give me the money at home sure". so i said fine no problem, thanks. the man was standing there fixing t-shirts. he was a red headed mick hucknell type only a lot uglier and shorter hair, very insignificant looking and quite small. very average and almost friendly.

next thing was he heard my mother in law saying "oh dear i only have £4.70! she actually had £5.09 but the rest were in pennies and she didn't want to embarass herself or offend the man by giving him so many coppers. when he overheard this he quickly and cheekily said, "its a fiver and thats all there is to it!". she said well i only have £4.70 unless you don't mind the rest in coppers? he said, its £5 , thats it i dont neede your money anyway, your not gettin the bloody t-shirt. he then disappeared away around the corner to another unit filled with t-shirts which he must have also owned and had taken the t-shirt with him. my mother in law said i have never met anyone so rude in my entire life and i also said to him, what sort of way i tat to behave? he told us to get out and that he would not be selling the t-shirt to us and we said that we had £5 to by the t-shirt could we plz just take it and go. if it was not for the fact that i wanted it so much i would have told the little weirdo to **** right off and stick it uop his arse hole but because i really wanted it i was prepared to grovel and embarass myslef knowing that i would never see the twurp again in my life probably.

he called security to remove us and gave the security guard some bullshit explanation as to why he wanted us to leave. the security man was beyond useless but i made sure he understood that i had never experienced anything or oanyone so ridiculous in my life to date. he soon realised that we were not doing anything wrong etc. anyway the guy then said to me, take it i dont want your money and i said look thank you but i would not do that will you allow me to give you the money and i will take the t-shirt. he said no and then told me to leave and i said well if youy are going to be like that then i will take it for free then please. he then said no etc, etc. this went on and on and when he eventually disappeared back round to his other unit i followed him. i said to him, look maybe you have had a bad day and i am sorry if maybe i offended you somehow but i have wanted this for a long time and would really really apreciate it if you would let me have the t-shirt it means a lot to me. he said **** off and all this other bollox and the next thing it was in my hand. he would not accept the money and the security guard then told me to go before things got worse. i wanted to leave the mooney on his till when he was away but i just couldnt even do that.

so i have a free t-shirt which i have chopped up to look fantastic, although what was worse paying for it or having to put up with that horse shit.

some people are ****ing ridiculous.. i have bad days and am a moody firey wee dick some times but i am never anything other than nice to people regardless. my mother in law and i are nice normal, warm, friendly people and there was no need whatsoever for that. we were totally shell shocked.

my brother Ben reid, who is a seriously cool customer http://www.justreid.com/ was in the same place when an indian guy said to him as he walked in the shop, what do you want?, get out!! and shuffled him out the door. my bro said to him, i dont know how you treat people in your country, but you dont treat people like that here! my bro asked the guy in the opposite unit if he was always like that and he said yes he was!!

thanks for listening to this!

It's obviously a shady drugs warehouse, the whole clothes shop thing is just a cover up.

I bet he had twenty Thai kids cutting up coke in the back.
Old 07-21-2009, 05:59 PM
Undiscovered Posts

I am also from Bangor, and agree the In-shops are horrible. But Happy DAys, free T-shirt
Old 07-21-2009, 06:22 PM
Midnight on JoviTalk

At least my long posts are frickin' interesting.
Old 07-21-2009, 06:22 PM
Born to be my Baby

i agree i went on a bit but that is just my personality.

is it a crime? no! just telling a story some may find interesting because i like to share things on this forum with the mostly nice people that use it. i may think twice again with responses like that from one or two people. very mature.

because i introduced myself as being 25 years old and a husband and father of two that is found to be funny or a joke for some reason. personally i find that amusing myself that anyone would question it or take the piss for some reason or another.

anyway the guy also said to me when i showed interest in the t-shirt that he could not have them as a band. i said why would that be then? and he simply said that they are just a terrible band and i just said oh right okay then.
Old 07-21-2009, 06:36 PM
Midnight on JoviTalk

Quote:
i agree i went on a bit but that is just my personality.
Well get it fixed.

Quote:
is it a crime? no!
Don't ask a question and then answer it yourself <_< Don't ever become the host of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire.

Quote:
just telling a story some may find interesting
Goldilock & The Three Bears is my favourite, tell that next time.

Quote:
because i like to share things on this forum
Same here - wanna trade swine flu's?

Quote:
with the mostly nice people that use it.
Stop it, you're making me blush!

Quote:
because i introduced myself as being 25 years old and a husband and father of two that is found to be funny or a joke for some reason.
You mean it wasn't supposed to be funny? Oh.

Quote:
personally i find that amusing myself
Oh so you're allowed to laugh at it but we're not?

Quote:
anyone would question it or take the piss for some reason or another.
See, you're finally coming 'round

Quote:
anyway the guy also said to me when i showed interest in the t-shirt that he could not have them as a band. i said why would that be then? and he simply said that they are just a terrible band and i just said oh right okay then.
What the **** did I just say about stories? GOLDILOCKS AND THE THREE BEARS.
Old 07-21-2009, 06:46 PM
Something for the Posts

Post too long, grammar too shit, can't be arsed to read.