Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

40th Anniversary Boxset (2023)

New Bon Jovi Releases

Old 10-07-2021, 11:17 PM
Lay your Posts on Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by James_86 View Post
I'm certainly not getting my hopes up for this. We know that Jon doesn't give a single shit anymore about those fans that adore the bands music. The target market these days is the Jerry's of the world, the housewives and the wine aficionados. People that spend thousands of bucks on runaway trips.

The die-hard fan isn't catered for anymore, unfortunately.

Besides, how much 'good stuff' is really left? Most of the unreleased stuff we haven't heard would surely be post-2000, apart from the odd gem?

Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk
I was on the round table call and I haven’t heard Jon talk so enthusiastically and passionately about their past music in years. It was so refreshing to have a discussion about the music with no mention of wine, modelling or politics! The round table was exactly what die hard music fans want.

An edited version will end up on Sirius and some video clips are going on YouTube too. For me I wouldn’t swap my place on that round table for 10 Runaway trips!

I was in Jovi music fan boy heaven!

Old 10-07-2021, 11:19 PM
Jovi Freak

If there is video included, I would like to see behind the scenes stuff, the band in the studio, the band in the backstage. Not that interested about the live stuff since there's already pro shot videos available from pretty much every tour.
Old 10-08-2021, 09:36 AM
Keep the Faith

I'd love them to do another a box set.
But 2023 is still a long time to go and in the last 30 years there was a lot of great stuff announced that never happened. So until I really hold that new box set in my hands, I keep listening to Whiskey and Eggs...(oh, wait a minute...;- ) )

Concerning the songs to be picked: I'm happy about everything that has Richie on it. Everything after 2013 does nothing for me. And I don't think we get too many tracks from the 80s and 90s. The 90s were mainly covered with the first box set. I still think they don't have too much from the 80s left because otherwise I can't explain why there were so little songs on the 2004 release.
So my guess is that we get stuff from 2000 onwards (and by saying that probably more from 2005 onwards since that's the period in which demos and outtakes are barely known).
Old 10-08-2021, 01:42 PM
Price of posting

Yeah I’m hoping the unreleased stuff isn’t from last few albums but from the glory years.
Also hoping to get the tracks that didn’t make SWW that are on YouTube in poor quality in good quality.
Hopefully some more first 6 album left overs.

What we don’t want or need Is 5 versions of prayer, bad name etc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Wembley Arena 90, Wembley Arena 93, MK Bowl 93, Wembley Stadium 95, MK Bowl 96, Wembley Stadium 00, MK Bowl 01, Hyde Park 03, MK Bowl 06, o2 07, Twickenham 08, o2 10 (x2), Hyde Park 13, London Palladium 16, Wembley 19
Follow me: @iam_emmo
Old 10-08-2021, 06:11 PM
Price of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by steel_horse75 View Post
Yeah I’m hoping the unreleased stuff isn’t from last few albums but from the glory years.
Also hoping to get the tracks that didn’t make SWW that are on YouTube in poor quality in good quality.
Hopefully some more first 6 album left overs.

What we don’t want or need Is 5 versions of prayer, bad name etc.

I love Game of The Heart and all those songs that were left out, but I think it would be better if they released a commemorative edition of SWW including those songs.

I'm open to what they release, sometimes a post2000 song can be more exciting than a song from the eighties. I repeat, you simply have to choose wisely. The rarer songs are usually discarded, so it can be a very interesting collection.

I wonder if there is something from Sex Sells that is good and can be released in the new box set, and do you remember that song that was about to be included in 100 million cant .... called "It takes only One to Say Goodbye".

There are so many possibilities ... Jon should be daring and release 8 CDs with 100 unreleased songs.
Old 10-08-2021, 07:01 PM
Posting everyday

They could, they could, they could...in theory do so much.

Let's wait simply wait what happens. If they put out something like 40 songs and about half of them are good, it's still a better percentage than most of their releases from the past 15 years.

Not sure about It Only Take One To Say Goodbye. They didn't do a full-band recording for that and had in some way licensed it off to the Poets. I think, other than House Of Fire and the early Does Anybody version, they had rarely put out their versions of songs that had been given away.
It dropping off last minute in 2004 could've already been due to legal reasons. However, the demo version was interesting with Jon and Richie basically doing the song live in the studio.
Old 10-08-2021, 07:08 PM
Price of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovi90 View Post
They could, they could, they could...in theory do so much.

Let's wait simply wait what happens. If they put out something like 40 songs and about half of them are good, it's still a better percentage than most of their releases from the past 15 years.

Not sure about It Only Take One To Say Goodbye. They didn't do a full-band recording for that and had in some way licensed it off to the Poets. I think, other than House Of Fire and the early Does Anybody version, they had rarely put out their versions of songs that had been given away.
It dropping off last minute in 2004 could've already been due to legal reasons. However, the demo version was interesting with Jon and Richie basically doing the song live in the studio.
Wait, you mean It Only Take One To Say Goodbye?
I didn't know there was a demo out there rolling.
Old 10-08-2021, 08:43 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

This will be for sure for sure for sure our last kick at the can in getting Sex Sells.
Old 10-09-2021, 12:57 AM
Price of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
This will be for sure for sure for sure our last kick at the can in getting Sex Sells.

And Cadillac man.

Wembley Arena 90, Wembley Arena 93, MK Bowl 93, Wembley Stadium 95, MK Bowl 96, Wembley Stadium 00, MK Bowl 01, Hyde Park 03, MK Bowl 06, o2 07, Twickenham 08, o2 10 (x2), Hyde Park 13, London Palladium 16, Wembley 19
Follow me: @iam_emmo
Old 10-09-2021, 07:15 AM
Jovi FANatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
Honestly, that's what I am most hopeful for. I have always thought if it was worth naming an album after, it's gotta be pretty darn good.

I drove all night down streets that wouldn't bend
But somehow they drove me back here once again...

Tags
2024 box set, box set