Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

Daughtry Once Again... Locks Down #1 Spot on Billboard Top 200

Other Bands

Old 03-08-2007, 05:05 AM
Jovi Geek

Send a message via AIM to RyanBounce04 Send a message via MSN to RyanBounce04 Send a message via Yahoo to RyanBounce04
Default Daughtry Once Again... Locks Down #1 Spot on Billboard Top 200

Self-Titled Debut Album Makes Rock History In Multiple Sales, Radio, Video And Digital Formats!

(New York, NY) The fastest selling rock debut in Soundscan history, DAUGHTRY, has become the #1 top selling album in the country for the second time this year, in an incredible 15 week run that has seen the debut artist, album and single – “It’s Not Over” - shatter so many records that the milestones are becoming too numerous to list. Debuting at #2 on November 21, 2006, the double-platinum album (certified this week by the RIAA) has been in the top 3 of the Billboard Top 200 albums chart for an amazing 9 weeks. It is the first album since the 2006 phenomenon High School Musical soundtrack to accomplish such a feat, and the first rock band to achieve a streak of that magnitude in the first 15 weeks of release since Creed in 2002. DAUGHTRY has remained in the Top 10 every week except one since launch, and is the first rock band release in nearly 20 years - since Bon Jovi’s 1988 classic New Jersey - to hit the top spot after debuting below #1 and the first rock band to hit the #1 spot a second time more than 5 weeks after it first topped the chart without debuting there since Santana's "Supernatural" in 2000.

Such amazing accomplishments are only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to gauging the impact of DAUGHTRY’s indelible lock on virtually every platform of the music scene: The band and album are pulling in superstar-brand page view numbers in the digital domain; drawing over one million views per week to their artist site www.daughtryoffical.com and remaining a Top 10 staple on itunes since release. The debut single “Its Not Over,” has conquered all digital, mobile, radio and video platforms, parking at the top or near the top of every major music industry metric including: #1 on the Adult Top 40 chart, Hot AC chart, and is destined to score as the #1 heir apparent on the Top 40 singles chart in a couple of weeks as it jumps to #3 this week as one of the biggest airplay and sales gainers with another 2 million new listeners. “It's Not Over “has now sold over 800K tracks and has been in the Top 10 of the Digital Songs Chart for the last 7 weeks.

The riveting video for the smash single has chartered its own amazing course, remaining atop VH1’s Top 20 Countdown show for 5 consecutive weeks and is about to crash the #5 spot as one of the most played videos on the network overall. The clip has simultaneously won over MTV fans, crashing the upper echelon on the Big Ten show as it rockets toward the coveted most played status on the music network.

DAUGHTRY has scanned more than one million individual tracks digitally since the album’s debut, and continues to rate 4 and a-half stars out of 5 from the growing legion of itunes fans who have supplied their own rave reviews based on the site’s ranking system.

DAUGHTRY’S heartfelt “Home,” has enjoyed tremendous exposure on Fox’s mega-hit ‘American Idol,’ since it was chosen as the elimination song this season. This week “Home” moved up from #119 to #62 on the Digital Songs Chart with track sales at 17K, up 81% from the prior week. Other significant uses for the stirring ballad are expected to be announced in the coming weeks.

DAUGHTRY is also in the midst of a critically acclaimed, sold-out tour which is packing clubs and halls throughout the U.S. Daughtry, charismatic lead singer/songwriter of the band is grateful for the fan support he has received, acknowledging the momentum it has brought to every cylinder of his unparalleled rise to the top of mainstream, contemporary music. “The tremendous radio and video support, the great crowds we get at our shows, the intensity of our online fans – all of it - is everything any artist could ever ask for,” says Daughtry. “We see all these new faces everyday at our shows, including great, great rock fans who make each performance an adventure...I want all of our fans to know that every song we play is a thank you right back at each and every one of them for standing by us in such an awesome way.”

The Daughtry juggernaut officially hits Chicago, IL on March 7, Indianapolis, IND on March 9, and Cincinnati, OH on March 10. The acclaimed trek will run through April 19 and features special guest Eve to Adam and opening act Cinder Road, among others.

Very cool! Can't wait to see them again in a couple months!

Ryan
Tampa Bay Lightning - 2004 Stanley Cup Champions
Philadelphia Soul - 2008 AFL Champions
Oklahoma City Thunder - ????????

Old 03-08-2007, 06:38 AM
Jovi Geek

Boy, now that's a press release. I know everyone loves this record but I think it's overrated. From the record, I have two songs on my Ipod, It's Not Over and Breakdown.

deb
Old 03-08-2007, 07:17 PM
wolfgang

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjcrazycpa View Post
Boy, now that's a press release. I know everyone loves this record but I think it's overrated. From the record, I have two songs on my Ipod, It's Not Over and Breakdown.

deb
I know how you feel. When I finally heard 'Its Not Over' I was like, 'is that it?" I wanted to like it, but its some of the most boring, unemotional music I've ever heard. They are just a Nickleback clone and Nickleback sucks pretty bad
Old 03-08-2007, 09:18 PM
Last Man Standing

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgang View Post
I know how you feel. When I finally heard 'Its Not Over' I was like, 'is that it?" I wanted to like it, but its some of the most boring, unemotional music I've ever heard. They are just a Nickleback clone and Nickleback sucks pretty bad
Its not over is nowhere near the best song on their album
Old 03-08-2007, 09:47 PM
Jovi Geek

Send a message via AIM to RyanBounce04 Send a message via MSN to RyanBounce04 Send a message via Yahoo to RyanBounce04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurotica80 View Post
Its not over is nowhere near the best song on their album
Agreed. To be honest... It's Not Over was one of my least favorites when I heard the album.

Ryan
Old 03-09-2007, 02:54 AM
Price of posting

Yes, i agree it's not the best song on the album but it has definitely grown on me.... I like It's Not Over a lot more than i did now than when i first heard it.
Albany, NY 12/12/05. JBJ to me from the stage: "You been a good girl this year?" (Reads my sign) "Jon, It's almost Xmas I've been a very good girl! Play Blood on Blood please!" (cue me on the big screen) JBJ: "How good have you been? Oh My God!" (laughs, more teasing) JBJ: "You want it huh, you want it huh? Blood on Blood just for you, the good girl in the front row? The all request hour, the girl in the front row has just asked for Blood on Blood, ok, Merry Christmas young lady!" Amazing <3
Old 03-09-2007, 03:44 AM
Retired Super Moderator
Crush

I agree that It's Not Over isn't one of the best. Over You should be a single.
Old 03-09-2007, 06:25 AM
Jovi Geek

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky View Post
I agree that It's Not Over isn't one of the best. Over You should be a single.
It will be the third single I believe. "Home" is just taking off with American Idol right now. Daughtry is also going to do a guest performance in the coming weeks sometime.

Ryan
Old 03-09-2007, 06:46 AM
Blaze of Posting

I think I'll check this cd out now, I heard a few tracks last wek and really liked what I heard.