Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

Bon Jovi Songs That Helped You in Rough Times?

General BJ Discussion

Old 02-07-2019, 07:25 PM
Lay your Posts on Me

Send a message via Yahoo to sweetmisery
Default Bon Jovi Songs That Helped You in Rough Times?

For me:

ANY OTHER DAY- dedicated it to this girl who really helped me when wife(ex wife now of course) cheated on me. This girl was there daily to help me months and years after. So that song made me feel good knowing someone helps me when I was really struggling getting back at my life.

RADIO SAVED MY LIFE TONIGHT - when I am feeling sentimental about the past. About how my parents, siblings and even aunts, uncles, cousins... how we used to be so close, lots of gatherings, but now everyone seem to have their own lives. And even on reunions, it gets smaller and smaller.

SOMEDAY I'LL BE SATURDAY NIGHT - my fave Bon Jovi song... helped me in lots of heartbreaks and depression.

SCARS ON THIS GUITAR - I know fairly new. I made it a song about me and one of my dogs. This dog listened to me and was there when I had some rough patch a few years ago. Esp the chorus.

Old 02-07-2019, 07:48 PM
Wanted Dead or Alive

Send a message via MSN to belgium_BON_JOVI_fan

For me it was these days start to finish I always was kind of young in mind when I started high-school all the kids were smoking and talking about girls and going out I was 11 when I was started high school got bullied Alot of times and my brother already was a fan.

First album I bought on cassette and later the tour edition which was on sale lol

That's my goto record when I'm feeling down. The craftsmanship that went into this album is amazing and their best IMHO album.

Song has to be born to be my baby I know it's corny but that's what made me believe that there is someone out there for everyone.. It's one of the faves of my fiancee and me.

My stepdaughter her name is Faith so that had to be an omen lol this summer her first bin jovi (that's what she calls them) concert and she became a huge fan tore down her princess posters and wanted a bon jovi one lol and she's only 8

Ktf,

Nick
Old 02-07-2019, 09:41 PM
Jovi Fan

I would say Hard Times Come Easy- I do not own the record but the song has an amazing lyrics that helped me at the moments when someone stole our house. that is why I love the whole Bon Jovi (The old Bon Jovi)
Old 02-08-2019, 01:47 AM
Posting everyday

Always like reading topics like these! We've had a similar one not so long ago where I explained the most personal songs for me:
https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/bon-j...nd-why-t70304/
Old 02-08-2019, 04:34 AM
Jovi Addict

I needed and used music a lot when I was younger for comfort , joy, inspiration or what have you. Much of it I am sure came from being a fairly solitary person so music was the voice I listened to. I responded well to most of the Jovi hits.

I will say that nowadays some of the songs on the limited Richie Sambora output still continue to entrance me and to which I will turn to occasionally to listen on endless repeats. There are certain moods that respond well to a solo artist rather than a band and I've always been a huge fan of his voice. Instead of striving for currency and hits, I wish RS would make a bluesy, introspective release

Old 02-08-2019, 10:09 AM
Dry County

Saturday Night got me through the grief caused by my schoolmate's suicide.

Not going to tell any more details.
Old 02-08-2019, 11:12 AM
Price of posting

The whole These Days album.

Was in long relationship that ended about 6 months after this album came out.
When TD was first released I was a bit disappointed with it. But after the break up I heard it in a totally different way and still do.
Wembley Arena 90, Wembley Arena 93, MK Bowl 93, Wembley Stadium 95, MK Bowl 96, Wembley Stadium 00, MK Bowl 01, Hyde Park 03, MK Bowl 06, o2 07, Twickenham 08, o2 10 (x2), Hyde Park 13, London Palladium 16, Wembley 19
Follow me: @iam_emmo
Old 02-08-2019, 03:17 PM
Livin' on a Post

Great thread!
Oh, where do I begin. Reading some of the comments and some usual suspects are here (These days, Saturday night).
I'll just talk about one song:
Saturday Night.
It was probably the darkest times, atleast it felt like it because I was still a teenager and I couldn't see anything positive in my life (2004). Watching the video to the song just made me feel at ease as I was thinking of doing impulsive things that night. I absolutely love that video, they don't do it like that anymore.
Old 02-08-2019, 03:44 PM
Wanted Dead or Alive

For me it was Cross Road, the album that got me into Bon Jovi. That greatest hits propelled me to other albums, which all ultimately carried me through a shitty 10 years of my life. Funnily, since getting my shit together my love of Bon Jovi's music has gradually declined, even the classic albums.

Btw, These Days is a great break up album for teenagers, or at least was.
Old 02-08-2019, 08:19 PM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by SadieLady View Post
... I've always been a huge fan of his voice. Instead of striving for currency and hits, I wish RS would make a bluesy, introspective release
From your lips to God's ears.
I have two songs; one of Richie's and one from Bon Jovi.

When I was working on my Counseling degree, I began to question some things about my faith. Before long, I doubted almost everything I'd considered to be pure fact for 45 years. I stopped going to church; and while I missed the community, what I missed most was the music. None of it rang true anymore. As I listened to "The Answer" I came to realize it's okay to question, since man's answers are beliefs at best. It gave new meaning to a favorite Christian lyric, "Could it be that questions tell us more than answers ever do?" and opened the door to using my questions to find my own path back to a relationship with God. I could sing some of the songs again that I'd been (literally) unable to sing for years as I realized that doubting some things didn't mean everything had been a lie.

The Bon Jovi song that has helped me over my very roughest patch is "Story of My Life". When my dad was dying and I'd have tough days, my older brother, Steve, would ask if I was doing okay; and then he'd hug me and say, "You're not; but you will be?" To my knowledge, Steve had never heard SOML, so years later, when I heard Jon sing "I know you know I'm not alright, but I'll be okay", it made me smile.

In 2014, Steve was diagnosed with cancer; and he often went through the same routine when it was hard for me to cope with knowing I was gonna lose him way too soon - just a few months later as it turned out. Today when I listen to SOML, it may not be as easy to smile at Jon's words, but I can still feel Steve's hugs, and hear the smile in his voice, when he'd say, "You're not, but you will be?"

Writing this has made me realize there's even a connection between the two songs. While it makes me incredibly sad that Steve won't be "by my side when I'm writing the last page", Richie sings of a "guide...that helps you pass from world to world". Since Steve has always been the wind beneath my wings, it wouldn't surprise me at all if he's my Guide when the time comes.