Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

Do you think Richie being gone has had an effect on the setlist?

General BJ Discussion

Old 04-30-2022, 12:10 PM
Posting Always

Send a message via MSN to Nige

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.J. Always View Post
I guess I should know what IBTFY is, but I don't! Bobby obviously didn't impress me being with BJ, but then again I don't like Shanks playing with them either. I guess I'm just hard to please?
IBTFY = I'll Be There For You

Old 04-30-2022, 12:51 PM
Price of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.J. Always View Post
I guess I should know what IBTFY is, but I don't! Bobby obviously didn't impress me being with BJ, but then again I don't like Shanks playing with them either. I guess I'm just hard to please?
I think most of us would agree that they would go back to being a 5 band. Jon, David, Tico, Hugh and... the guitarist who defected.

A return to that would be very interesting. And if Jon looks at it from the point of view of money, it would be cheaper than paying so many musicians on stage like now, which is of little use, because they have to use samples anyway.
Old 04-30-2022, 01:12 PM
Posting everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi View Post
I think most of us would agree that they would go back to being a 5 band. Jon, David, Tico, Hugh and... the guitarist who defected.

A return to that would be very interesting. And if Jon looks at it from the point of view of money, it would be cheaper than paying so many musicians on stage like now, which is of little use, because they have to use samples anyway.
I have a feeling that Richie earned more on tour than Phil and Shanks together
Old 04-30-2022, 01:30 PM
Next 100 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovi90 View Post
I have a feeling that Richie earned more on tour than Phil and Shanks together
* Phil and Shanks salary combined multiplied by at least 10 (probably way more)

Personally I think that Phil gets basically nothing compared to Richie. More like 1/100 of Richies salary

Last edited by richiefan95; 04-30-2022 at 01:41 PM..
Old 04-30-2022, 01:51 PM
Posting Always

Send a message via MSN to Nige

Quote:
Originally Posted by richiefan95 View Post
* Phil and Shanks salary combined multiplied by at least 10 (probably way more)

Personally I think that Phil gets basically nothing compared to Richie. More like 1/100 of Richies salary
Wasn't it confirmed that Richie was on $250,000 per show? I can honestly imagine Phil being on $2,500 so that would make sense. Shanks probably on a little bit more as he's more established in the industry.
Old 04-30-2022, 02:00 PM
Posting everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nige View Post
Wasn't it confirmed that Richie was on $250,000 per show? I can honestly imagine Phil being on $2,500 so that would make sense. Shanks probably on a little bit more as he's more established in the industry.
I think Shanks may earn overall more since he's the producer and hence gets a bigger paycheck on that side, but as an accomplished touring musician, I see Phil being higher on the list (and he's still in the lead guitarist role). The one earning the least in these shows probably is Everett.
Old 04-30-2022, 02:50 PM
Price of posting

Well, a come back with Richie could attract many fans and casual people, besides, Richie has been away from Bon Jovi for 10 years, so in the new contract a different sum of money could be agreed.

I think that if this happened, they could tour with limited shows, like the Guns N Roses comeback did, and if it works, then they could increase the dates.

But all this would be more a wish of a fan than reality. And that's sad, since Axl and Slash, who've hated each other for decades, are now together and selling out all the shows... and Jon and Richie, who were good friends and partners for 30 years, now there's no real chance of they getting back together. Very sad.
Old 04-30-2022, 05:16 PM
Jovi Freak

No way would Richie make more money today than 10 years ago. BJ as a touring band simply don't make the same kind of money they used to make. Even the most casual mainstream publications have given JBJ shit for his vocals lately. And the people paying money for a JBJ postcard won't pay more if Richie is in the band!
Old 04-30-2022, 05:29 PM
Livin' on a Post

I bet Richie wanted to play some stuff that Jon didnt really think much about it but now we don't have Richie and we don't have a voice, so he has to choose between the hits or songs that half the crowd will know
Keep The Faith
Bounce
Lost Highway
This House Is Not For Sale
Crush
The Circle
Bon Jovi
7800º Fahrenheit
Have A Nice Day
Burning Bridges
What About Now
Old 04-30-2022, 05:55 PM
Price of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphavictim View Post
No way would Richie make more money today than 10 years ago. BJ as a touring band simply don't make the same kind of money they used to make. Even the most casual mainstream publications have given JBJ shit for his vocals lately. And the people paying money for a JBJ postcard won't pay more if Richie is in the band!
I don't know how many people would go to see them, but I can assure you that a good number of fans who aren't buying tickets to these shows right now, would go see them if Richie was there. I am one of those. Jon's voice is on its last legs, and I would never consider going to see them, but if they bring Richie into the equation, I wouldn't hesitate a second to get tickets, for multiple shows. It doesn't matter if they're a train wreck, they're bringing something back that I really want to see and make it happen.