Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

Innocence of Muslims (The film causing all the protests if anyone was unaware)

NBJ - Everything Else

Old 09-15-2012, 01:31 AM
These Days

Default Innocence of Muslims (The film causing all the protests if anyone was unaware)

It's worth a watch just to put the protests in some context. I'm not going to say anything about my personal opinion on the matter at this point apart from that this is the most shoddily put together production I have ever fuϲking seen.

Thoughts?
24.06.2011 - LCCC, MANCHESTER
25.06.2011 - HYDE PARK, LONDON
16.10.2012 - RICHIE - SHEPHERD'S BUSH, LONDON
0̶8̶.̶0̶6̶.̶2̶0̶1̶3̶ ̶-̶ ̶E̶T̶I̶H̶A̶D̶ ̶S̶T̶A̶D̶I̶U̶M̶,̶ ̶M̶A̶N̶C̶H̶E̶S̶T̶E̶R̶
05.07.2013 - HYDE PARK, LONDON

Old 09-15-2012, 02:38 PM
Wanted Dead or Alive

I'm muslim,and this is stupid and they ask why people protest?
Old 09-15-2012, 02:54 PM
Crush

Send a message via MSN to Jim Bon Jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by samboraisgodUK View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2E55rwmKSyg

It's worth a watch just to put the protests in some context. I'm not going to say anything about my personal opinion on the matter at this point apart from that this is the most shoddily put together production I have ever fuϲking seen.

Thoughts?
Whether the violence that has resulted is justified or not, you can't flagrantly denigrate someone else's core beliefs and not expect some sort of reaction.

If I'm not mistaken, I heard on the news that it was actually an Israeli who made it who just happens to live in the US.
Old 09-15-2012, 04:26 PM
Blaze of Posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokenrola View Post
I'm muslim,and this is stupid and they ask why people protest?
Honestly! What the hell is wrong with people? I haven't watched the clip, I have no idea what is in there. But even if it shows Mohammed having a threesome with Jesus and Mary Magdalene, it's still just a ****in' clip filmed by some lunatic in America. Who gives a SHIT?!? Let people believe in what they want and you believe in whatever the hell you want and live on with your life. I can't understand it, and again, it just fuels certain stereotypes which just shouldn't be.

No one murdered because of this image!
http://www.theonion.com/articles/no-...s-image,29553/

Quote:
Though some members of the Jewish, Christian, Hindu, and Buddhist faiths were reportedly offended by the image, sources confirmed that upon seeing it, they simply shook their heads, rolled their eyes, and continued on with their day
That's what should happen. Ignore them and things like this will go away. Protest and you will encourage nutters...but what can you do.

Edit: Yes yes, I know the Onion is just mockery, yet they have a point!

Last edited by DevilsSon; 09-15-2012 at 04:31 PM..
Old 09-17-2012, 12:14 AM
PLAY KING OF THE MOUNTAIN...
I Don't Want To Post Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsSon View Post
Honestly! What the hell is wrong with people? I haven't watched the clip, I have no idea what is in there. But even if it shows Mohammed having a threesome with Jesus and Mary Magdalene, it's still just a ****in' clip filmed by some lunatic in America. Who gives a SHIT?!? Let people believe in what they want and you believe in whatever the hell you want and live on with your life. I can't understand it, and again, it just fuels certain stereotypes which just shouldn't be.

No one murdered because of this image!
http://www.theonion.com/articles/no-...s-image,29553/

That's what should happen. Ignore them and things like this will go away. Protest and you will encourage nutters...but what can you do.

Edit: Yes yes, I know the Onion is just mockery, yet they have a point!

Problem is that none of those religions demand that you submit to them and let them rule every aspect of your life, ergo when someone says something nasty about said religion you get upset. It's all stupid. I'll tell you what's worse though; scientologists! I mean the creator of that particular religion basically said making up a religion would make him rich...and it did. Yet they ignore this fact? Madness.
Old 09-18-2012, 12:00 AM
Blaze of Posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongoose View Post
Problem is that none of those religions demand that you submit to them and let them rule every aspect of your life, ergo when someone says something nasty about said religion you get upset. It's all stupid. I'll tell you what's worse though; scientologists! I mean the creator of that particular religion basically said making up a religion would make him rich...and it did. Yet they ignore this fact? Madness.
Scientology is madness indeed. But that's the crazy lunatic Tom Cruise style madness. Not setting the British and German embassies on fire madness. Very different.
Old 09-18-2012, 12:12 AM

Just trying to sound balanced

By the way, I hear that Pakistan has banned youtube because of this? What century are we living in for Allahs sake??
Old 09-18-2012, 09:51 AM
The Distance

Send a message via ICQ to Iceman Send a message via MSN to Iceman

Yeah. This is so bad in every way I have a hard time understanding how anyone would take that seriously.

I think that that clip was just used as an excuse to start a riot. I don't believe that there was ever a chance the riots wouldn't have happened, they were just looking for an excuse.

Demanding that the US shut down the YouTube for this is ridiculous.

And again, you can't demand respect for your religion if you act like that. It's something that was done thousands of years ago, not in 2012.

Ice

Only dead fish go with the flow.
Old 09-18-2012, 12:19 PM
Dry County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
And again, you can't demand respect for your religion if you act like that. It's something that was done thousands of years ago, not in 2012.
That is the exact same thought as I was having. Sure it can be offended but there is difference between feeling offended and acting offended. We had a Dutch politician who made an anti-islam-movie and when it was finished everyone laughed about it because it was so poor. Now you see people burning flags, riotting and whatnot. Grow up. As Iceman said; You can't demand respect for your religion if you act like that. And that line is the conclusion of this entire subject.

I salute you,
TS
Old 09-18-2012, 07:23 PM

To be fair these people rioting have been indoctrinated since birth, it's only natural. It's no suprise that Islamic fundamentalism flourishes in places like Afghanistan where there's bugger all else to do and where blowing yourself up is seen as a great thing because from day one you've been told about virgins/raisins.

As for those that should know better, they most likely do but look at the riots in London last year; normal people get caught up in the swing of things, or some "normal" people are actually trouble makers underneath. Football for instance can turn a professional businessman into a gormless thug in a split second, it's a tribal/mob thing.