Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

JBJ playing Biden rally

Tour Discussion

Old 10-25-2020, 02:28 PM
Blame it on the love of posting

Default JBJ playing Biden rally

This is beyond sad. What a lame, poor performance.

Lisbon 2008; Lisbon 2011

Old 10-25-2020, 04:32 PM
Next 100 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheseDaysEra View Post
VIDEO: Jon Bon Jovi campaigns for Biden in Dallas, Penn. - YouTube

I can understand it being a poor performance because Jon technically is still recovering from hernia surgery. He can't push himself too much despite the performance being only acoustic but we all know how much concentration Jon needs to perform simple songs such as Who Says.

Jon is also performing in a drive-by rally meaning he's in a parking lot with not many folks so it must be awkward for Jon not to have a screaming crowd around him.
Old 10-27-2020, 08:18 PM
Dry County

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheseDaysEra View Post
VIDEO: Jon Bon Jovi campaigns for Biden in Dallas, Penn. - YouTube

Well, the 2019 concert versions were worse, way worse, you just had the band to back it up...
Old 11-03-2020, 02:27 AM
Dry County

Send a message via MSN to LeaJovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by musiccritic101 View Post
I can understand it being a poor performance because Jon technically is still recovering from hernia surgery. He can't push himself too much despite the performance being only acoustic but we all know how much concentration Jon needs to perform simple songs such as Who Says.

Jon is also performing in a drive-by rally meaning he's in a parking lot with not many folks so it must be awkward for Jon not to have a screaming crowd around him.
You guys do some amazing mental gymnastics.

Have any more excuses for him to use? He should hire some people of this board for PR.

Pathetic performance aside, It's deplorable how guys like JBJ take advantage of their public figure status to do politics. Just do a ****ing gig.

Last edited by LeaJovi; 11-03-2020 at 02:32 AM..
Old 11-03-2020, 04:49 PM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaJovi View Post
You guys do some amazing mental gymnastics.

Have any more excuses for him to use? He should hire some people of this board for PR.

Pathetic performance aside, It's deplorable how guys like JBJ take advantage of their public figure status to do politics. Just do a ****ing gig.
While I agree on your assessment of the performance itself and the excuses that some people like to make when their beloved Jon sounds like shit, your logic on his intentions and the effects is backwards. He's not taking advantage, he's sacrificing his public status, by doing this. He and his wallet would benefit a lot more from NOT doing gigs like these. There is a good percentage of people who will not buy his records / tickets, because of how expressive his views. On the other hand, there isn't a single person who's a democrat supporter that would buy his stuff only because their views align with his.
Old 11-04-2020, 09:25 AM
Dry County

I'm f*cking baffled about the way so many people in the US seem to disrespect others if they don't support their preferred political group. Who the hell cares about Jon's views? He's a human with the freedom to express his opinions like any other. Also, at least here in Finland, as well as dozens of other countries, people literally don't give a shit about others' political preferences.

Last edited by BJFan99; 11-04-2020 at 09:49 AM..
Old 11-04-2020, 02:12 PM
Dry County

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJFan99 View Post
I'm f*cking baffled about the way so many people in the US seem to disrespect others if they don't support their preferred political group. Who the hell cares about Jon's views? He's a human with the freedom to express his opinions like any other. Also, at least here in Finland, as well as dozens of other countries, people literally don't give a shit about others' political preferences.
Well, in Finland probably most politicians aren't straight out liars and criminals... But I get what you mean, it tends to be a black and white thing in the US (at least as we view it from the outside), where it's more of a gray thing in the rest of the world (at least in the democracies). Except perhaps the radical parties like the AfD in Germany, which is intolerable as well...
Old 11-05-2020, 11:06 AM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by jovifan93 View Post
Well, in Finland probably most politicians aren't straight out liars and criminals... But I get what you mean, it tends to be a black and white thing in the US (at least as we view it from the outside), where it's more of a gray thing in the rest of the world (at least in the democracies). Except perhaps the radical parties like the AfD in Germany, which is intolerable as well...
I don't think it's about liars vs. honest politicians. Every true democracy has a variety of both.

That's the big drawback of a two-party system. Things will always be view as black and white and people will see it as a sport (us vs. them) mentality. It's a shame because it leads to general public being more and more divided, rather than working to find consensuses.

I see multi-party system is much better, because it allows people to actually think form their own opinions on multiple dimensions and find a party/politician whose views are the closest to theirs, rather than simply being a "liberal" or a "conservative" and taking the corresponding party's stance on every issue.
Old 11-05-2020, 02:23 PM
Dry County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walleris View Post
I don't think it's about liars vs. honest politicians. Every true democracy has a variety of both.

That's the big drawback of a two-party system. Things will always be view as black and white and people will see it as a sport (us vs. them) mentality. It's a shame because it leads to general public being more and more divided, rather than working to find consensuses.

I see multi-party system is much better, because it allows people to actually think form their own opinions on multiple dimensions and find a party/politician whose views are the closest to theirs, rather than simply being a "liberal" or a "conservative" and taking the corresponding party's stance on every issue.
Well said!