Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

Who is buying the new Britney Spears album?

Other Bands

Old 12-08-2008, 02:09 PM
Just posting

Default Who is buying the new Britney Spears album?

It's going to sell over 450,000 copies in it's first week. I don't get it. She goes on tour and doesn't sing one single word live, yet millions of people still buy her "music".

Old 12-08-2008, 02:30 PM
Born to be my Baby

I'm with you my man.

I hate the fact that she still hasn't changed and still has other ppl write her disposable crap-pop. All while other, talented female songwriters are being snubbed because they refuse to show boobage.

Pop music hates us all!

My Bon Jovi Album Ranking: These Days, SWW, KTF, Jersey, Crush, 7800F, Bridges, HAND, Bon Jovi, Bounce, WAN, Circle, THINFS, LH, 2020;

Last edited by Myguitar; 12-08-2008 at 05:09 PM..
Old 12-08-2008, 02:53 PM
Wanted Dead or Alive

I didn't buy the new album but I have got a copy. I bought tickets to see the tour when it comes to london though. I'm not going to see her sing live, I'm going because I want to see the show and the spectacle.

Personally I don't think it's crap-pop. I think Britney has released some awesome pop songs. It doesn't bother me that she doesn't write them. The people that do write and produce the records do an excellent job, IMO.

btw: myguitar, I ****ing love the word 'boobage' and will try and fit it into as many conversations as possible this week!
Old 12-08-2008, 03:56 PM
Just posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
It doesn't bother me that she doesn't write them.
Does it bother you that she doesn't bother singing them?
Old 12-08-2008, 04:26 PM
Wanted Dead or Alive

To be honest, no, not really.

I can see why people think it's false and fake and insubstantial and disposable, but I actually quite like from time to time, to frolic in those superficial shallow waves and amongst all that glitter and gloss.
Old 12-08-2008, 04:51 PM
Dry County

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
I can see why people think it's false and fake and insubstantial and disposable
It has absolutely nothing to do with 'thinking'. She proves it herself every night she gives a concert. Then it becomes 'knowing'

People are living her. She is just another barbie that will be remembered in a few years as the fallen idol that rised as fast as it fell down.

I salute you,
Thunderstrucker
Old 12-08-2008, 05:25 PM
Just posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderstrucker View Post
It has absolutely nothing to do with 'thinking'. She proves it herself every night she gives a concert. Then it becomes 'knowing'

People are living her. She is just another barbie that will be remembered in a few years as the fallen idol that rised as fast as it fell down.

I salute you,
Thunderstrucker
In her defense, she's managed to stay in the public eye and be successfull longer than I would have guessed. Of course, it has nothing to do with her so-called music.
Old 12-08-2008, 06:00 PM
Wanted Dead or Alive

thunderstrcker - I guess I just see being a popstar as a very different thing from being a musician or singer/songwriter - like a different category with a different set of skills (I'm setting someone up to retort something about 'yeah - no skills' hereI can tell). And IMO both kinds of acts have their place, and I think Britney's quite good at being a popstar.

I'd also argue that her longevity *does* have something to do with the music - if 'toxic' hadn't been such a well-produced catchy pop song then I don't think she would have lasted so long.

I guess to me it's all like comparing apples and oranges or whatever the phrase is. I wouldn't listen to Britney for her vocals and I don't go to Bon Jovi conerts for Jon's dancing!
Old 12-08-2008, 06:09 PM
Blaze of Posting

Send a message via MSN to jade4jovi

I don't buy her albums (anymore...I have like her first 2) but as much as people want to hate on her, she still has some damn catchy songs! Gimmie More is a tune! Yeah, more than likely none written by her and I think she's a better dancer than singer. But still, she's managed to stay where she is for all this time, and even after her breakdown because of the world being in her face 24-7 since she was like 17 and her break-up with Justin and that other scumbag. I give her kudos for that and found more respect for her because she suddenly now seems human and not some perfect little...whatever. Oh and Everytime is the best song she's ever "done", I have that one and I actually love it. It's a really good song. In general her music isn't my thing, but she has great songs for people who like that kind of music. And no, most of them don't care if she mimes and doesn't write her songs. I can't say I'm losing sleep over it either...

I say leave Britney alone! But I doubt I'll be buying the album...
Old 12-08-2008, 06:22 PM
Jovi Freak

I don't like her "music" and I won't buy her album nor would I pay to see her lip sync live; however, I want her to do well because of her personal reasons. She really was ****ed up for a few years and it's been rumored that she is bipolar. While she was battling this mental problem (whatever it truly has been diagnosed as) she had to deal with an extreme amount of shit. People were writting horrible things about her (the way she looked at the VMAs in 2007), bad people who tried to take advantage of her (Sam Lufti), the enormous amounts of pap that follow her, a mother that's always tried to gain her own fame through Britney and such, I think it would be nice to see her do well.

Tags
britney spears, circus (album)