Slippery When Wet

Send a message via MSN to UKjovi
Default Halloween 9 to be made!!

June 4, 2006

DIMENSION FILMS TO MAKE NEW “HALLOWEEN” FILM;
AUTEUR FILMMAKER ROB ZOMBIE TO WRITE AND DIRECT

Trancas International Films to Produce
Along With Rob Zombie and Andy Gould

NEW YORK, NEW YORK (June 4, 2006) – Dimension Films is proud to announce that they will make a new “Halloween” movie with Rob Zombie (The Devil's Rejects, House of 1000 Corpses) writing, directing and serving as a producer. Malek Akkad of Trancas International Films (Halloween H20: 20 Years Later) will produce the feature along with Andy Gould of Vision Entertainment Group (The Devil's Rejects, House of 1000 Corpses). Zombie will also serve as music supervisor on the film. Miramax Films will co-finance the development with Dimension Films. The announcement was made today by The Weinstein Company co-chairman, Bob Weinstein.

Zombie's vision of this film is an entirely new take on the legend and will satisfy fans of the classic "Halloween" legacy while beginning a new chapter in the Michael Myers saga. This new movie will not only appeal to horror fans, but to a wider movie-going audience as well. It will not be a copycat of any prior films in the "Halloween" franchise. The film is set for an October 2007 theatrical release.

Bob Weinstein stated, "Rob Zombie is a gifted musician and performer as well as a talented filmmaker. His vision for this new 'Halloween' is spectacular and I am thrilled to be collaborating with him and to work closely with Malek Akkad to continue the legacy built by his father, the late Moustapha Akkad."

Zombie said, "I have been a huge, huge fan of John Carpenter's original film since its release. So when Bob Weinstein approached me about this, I jumped at the chance to join forces with Dimension Films on this amazing project."

The "Halloween" story began with the 1978 release of "John Carpenter's Halloween," executive produced by the late Moustapha Akkad, founder of Trancas International Films and became the highest grossing independent film of the time. Moustapha Akkad's son, Malek, is now taking some of the reigns on this new "Halloween" project to continue the outstanding work begun by his father. Malek Akkad stated, "Trancas is very excited to be working with Rob Zombie and producing another 'Halloween' with Bob Weinstein and Dimension, the home of the franchise for the last three installments. It will be a fitting and worthy tribute to my late father."

"I am thrilled to be working again with Rob and with Dimension Films on such an iconic project that will reinvigorate 'Halloween' and Michael Myers in a truly terrifying new way," stated Andy Gould, Rob Zombie's long time manager and producer of Zombie's two previous films.

Richard Saperstein, president of production, Matthew Stein, senior vice president of production and Alex Franklin, director of development and production will oversee the project on behalf of Dimension. Bret McCartney of Trancas International will oversee production on behalf of Trancas.

Andrew Kramer, executive vice president of business and legal affairs, and Lumumba Mosquera, senior vice president of business and legal affairs, negotiated on behalf of Dimension Films. Attorneys David Fox and Jeffrey Light of Myman Abell Fineman Greenspan & Light negotiated on behalf of Rob Zombie. Attorney Wayne Kazan of Weissmann Wolff Bergman Coleman & Silverman negotiated on behalf of Akkad. Rob Zombie is represented by Paradigm.

ABOUT ROB ZOMBIE

An auteur filmmaker and music artist with shrewd insight and creative vision, Rob Zombie challenges audiences as he stretches the boundaries of film, music and publishing.

Zombie is the longest active artist on Geffen Records and has sold in excess of fifteen million records. He is currently on a sold-out nationwide tour for his latest gold-selling album, "Educated Horses." which debuted at number five on the Billboard Top 200.

In 2000, Zombie jumped from music to film with his directorial debut and cult smash hit, "House of 1000 Corpses." Due to the film success Zombie returned in 2004 to helm its follow up the critically acclaimed, "The Devil's Rejects." Zombie was hailed by critics and fans alike as a visionary filmmaker due to the film's uncompromising and wildly inventive exploitive throw-back style.

Prior to "House of 1000 Corpses," Zombie directed dozens of high profile music videos. In 1995 Zombie won an MTV Music Video Award for "More Human Than Human," becoming the first self-directed artist to win such an award.

After the success of "The Devil's Rejects," Zombie entered the world of animation with "The Haunted World of El Superbeasto" a feature length film in production at IDT.

ABOUT MALEK AKKAD

Malek Akkad is a twenty-year veteran of the entertainment industry. Under his guidance, Trancas International Films, has evolved into a diverse entertainment company, involved in production, distribution, management, music publishing and merchandising.

Akkad has produced the last three installments of the successful “Halloween” franchise, distributed by Dimension films, and is currently producing “Halloween 9.” Some other producing credits include “Walking After Midnight,” “The Psychic Murders,” the recently completed, “Made In Brooklyn,” and the documentary, “Halloween: 25 Years of Terror.”

As a director, Akkad has numerous commercials and music videos to his credit, including clients such as Coke Cola, and artists like Lo-Ball, Simon Shaheen & Kazem. He also directed the feature film, “The Psychic Murders,” starring James Russo, Henry Rollins, and Terry Farrell. He is currently developing “The Princess of Alhambra,” a sweeping historical epic set in medieval Spain, based on a script by Oscar winning screenwriter, Robert Bolt.

Akkad’s company, Trancas, also manages a vibrant film library, including titles such as “Halloween,” “Halloween 4,” “Halloween 5,” “Hell Night,” and “Lion of the Desert.” It also runs a merchandising department, and the music publishing company, Jack-O-Lantern Music. Trancas has recently opened television and management divisions, with several projects in development, and a roster of recognizable talent.

Tring Entertainments is Akkad’s overseas affiliate, handling Trancas’ library internationally, with offices in Twickenham Film Studios, home to such legendary productions such as “Reds,” “Ghandi,” “Blade Runner,” “Donnie Brasco,” “Interview with a Vampire” and Superman II & III, to name a few.

Akkad’s newly formed Paranormal Pictures, in association with Jon Sheinberg’s The Machine, has recently completed production of the mob comedy, “Made In Brooklyn.” The company has also produced the upcoming release from Anchor Bay Entertainment, “Halloween: 25 Years of Terror.”

This sounds brillient!!

Old 06-06-2006, 09:07 PM
Livin' on a Post

They just cannot kill Michael Myers can they?? Rob Zombie should bring some style and originality to the franchise - Devils Rejects was much better than 1000 Corpses - obviously an improvement for him as a filmmaker -expect a gorefest.
Old 06-06-2006, 09:52 PM
Cut myself on angel hair
Slippery When Wet

I'm really hoping that Rod does get rid of MM and go for a Halloween 3 type of film otherwise it will be really stupid .
Old 06-11-2006, 05:55 AM
Breakout

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKjovi
I'm really hoping that Rod does get rid of MM and go for a Halloween 3 type of film otherwise it will be really stupid .
Oh but ya know that they'll never get rid of Michael Myers.. he never dies does he? lol Dr Loomis was great also, too bad they had his character die but because Donald Pleasance died what else were they gonna do I thought he was great as his doctor.
Old 06-11-2006, 08:39 AM
Cut myself on angel hair
Slippery When Wet

Theres no way the could replace Donald ,but i do hope they dont lose MM .
Old 06-15-2006, 12:24 PM
Cut myself on angel hair
Slippery When Wet

Old 06-18-2006, 10:50 AM
Cut myself on angel hair
Slippery When Wet

From the official site :-

E X C L U S I V E
JUNE 16, 2006
We begin our coverage of the next HALLOWEEN film with a short interview with writer/director Rob Zombie. Thanks to all the fans that submitted a question to Rob... we received over 2000!

QUESTION: Why do you feel that you are the person to take on this project? (from Anna in Florida)
RZ: Because I have a vision that I believe can work. If I didn't I would go near it.

QUESTION: Can you please clarify what you mean when you say you are "not making a sequel" and that your Halloween will be a "re-imagining" of the series? Isn't that just another word for "remake"? (from Cole in Chicago)
RZ: Well, sort of. I am basically making a prequel and a semi-remake of the first film all in one. So really in theory there will be more original content than remake content. That's why I don't like the word "remake."

QUESTION: What is the title of the next movie, and are you finished with the script yet? What can you reveal about the storyline of the new movie? (from Eric in Canada)
RZ: HALLOWEEN, no and not much.

QUESTION: For the next film, are you planning to maybe go into what Michael's childhood was like and how and why he became the serial killer he is? Is it at least going to take place in 1978? (from Sylvain)
RZ: Yes, I think this aspect of the story is very important in order to bring new life to the character of Michael Myers. The film begins in 1978.

QUESTION: Halloween is the most influential horror movie ever made and I for one am not happy about a remake. All of the remakes to hit theaters - from Texas Chainsaw to The Omen - were total crap. Why touch a classic like Halloween? Why would you even risk this? (from Mike in New York)
RZ: Like I said in Question 1, I wouldn't even go near this project if I didn't feel like a had a fresh, worthwhile approach to the material. Besides, I'm not touching one single frame of Carpenter's classic. That film will remain as it always has.

QUESTION: The masks in the past 4 Halloween films were all different, and some of them weren't scary. Are you going to re-design the mask, or will you stick to the Captain Kirk version that was used in the original film? (from Todd)
RZ: I want to keep the mask classic.

QUESTION: Are you you planning on using any previous characters from the first 8 films (like Laurie Strode and Dr. Loomis) or are you planning something entirely new with no old characters? (from Jamie in Scotland)
RZ: Both, but I won't tell you which just yet.

QUESTION: Since you are a musician, will you be doing the entire music score for the film, or will you be collaborating with anyone else? And will you integrate any of John Carpenter's classic themes into the score? (from Craig)
RZ: I do not plan on doing the score for this film myself other than in a supervisor position. I have already done some work with the composer and we both feel that Carpenter's themes are classic and will play an important role.

QUESTION: Your films are known for their gore, but the Halloween films haven't been very gory, they have been more suspensful. Do you plan to focus on gore or suspense in your version of Halloween? (from Paula)
RZ: I plan to focus on character, mood and terror.

QUESTION: How does John Carpenter feel about your involvement in the new Halloween? (from Zack in Georgia)
RZ: I talked to John about it and he was vey supportive. He basically said, "That's great Rob, go for it and make it your own." What more do I need?

Sounds really good to me
Old 06-18-2006, 08:22 PM
Livin' on a Post

Cool poster...interesting responses from Zombie too. Its gonna be fun to see how this film develops...It could be a huge hit or a Direct to Video stinker. I still think it will be a gore fest though...thats the Zombie way.
Old 06-19-2006, 04:28 AM
It's my post

Send a message via MSN to Shaun

cool. as long as it doesnt turn into a cheesy gore fest im all for it.
Old 06-19-2006, 08:53 AM
Cut myself on angel hair
Slippery When Wet

I'm really hoping it doesnt turn into just a gore movie but from his answer he said he wants more of a mood film so fingers crossed .