Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

Why does Jon still tour ?

Tour Discussion

Old 05-28-2019, 10:48 PM
Dry County

Default Why does Jon still tour ?

Option 1 - He loves it: not the case here. HeÂ’s said on multiple occasions that he doesnÂ’t like touring very much. On top of that, itÂ’s very clear that he doesnÂ’t feel comfortable on stage anymore, due to the state of his voice.

Option 2 - He loves money so much: heÂ’s a multimillionaire. When is it enough ? I mean, how much do you have to love money in order to force yourself to do something you donÂ’t like to night in and night out , when you donÂ’t need to ? Again, he canÂ’t sing anymore and he knows it, yet he still showcases his weakness in front of thousands of people. For what ?

Option 3 - He has a big ego: honestly, this is the one I lean towards more. HeÂ’s always talking about number one albums and songs and of greatness, yet we all know the facts. Another example is the talk about not being a nostalgia act and still be relevant: only a big inflated ego could make him truly believe that they are not a nostalgia act and are still relevant. So maybe he was to keep going and talk about being big when people say he canÂ’t ? For me, thatÂ’s the case, maybe combined with the fact the he also loves money.

What do you think ?

Cheers

Eduardo

Old 05-28-2019, 10:56 PM
Posting everyday

Option 4: Dorothea wants him out of the house for at least two is three months a year because he's getting on his family's nerves and he has nowhere else to go.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk
Old 05-28-2019, 11:04 PM
Dry County

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovi90 View Post
Option 4: Dorothea wants him out of the house for at least two is three months a year because he's getting on his family's nerves and he has nowhere else to go.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk
Maybe this !!
Old 05-28-2019, 11:04 PM
Lay your Posts on Me

I think there's a difference between not liking touring and not liking performing. I'd be surprised if there's many that like being on the road.
Old 05-29-2019, 12:51 AM
Something for the Posts

Because what's left of the Bon Jovi fan base is large enough, old enough, rich enough and loyal enough to buy ANYTHING he feels like selling them.

Remember how we used to talk about busting out? We'd break their hearts together...forever...

You and me and our old friends / hoping it would never end / holding on to never say goodbye...

Last edited by rocknation; 08-27-2019 at 06:06 AM..
Old 05-29-2019, 04:01 AM
These Days

Jon's a workaholic; but I think it's more than that. He could obviously do any number of things if simply staying busy was the only issue. But this is what he knows. He's always said there was no Plan B; and I honestly think he doesn't know what to do with himself if he isn't writing, recording, promoting, and touring. I've heard him say, several times, as various tours were close to wrapping up, that he's not going to get right back into another cycle because they all need a nice, long break. He comes home, takes a month off (if that) then it seems like he starts feeling antsy, bored, depressed, aimless ... whatever. So he starts writing - and the whole process starts again.

I agree that when he says he dislikes touring, he's probably referring to the travel part more than the performing; but I also think there's a familiarity and routine to the cycle, including the travel, that feels natural because he's lived that way for so long. I'm sure he gets tired of the whole thing, at times, but I believe he's still probably more comfortable with that than he is with being off the road and at loose ends.
Old 05-29-2019, 08:50 AM
Blame it on the love of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieBlue View Post
Jon's a workaholic; but I think it's more than that. He could obviously do any number of things if simply staying busy was the only issue. But this is what he knows. He's always said there was no Plan B; and I honestly think he doesn't know what to do with himself if he isn't writing, recording, promoting, and touring. I've heard him say, several times, as various tours were close to wrapping up, that he's not going to get right back into another cycle because they all need a nice, long break. He comes home, takes a month off (if that) then it seems like he starts feeling antsy, bored, depressed, aimless ... whatever. So he starts writing - and the whole process starts again.

I agree that when he says he dislikes touring, he's probably referring to the travel part more than the performing; but I also think there's a familiarity and routine to the cycle, including the travel, that feels natural because he's lived that way for so long. I'm sure he gets tired of the whole thing, at times, but I believe he's still probably more comfortable with that than he is with being off the road and at loose ends.
He's a little runawaaaay... well, he once said his Valentine's present for his wife was to leave them and go on the road so maybe he's a pain in the neck at home and Dot & Co. are actually relieved when he leaves lol he also said it was Dot who basically raised their children and that she could live in a hut, this is how much she cares about luxury. It's JON'S need to be out there, loved, adored, lusted after. He needs attention, adrenaline and adulation *hello alliteration* more than financial success, although he did say that money is the only thing he loves more than his wife AND I do believe he constantly has something to prove despite all the fame and success but I believe it's something he feels subjectively, this is what drives him to write more and to do more again and again. Doubt it's passion for music anymore. He almost gave it up for a football team!
Old 05-29-2019, 02:52 PM
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Supersonic

Aloha !

I really think it's because all his other ventures have failed. His movie career has failed. He then bought a football team which ceased to exist after the league suspended operations. His wine venture has failed. His clothing brand has failed. The Philadelphia Soul organisation, although admirable, is nowhere as big as he'd want it to be and it's not something which could replace his day job either. His attempt at buying the Buffalo Bills failed and backfired by killing the band as well. But most importantly though, despite the number 1 records and number 1 tours, his recording career has failed the last 10 years as well.

I think he's touring because it's all there's left, really. I'm sure there's plenty for him to do but Jon Bon Jovi is a guy motivated by succes as success means money and adoration. He's not motivated by passion and it kind of shows during every single show. His heart's just no longer in it or he just wouldn't take this show on the road. He knows this band sounds nothing what he'd like it to sound like but I reckon he's made peace with it by now. What else is he to do?

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
Old 05-29-2019, 03:51 PM
Lay your Posts on Me

Keep in mind that he will finish this tour and he will go back on the road in early February (apart from the SA Leg) most likely promoting the new album. He chose to tour Europe now instead next summer for their new album cause he wanted to avoid Springsteen being around at that time most likely imo. (And maybe other major acts).
Old 06-09-2019, 04:03 AM
Blame it on the love of posting

well, as a musician (and sometimes sound engineer too) who's on the road a lot, I can tell you that being on the road itself is addictive. I like hotels, I like the trips, I like being on a different city every night.
I can see why Jon likes being on the road but then again, I haven't done it for almost 40 years as he has !

Nothing wrong with him making music in a very controlled environment like a recording studio where he can recorded phrase by phrase and catch his breath but he should definitely consider quitting playing live. He's an embarrassment to himself and to others. I'd feel like I was ripping people off if I were to play for 80.000 fans every night while sounding like an asthmatic dog. This is no longer about Richie or Phil X or whatever. It really is about the main pivotal center of the gig, the singer and right now, he's dreadful to listen to.

Please, for the sake of the legacy, quit your day job Jon. Focus on the rosé or whatever.

Lisbon 2008; Lisbon 2011