Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

Hammersmith Odeon Sets

General BJ Discussion

Old 03-05-2015, 07:30 PM
Jovi FANatic

Default Hammersmith Odeon Sets

Hi guys,a pro video from that show is the hollygrail for me like for many others fans i imagine. the show was probably pro shot in its entirety but only audio surfaced. my question is this...the hammersmith show we all talk about was the first from a series of shows there, there were 5 or 6 if i remember correctly. does anyone know the setlists of the other nights? i d really like to know if they were standard sets or there were also surprises

Old 03-05-2015, 09:31 PM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikos greece View Post
Hi guys,a pro video from that show is the hollygrail for me like for many others fans i imagine. the show was probably pro shot in its entirety but only audio surfaced. my question is this...the hammersmith show we all talk about was the first from a series of shows there, there were 5 or 6 if i remember correctly. does anyone know the setlists of the other nights? i d really like to know if they were standard sets or there were also surprises
Great Topic!

I believe 7 shows all together and I would also love a set-list breakdown from each show. I'm not even sure if all shows were in the same format that was shown in AAA or if that was just a one off type show. I'm thinking it might have been a one off for some kind of promo. Or maybe a live album? I don't remember off hand. I'd have to go back and rewatch it.

That was when Jon and the band could deliver any song like no other. A big switch from today's KOS shows. To get those originals and covers in soundboard quality would be a dream come true for most fans. For me, it would even be bigger than a new album.

Luckily, we did get a lot of the audio in some sort of soundboard quality and the other half in a presentable bootleg quality. Unfortunately, the true gems are in bootleg quality. As new technology enhancements come about, I constantly tweak these songs to get them to a somewhat enjoyable listen. Nothing will ever be the same as having them in Soundboard though.

I don't know why the Bon Jovi camp just doesn't release it or leak it at this point. If the quality isn't there or they can't get the right licences legally, they should just throw it out there for us fans to enjoy on YouTube. By holding onto this shit for so long, it starts to loose its value. Look what happened to the Jersey demos. If they released that 10 years earlier, it would have been gigantic. With the internet leaks, fan enhancements, and loss of interest with new fan declines, these things continue to loose their lustful value. Trust me, I love the NJ demos but its like getting your favorite movie in BluRay. It's great the first few times you watch it but it's a movie you've seem a million times before. Anyway, sorry to drift off topic. It just frustrates me how the Bon Jovi camp holds on to all these treasures that us die-hards would love to get our hands on.

I just don't see the point of holing these treasures. No harm could come from putting it out there, even for free.
Old 03-05-2015, 10:12 PM
Keep the Faith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkopper View Post
I'm thinking it might have been a one off for some kind of promo. Or maybe a live album? I don't remember off hand. I'd have to go back and rewatch it.
That was a charity show for the Nordoff-Robbins-Foundation.
Old 03-05-2015, 10:24 PM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faceman View Post
That was a charity show for the Nordoff-Robbins-Foundation.
Ah yes! Good memory!
Old 03-06-2015, 12:31 AM
Livin' on a Post

Send a message via AIM to trevrox

I'm still trying to find this Hammersmith show that everyone always talks about! I got excited once when I found a download link to it only to find out the file was deleted.

I saw it being sold for $100 though... I didn't go for it.
Old 03-06-2015, 02:02 AM
Posting Always

Send a message via MSN to Nige

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikos greece View Post
I seem to recall the other shows were pretty standard NJ tour style setlists.
Old 03-06-2015, 02:44 AM
Jovi FANatic

there are you tube links for the audio bootleg...
i also dont get bjs policy. obviously the want to earn money and dont consider releasing sth that 1. wouldnt be profitable for them and 2. would show the band with big hair and ex members...
its sad though because back then they were incredible...and someone who has reached these highs how can settle for these days standards...
anyway...it probably is jons personal decision not to release anything that would remotely made them look like nostalgia...
also jon sometime is chep when it comes to releases,packages, booklets and dvds...for gods sake when you claim to be such a great live band(rightly so imo) release dvds and live cds that live up to that standard...
apart from the short live from london 95 no other release does them justice, msg is decent but they could release some decent bootlegs...
during the wan tour there were more broadcasts than usual to be honest, the band though was in too bad form and with richie missing and jons voice gone as well its almost painful to watch...
some years back there was a petition about that show to be released...if we decide to 1-2 gems that we d like to see and share it in fband twitter in waves i believe the msg would be received...
as a site we could organise a poll, vote and then share are chose shows or shows...it wont be that hard and if there is participation who knows...
Old 03-06-2015, 02:43 PM
Price of posting

I had this on audio cassette as they played in live on Radio 1. I was only 14 and couldnt get tickets. Had just seen them for the first time at Wembley a few weeks earlier.

The set started with just JBJ doing Going back.
Then just JBJ and Richie doing Shooting Star, Never Say Goodbye, Prayer and Dead or Alive - all acoustic.
The rest of the band joined them for Wild in The Streets, Seven Days, Keep Me hanging on and a few others that escape me.

Tape is long time lost!
Wembley Arena 90, Wembley Arena 93, MK Bowl 93, Wembley Stadium 95, MK Bowl 96, Wembley Stadium 00, MK Bowl 01, Hyde Park 03, MK Bowl 06, o2 07, Twickenham 08, o2 10 (x2), Hyde Park 13, London Palladium 16, Wembley 19
Follow me: @iam_emmo

Last edited by steel_horse75; 03-06-2015 at 03:34 PM..
Old 03-06-2015, 02:58 PM
The Distance

Wait! Are you saying that the ENTIRE show was played live on the radio?
Old 03-06-2015, 03:33 PM
Price of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkopper View Post
Wait! Are you saying that the ENTIRE show was played live on the radio?
First hour or so. It was a very long show.
Wembley Arena 90, Wembley Arena 93, MK Bowl 93, Wembley Stadium 95, MK Bowl 96, Wembley Stadium 00, MK Bowl 01, Hyde Park 03, MK Bowl 06, o2 07, Twickenham 08, o2 10 (x2), Hyde Park 13, London Palladium 16, Wembley 19
Follow me: @iam_emmo

Tags
hammersmith odeon 1990, setlist