Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

Bells Of Freedom and its religious message.

General BJ Discussion

Old 11-13-2007, 02:22 AM
Blame it on the love of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myguitar View Post
Yeah, let's see... I hate religious debate because no one can explain anything to anyone without the one person completely ignoring everything the other says. I'll bring up two things though...

Which God? Jews, Muslims and Christian's believe in the same God, the God of Abraham, as they all refer to Him. Some Christians (not all denominations) believe that Jesus is the Son of God. Trinity is still highly debated between all these Christian denominations but they agree that Jesus has God's authority and that the Earth was created through Jesus. Think of it this way, God gave Jesus the tools and he went and made a planet. Bible says it was done in seven days but the Bible also says that God is eternal and that he has no "concept of time", so to speak. So, to God, one day can be one day or a million or billion years. So seven days can equal seven billions years to God... Most Christians take this literally as seven days but many, including myself, don't. I believe Earth has always hosted life, hence Dinosaurs and stuff and then when it went dead, God created it into a place for his new species, humans. Either way, I could care less about the origins of Earth and creation, it doesn't change the fact that I have to pay my billes every other week. Jews don't believe in Jesus and Muslims accepted Him only as a prophet but not Son of God. Quran is basically made up of Biblical books with few added texts from Mohammed. You ask which God, there is only one and the problem with humans is that we can't ever agree on anything (hence LH vs. These Days) and our ancestors created religion to get people to believe what they want them to believe. Worshipping God is not "hard", there are no billion rules like some Churches want you to believe, it's just a matter of do you believe in Him or not, we were given a choice.... which brings me to the next point.

Why the suffering? Lucifer (Satan) was an angel who rebeled against God because he didn't understand why he had to serve and not be free to do what he wants. God created Earth as a result and threw the rebels down, then he created man and gave us a choice to prove Satan wrong and show him that nothing can be done without faith in God. We got the choice that Satan wasn't given. God told Adam and Eve to choose Him and live in paradise for all eternity.. or taste the fruit and take the matter into their own hands. So, Adam and Eve sinned and humanity chose it's own way over God's way. So, when someone asks why the suffering in the world, I say it's because we choose to run this world our own way and from the way the news headlines are looking these days, we are not suited to run this, or any world. We will never achieve world peace. We will never prosper. We will most likely self destruct. God told Adam that his job is to populate Earth and thrive... But the modern man's job is to opress every other human and milk them for all they've got. It's been that way since dawn of time and it will never change. Or it wouldn't change hadn't Christ said he'd be back to fix it. So who will you trust? I trust in Him to come back and fix it cause I know we never will... and I just love having hope that something better will come some sunny day. Otherwise, what's the point to living?

you ve pretty much summed up all i wanted to say but did nt have the patience to type it out.

great post mo chara!

Old 11-13-2007, 02:26 AM
Just posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tictoc View Post
"Otherwise, what's the point to living?"

Beer.
sex, drugs - god created them both, yet the latter is also not legal by the church.

also anyone who lives also destroys earth & life.

But nobody mind that, as long as they pray & go to church they/we can go on destroying
Old 11-13-2007, 02:31 AM
Blame it on the love of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheseDays2005 View Post
sex, drugs - god created them both, yet the latter is also not legal by the church.

errrrrrrr

i think you re confused.

like all positive things they can be abused.

how come when a man and woman get married they take a vow to proliferate?

so the church has outlawed intercourse?

news to me......have a drink!
Old 11-13-2007, 02:33 AM
Just posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambos apprentice View Post
errrrrrrr

i think you re confused.

like all positive things they can be abused.

how come when a man and woman get married they take a vow to proliferate?

so the church has outlawed intercourse?

news to me......have a drink!
aah so when you take your cocaine, and go to church and smoke joint and drink your mushroom tea there it don't mind. where was it created for then? to grow, be ugly and die?
Old 11-13-2007, 02:33 AM
Born to be my Baby

Quote:
That is in fact a fairy-tale. Nothing more, nothing less. A story once created by someone just has genius as Disney, Rowling, S King etc.
In FACT a fairy tale? Do you, science or anyone have any proof or otherwise? No, it's all a matter of faith. And I respect your opinion and your own faith (that there is no Jesus or God) but don't press your beliefs on me. I am a very educated and a scientifically informed individual but I still hold my own beliefs because I hope for something better because as it is right now, humanity is on the brink of extinction.

The details of creation, evolution and all that CRAP... they make no difference in mine, or anyone's life. Questions like "Where did we come from?", "Why are we here?" and such, are non-relevant questions and any and all individuals, archeologists and scientists investigating where we came from are wasting time and money and effort that could be used in trying to move us forward.

As I said, we all have a choice, a free will and you and I are both good examples of that.

My Bon Jovi Album Ranking: These Days, SWW, KTF, Jersey, Crush, 7800F, Bridges, HAND, Bon Jovi, Bounce, WAN, Circle, THINFS, LH, 2020;
Old 11-13-2007, 02:35 AM
Just posting

Quote:
In FACT a fairy tale? Do you, science or anyone have any proof or otherwise? No, it's all a matter of faith. And I respect your opinion and your own faith (that there is no Jesus or God) but don't press your beliefs on me. I am a very educated and a scientifically informed individual but I still hold my own beliefs because I hope for something better because as it is right now, humanity is on the brink of extinction.

The details of creation, evolution and all that CRAP... they make no difference in mine, or anyone's life. Questions like "Where did we come from?", "Why are we here?" and such, are non-relevant questions and any and all individuals, archeologists and scientists investigating where we came from are wasting time and money and effort that could be used in trying to move us forward.

As I said, we all have a choice, a free will and you and I are both good examples of that.
so first your talking about scientific proof about the non-excistince of god.
and then your talk about evolution and all that CRAP (= scientific proof & contradiction to excistence of god or at least his creations)

Your just proofed yourself the BS religion people tell themselve to believe in something that isnt real.

I have faith, I don't need a gossip for that.

If all we knew & proofed up to know was evolution and that story came up 20 years ago, it would have been bought by Disney for sure

Last edited by TheseDays2005; 11-13-2007 at 02:39 AM..
Old 11-13-2007, 02:39 AM
Born to be my Baby

Quote:
aah so when you take your cocaine, and go to church and smoke joint and drink your mushroom tea there it don't mind. where was it created for then? to grow, be ugly and die?
Say God created the Cocaine leaf, we figured how to turn that into an easily abused powder that ruins us, and then turned coke into crack, even worse... There are positive uses of all that stuff. I never smoked weed but I did take Marinol (weed pills) when i was in chemotherapy.

If the point to life is to do drugs and tripp all the time then what's gonna happen to our species? We're children of idiot baby-boomers, arguably the worst generation of people to ever live on earth, who also popularized recreational drug use.

As far as destorying the Earth, we all do it evenly so don't pit any of that on any people of faith...

My Bon Jovi Album Ranking: These Days, SWW, KTF, Jersey, Crush, 7800F, Bridges, HAND, Bon Jovi, Bounce, WAN, Circle, THINFS, LH, 2020;
Old 11-13-2007, 02:41 AM
Just posting

Quote:
Why the suffering? Lucifer (Satan) was an angel who rebeled against God because he didn't understand why he had to serve and not be free to do what he wants. God created Earth as a result and threw the rebels down, then he created man and gave us a choice to prove Satan wrong and show him that nothing can be done without faith in God. We got the choice that Satan wasn't given. God told Adam and Eve to choose Him and live in paradise for all eternity.. or taste the fruit and take the matter into their own hands. So, Adam and Eve sinned and humanity chose it's own way over God's way. So, when someone asks why the suffering in the world, I say it's because we choose to run this world our own way and from the way the news headlines are looking these days, we are not suited to run this, or any world. We will never achieve world peace. We will never prosper. We will most likely self destruct. God told Adam that his job is to populate Earth and thrive... But the modern man's job is to opress every other human and milk them for all they've got. It's been that way since dawn of time and it will never change. Or it wouldn't change hadn't Christ said he'd be back to fix it. So who will you trust? I trust in Him to come back and fix it cause I know we never will... and I just love having hope that something better will come some sunny day. Otherwise, what's the point to living?

So you actually pray and believe in the fellow that lets a child die every 5 seconds of poverty because so-called Adam & Eve made the wrong choice.
You should be so proud of yourself.
Old 11-13-2007, 02:46 AM
Born to be my Baby

Quote:
so first your talking about scientific proof about the non-excistince of god.
and then your talk about evolution and all that CRAP (= scientific proof & contradiction to excistence of god or at least his creations)
Your just proofed yourself the BS religion people tell themselve to believe in something that isnt real.
I'm thinking you misunderstood something here... What I'm saying is, people argue about how we became and all that CRAP but all that stuff doesn't matter to me personally because it doesn't make a difference in my life. I don't give a crap if God created me in a snap of a finger or if he evolved my a$$ from a worm.

Evolution (or the Theory of) doesn't at all disprove God. Bible supports evolution of man, saying we will be more aware and more knowledgable as time goes on.

Old 11-13-2007, 02:51 AM
Born to be my Baby

Quote:
So you actually pray and believe in the fellow that lets a child die every 5 seconds of poverty because so-called Adam & Eve made the wrong choice.
You should be so proud of yourself.
I don't pray for that. When it does happen, why do you think it's God's fault? Is maybe the government of that kid's counrty responsible?

Wait, you don't believe in God but you still blame him for this, human-caused stuff? Besides, there are people, mostly western Christians putting their lives on the line and going to these countries bringing food and medicine. So is being a Christian really that bad?
Have you ever donated money to feed anyone poor?

Tags
bells of freedom, have a nice day