Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

Official Concert Footage

General BJ Discussion

Old 11-16-2012, 06:57 PM
Next 100 Posts

Default Official Concert Footage

I was watching a Youtube video earlier, which dates from the Have A Nice Day Tour, and realized just how incredibly well the video's live footage was recorded.

Here is a link to the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=S9TVwHubEUo

In my opinion, the band's officially recorded video footage tends to be static and stale. I'm not a fan of Jon's brother's work whatsoever. It lacks energy and fails to transfer the live experience to the screen. However, this video goes on to show how much better these live videos would be if a different video crew was used.

Anyone else agree?

Old 11-16-2012, 08:10 PM
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Supersonic

Aloha !

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndiannaRose View Post

Anyone else agree?
Yes. The difference between the way Live From London was shot compared to MSG is telling that the BBC knew better how to shoot concert footage in 1995 than Jon's beloved brother does 10 years later. You never get sucked into the performances anymore due to poor camera work or editing.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
Old 11-16-2012, 08:23 PM
The Voice of Reason
Destination any Forum

Absolutely! The work his brother does is quite poor... unprofessional and thoughtless. There is no passion in the work. The only reason he has the job is by being family.

David Mallet (Live In London) is a genius. I have always loved his work. It's as if each shot was carefully chosen and sucks you in to the show. One of his more recent releases, AC/DC Live At River Plate Stadium, includes a documentary on the filming. You get some great insight into how David approaches his craft.
Old 11-16-2012, 08:53 PM
Keep the Faith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleeding Purist View Post
Absolutely! The work his brother does is quite poor... unprofessional and thoughtless. There is no passion in the work. The only reason he has the job is by being family.

David Mallet (Live In London) is a genius. I have always loved his work. It's as if each shot was carefully chosen and sucks you in to the show. One of his more recent releases, AC/DC Live At River Plate Stadium, includes a documentary on the filming. You get some great insight into how David approaches his craft.
Agreed. I saw some footage from the MSG performance on youtube which were much better than the official release. I watch those more, than I did the DVD.