Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

When that reunion tour eventually happens...

General BJ Discussion

Old 05-17-2014, 02:56 PM
Keep the Faith

Default When that reunion tour eventually happens...

Which songs are you desperate for? There's a few songs I still really want to see live in any form (as a youngster...):

Never Say Goodbye
Wild is the Wind
Just Older
Only Lonely
Everyday
I Believe
If I Was Your Mother
99 in The Shade

And, Linnea & Andi, obviously, King of the Mountain.

Milton Keynes 1 (HAND), Manchester & Bristol (LH), Dublin 2 (2011), Dublin 2 (THINFS)

Old 05-17-2014, 03:20 PM
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Supersonic

Aloha !

Reunion tours often mean classic hits orientated setlists, even more so than what they've been playing the last few years.

But during the last 3 tours I've heard most songs I've wanted to hear, and the songs that are left (most songs of the first 2 records excluding King of the ****ing Mountain) are songs Jon will never be able to do justice anymore anyway.

I'm now expecting a list of people's favourites, including some who've only seen the band 2 times and will request In These Arms or Capt. Crash, hence making it obvious that Bon Jovi can still get away with playing the big hits as there'll always be fans that have never heard said classic.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
Old 05-17-2014, 04:24 PM
Super Moderator
It's my post

I can't really complain about what I've missed- just Wild Is The Wind and Something To Believe In are the ones I seem to miss. I'd like a few more WAN tracks (really!) but they won't be played again.

I'd just want them to freshen it all up a bit and maybe play a lot of the singles, like the tracklist of that Russian GH that was on here, so songs like Say It Isn't So, Misunderstood etc.. that were singles but don't get the love nowadays. Could tie it in with a "Bon Jovi: The Singles" CD release too.
* Shepherds Bush 1998 (Richie) * Wembley Stadium 2000 * Milton Keynes 2001 * Wembley Arena 2002 * Hyde Park 2003 * Ricoh Arena 2006 * St Marys 2006 * Milton Keynes 2006 * O2 Arena 2007 * St Marys 2008 * Manchester 2008 * Ricoh Arena 2008 * Ashton Gate 2008 * Twickenham x2 2008 * O2 Arena x8 2010 * Hard Rock Calling 2011 * Shepherds Bush 2012 (Richie) *Etihad Manchester 2013 * Villa Park 2013 * Hyde Park 2013 *O2 Islington 2014 (Richie) *London Palladium 2016 * O2 Arena 2016 (RSO)

*Twitter * * YouTube*
Old 05-17-2014, 05:20 PM
Posting everyday

Shot Through The Heart
Never Say Goodbye
(It's Hard) Letting You Go

That are the only songs that are really left and where I think they (especially) Jon might still be able to do them justice. I've heard pretty much everything from half of These Days to long time favorites like Miss Fourth of July, Wild Is The Wind or even Heroes.

Sure there are the odd rare songs, but stuff like My Guitar Lies Bleeding In My Arms simply shouldn't be played anymore and songs like Love Lies (where the first part applies as well) is too unrealistic to be even considered.
Old 05-17-2014, 05:54 PM
The Distance

The only song I want to hear live is Edge. I think he could pull this one off.

I can't figure out Jon's voice at times. I'm starting to think that his singing is bad advice given to him by a vocal coach.

The way he sings now, preserves his voice better but he obviously sounds like shit. During 12-12-12 he sounded more raw and think he went back to his old technique and mixed it with the new

There is no way for him to hit the notes like he used to but I do think that he could sing much better if he really wanted to or make his tone better.
Old 05-17-2014, 07:11 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Ughhh if a tour with Richie means looking forward to hearing Just Older then that's it for me!
Old 05-17-2014, 07:12 PM
These Days

My list is super-long, but the one I NEED to hear is This Ain't A Love Song. Jon saw my banner on the last gig I went, but when he was reading them so the people could "vote" what to play, a stupid girl ripped my banner because she couldn't see. Totally hoping she dies.

(+ Santiago 09/24/2013 | Buenos Aires 09/26/2013 | Buenos Aires 09/16/2017)
These Days!

Old 05-18-2014, 12:33 AM
Jovi Freak

I don't get people's obsession with TAALS. It sound like ****ing Eros Ramazotti, especially the guitar work. I much prefer Bells Of Freedom.
Old 05-18-2014, 02:56 AM
Hardest Part is the Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezearis View Post
My list is super-long, but the one I NEED to hear is This Ain't A Love Song. Jon saw my banner on the last gig I went, but when he was reading them so the people could "vote" what to play, a stupid girl ripped my banner because she couldn't see. Totally hoping she dies.
That's the one I want too.
Old 05-18-2014, 04:06 AM
Lay your Posts on Me

I cant really complain either ..... Seen most of my fave rare ones over the years ....though wish i had of seen cadillac man and Army of one .... a reunion tour will suck cause will be greatest hits .