Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

Eddie Trunk latest Podcast.....

General BJ Discussion

Old 12-11-2014, 03:12 PM
Price of posting

Question Eddie Trunk latest Podcast.....

Anyone subscribe to his podcasts? They are really interesting. Had Snake Sabo the other week.

This weeks Pod cast is a Bob Rock special and he talks about working on SWW, NJ and KTF. Touring with Jovi and just how good they were on the KTF tour (his band rockhead supported them on the European leg - i saw them!)

Also talks about Metallica and Crue projects

He is currently working with Michael Bubble and worked with Black Veil Brides on the new album.

Good listen. I Recommend.
Wembley Arena 90, Wembley Arena 93, MK Bowl 93, Wembley Stadium 95, MK Bowl 96, Wembley Stadium 00, MK Bowl 01, Hyde Park 03, MK Bowl 06, o2 07, Twickenham 08, o2 10 (x2), Hyde Park 13, London Palladium 16, Wembley 19
Follow me: @iam_emmo

Old 12-11-2014, 03:37 PM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by steel_horse75 View Post
Anyone subscribe to his podcasts? They are really interesting. Had Snake Sabo the other week.

This weeks Pod cast is a Bob Rock special and he talks about working on SWW, NJ and KTF. Touring with Jovi and just how good they were on the KTF tour (his band rockhead supported them on the European leg - i saw them!)

Also talks about Metallica and Crue projects

He is currently working with Michael Bubble and worked with Black Veil Brides on the new album.

Good listen. I Recommend.
Link??????
Old 12-11-2014, 05:08 PM
Runaway

Really good podcast. Here you are http://podcastone.com/Eddie-Trunk-Podcast

Last edited by Toba; 12-11-2014 at 05:12 PM..
Old 12-11-2014, 09:08 PM
Jovi FANatic

nice listen...bob rock once again said that in sww they were a gang from ktf onwards different chemistry...
he toured with them in europe and saw them live every night, he specificaly said there was no better band back then live...
Old 12-11-2014, 11:31 PM
Blame it on the love of posting

jon should listen to this podcast
Old 12-15-2014, 12:35 PM
Blaze of Posting

Bob Rock: "When I saw them, there wasn't a better band on Earth. I swear to God, that tour I did with them, I went and saw them every night, and they were just like 'OH MY GOD! Just like in every way...from entertainment, to playing, to emotion...just everything, everything!"

Eddie Trunk is super annoying though. Shut the **** up dude, let your audience speak. I would have loved to hear Bob Rock speak a bit more about the record which he couldn't because of Trunk.

Also, interesting how Bob Rock had the choice between Stranger and the Black Album and it was a set of events that made him change his mind and actually do Metallica. He was going for Richie initially....amazing stuff!
Old 12-15-2014, 12:49 PM
Jovi FANatic

yes bob rock has mentioned tht a couple of times...that in a way it was destiny for him to produce black album...in a way i think bob rock doent really like bj...because sww and nj were mostly bruce fairbarn and ktf wasnt a huge success for this eras standards...he considered jon mostly a businessman than an artist, but even if i believe jon has made many mistakes he has matured nicely in comparison to the other band members he mentioned with the exception of hetfield who is supercool
Old 12-15-2014, 01:00 PM
Wanted Dead or Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikos greece View Post
yes bob rock has mentioned tht a couple of times...that in a way it was destiny for him to produce black album...in a way i think bob rock doent really like bj...because sww and nj were mostly bruce fairbarn and ktf wasnt a huge success for this eras standards...he considered jon mostly a businessman than an artist, but even if i believe jon has made many mistakes he has matured nicely in comparison to the other band members he mentioned with the exception of hetfield who is supercool
Yeah, I don't think that Bob ever really connected with Bon Jovi, despite enjoying the live aspect. Well, that's the vibe that I pick up from all the interviews I've heard/read. If I Was Your Mother and Fear do have a very slight Black Album-era sound to them.

I love James Hetfield, but I do think that Lars was awesome too up until 1999-2000. Always a bit of a tosser though I absolutely love Bob Rock-era Metallica.

I would kill for Bob to produce a Jon solo/band album. I mean, just look at the new Black Veil Brides album, sonically it's killer!
Old 12-15-2014, 07:54 PM
Jovi FANatic

i think jon has outgrow bob rock and in the future if he changes shanks(hopefully) he will try someone different. we have to remember that these guys know how to make records, they have numerous releases under their belt, and after 3 records with bob rock they know more or less what they gonna get...apart from all this jon is a guy of habbit, he wanted to make these days with him as well if i m not mistaken but bob rock was fully interested in metallica...
Old 12-15-2014, 09:58 PM
Blaze of Posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikos greece View Post
i think jon has outgrow bob rock and in the future if he changes shanks(hopefully) he will try someone different. we have to remember that these guys know how to make records, they have numerous releases under their belt, and after 3 records with bob rock they know more or less what they gonna get...apart from all this jon is a guy of habbit, he wanted to make these days with him as well if i m not mistaken but bob rock was fully interested in metallica...
Jon wanted Bruce Fairbairn & Bob Rock to produce/ engineer CRUSH. But then Bruce died ...both were to be involved though. How strange they ended up with Luke Ebbin ....