Home Register Members FAQ

The Dark Knight

TV & Movies

Old 07-14-2008, 11:47 PM
Dry County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic View Post
Aloha !

This movie is going to be so ****ing sweet, just look at the reviews at rottentomatoes.com

Still, even with me being a student and having so much free time lately it's a bitch to keep up with all those websites.

Idiot.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
Who cares about the reviews, if this movie got slaughter in the reviews I was still going to go see it anyways. I'm the ****ing review, along with the people. You won't know if you like a movie until you actually see it for yourself. You won't like a certain food until you try it for yourself, get me?

Now Tom said "Mom, wherever there's a cop beatin' a guy
Wherever a hungry newborn baby cries
Where there's a fight 'gainst the blood and hatred in the air
Look for me Mom I'll be there
Wherever there's somebody fightin' for a place to stand
Or decent job or a helpin' hand
Wherever somebody's strugglin' to be free
Look in their eyes Mom you'll see me."

Old 07-14-2008, 11:49 PM
Dry County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldsausage II View Post
I hated Batman Begins but I'm looking forward to this. I love phychotic characters so this should be real good
Same here didn't like it, but the storyline was pretty good about how batman became batman but the villians were horrible. I was always for the villians and not the heroes.

Last edited by slippery89; 07-14-2008 at 11:52 PM..
Old 07-14-2008, 11:51 PM
Dry County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arash View Post
Today is the official premiere of The Dark Knight, and only a couple of days until the worldwide release. I made this thread so everyone who watches it can post their review and thoughts and stuff about the movie here. I personally can't wait to see it! Let the discussion begins!

PS. The siggy is back, Alex.

*edited to make the title clearer*
Damn, you beat me to it I was just getting ready to make this thread. This movie is going to be so ****ing awesome mainly because Joker looks so ****ing cool. I was always for the villians.

Old 07-15-2008, 06:05 AM
Jovi Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arash View Post
I read on IMDB which was reporting from Rolling Stone that Heath Ledger is being considerd for an oscar.
I read that too and wouldn't be surprised if he does win the Oscar. I saw Michael Caine predicted he got the nod too!

Can't wait to see it!
Old 07-16-2008, 09:01 AM
Jovi Freak

Confession time. I've never had any interest in Batman.

On the other hand it might be illegal to be the only person from Perth not to go see Heath's last film.

Hmmm...
Etihad Stadium, Melbourne - 8 December 2013
Perth Arena, Perth - 12 December 2013
Arena Joondalup, Perth (Soundwave) - 3 March 2014
ANZ Stadium, Sydney - 8 December 2018

Blame It On The Love...
Old 07-16-2008, 03:25 PM
Jovi Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenobi_on_a_prayer View Post
On the other hand it might be illegal to be the only person from Perth not to go see Heath's last film.

Hmmm...
If nothing more, I think that's a strong enough reason to go see it
Old 07-20-2008, 05:09 AM
Rocket Queen
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Mousebounce

**Spoiler Alert**

Do not read as this contains some information about what happens in the movie.

I saw it tonight, and I am sad to say that I didn't like it at all. I know everyone is raving about it, but I thought it was too long because they tried to cram way too much into one movie. The entire Two Face storyline should have been removed as it just made the plot convoluted in my opinion. The editors didn't do a great job at editing this movie. A lot could have been removed which would have actually improved it.

Not to mention that I know super hero movies aren't supposed to be realistic, but that entire wi fi thingy, where Batman can see and hear what is going on in all of Gotham was wayyyy out there. In the first Batman you could kind of believe what he was capable of, but they made him do way too many far out things in this movie.

As for Heath Ledger, I can't see him winning any awards for this role although that is all the buzz right now. He was great, don't get me wrong, but award winning is going a bit far. Maggie Gyllenhaal sucked as the "girlfriend." I think my frying pan has more personality than her. First Katie Holmes and now her. They need to find a decent leading lady.

I would give it two out of five stars. The special effects are amazing. Christian Bale rules as Batman, but it was needlessly long with a crappy plot. Heck, I even found myself a bit bored at times. It was a disappointment to say the least.

This reviewer summed it up nicely so I will steal it.

It simply boils down to a matter of taste (for the theatrical). I preferred Batman Begins over The Dark Knight. Nolan's introductory film embraced explanations, took time with its mythology, accepted the character's limitations and established the boundaries of Batman's fictional world. Dark Knight builds on that foundation, for sure, but thrusts ever forward when all I really wanted it to do was stop for a second and soak in the glorious chaos.

Last edited by Mousebounce; 07-20-2008 at 05:19 AM..
Old 07-20-2008, 09:03 AM
Blaze of Posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousebounce View Post
**Spoiler Alert**

Do not read as this contains some information about what happens in the movie.

I saw it tonight, and I am sad to say that I didn't like it at all. I know everyone is raving about it, but I thought it was too long because they tried to cram way too much into one movie. The entire Two Face storyline should have been removed as it just made the plot convoluted in my opinion. The editors didn't do a great job at editing this movie. A lot could have been removed which would have actually improved it.

Not to mention that I know super hero movies aren't supposed to be realistic, but that entire wi fi thingy, where Batman can see and hear what is going on in all of Gotham was wayyyy out there. In the first Batman you could kind of believe what he was capable of, but they made him do way too many far out things in this movie.

As for Heath Ledger, I can't see him winning any awards for this role although that is all the buzz right now. He was great, don't get me wrong, but award winning is going a bit far. Maggie Gyllenhaal sucked as the "girlfriend." I think my frying pan has more personality than her. First Katie Holmes and now her. They need to find a decent leading lady.

I would give it two out of five stars. The special effects are amazing. Christian Bale rules as Batman, but it was needlessly long with a crappy plot. Heck, I even found myself a bit bored at times. It was a disappointment to say the least.

LOL, I hate to be a dick, but I disagree with almost everything in your review.
Let me preface this by saying that I am A HUGE COMIC BOOK reader. I own over a thousand comics, and have been reading them since I was about 5. I've seen practically every film ever based in the genre, and I can honestly say that Dark Knight was the best film to ever come out of it by far. I'm VERY tired at the moment, but I intend to write up a full review tomorrow and post it here.
Old 07-20-2008, 02:12 PM
These Days

Only 2 days of its premiere and this movie has reached #1 on IMDB's top 250 films, with a rating of 9.7/10. Impressive.

I so want to watch this movie, but it will be months before i can get to it. I still haven't seen Indy 4
Old 07-20-2008, 03:19 PM
Rocket Queen
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Mousebounce

Quote:
LOL, I hate to be a dick, but I disagree with almost everything in your review.
Hahah...of course you are entitled to your opinion. I know I am in the minority and I wanted to love it. I really did.

Tags
batman, the dark knight