Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

Fincher News

TV & Movies

Old 11-24-2004, 03:34 PM
J E R S E Y ● syndicate™
Destination any Forum

Send a message via ICQ to *ºÇåptäîn¤Çrä§hº* Send a message via MSN to *ºÇåptäîn¤Çrä§hº*
Default Fincher News

David Fincher is supposed to direct Benjamin Button.. or not.

http://imdb.com/title/tt0421715/

Well, at least he shot two Lexus spots past August.
And there are more promising news:

David Fincher guest on Henry Rollins show

MTV reports that Henry Rollins, leadsinger of the Rollins Band, will be hosting his own show on IFC starting in december. The show, which will premiere december 4, will be called 'Henry's Film Corner' and it's first guest is David Fincher. Henry Rollins is not only the leadsinger of the Rollins Band he is also the author of several books and has also starred in multiple movies like Lost Highway and Bad Boys 2.

It's been quite a long time since David Fincher had an interview with the media. Hopefully David Fincher will tell what he is up to. Too bad I can't watch the show myself...
posted by J. Wijnsma at 1:43 AM

source: http://www.davidfincher.cjb.net/

Old 01-20-2005, 11:02 AM
Jovi Freak

http://www.aintitcoolnews.com/display.cgi?id=19178

Looks like Fincher is going to direct a movie called Zodiac. Or something like that. Movie about a serial-killer. Sounds interesting to me.
Old 01-20-2005, 06:41 PM
J E R S E Y ● syndicate™
Destination any Forum

Send a message via ICQ to *ºÇåptäîn¤Çrä§hº* Send a message via MSN to *ºÇåptäîn¤Çrä§hº*

I was going to post some news when I saw a reply to this thread, so I thought it had already been posted.
Thank you for the link but what I found is probably a bit more reliable:

http://www.davidfincher.cjb.net/

Tuesday, January 18, 2005
Fincher on Button

Here's a small quote from Fincher on the current status of Benjamin Button:

What might you ask, is David Fincher up to these days? Funny you should mention that, cos we called him up and asked... "What I am desperately trying to do is put this movie together that has been around for about 75 years at Paramount called The Curious Case of Benjamin Button," he tells The Insider. "It's based on an F.Scott Fitzgerald short story that's been adapted by Eric Roth. It's a little 200-page script; a sprawling romance between a woman of 30 and a man who, at 50, begins ageing backwards. It's dark, it's romantic, and it also deals with mortality in a pretty unflattering way. The guy is born in 1919 - with the film itself beginning in the Civil war, travelling around the world and carrying on all the way through to the year 2000. And we'd have to have the lead actor be recognisable from the ages of 18 to 85 years old." He pauses, and laughs. "We want to try and film it for just under $US300 million".

This comes from the January edition of Emipre magazine in Australia.

(I think the 300 million might be exageration a bit. ) Either way, I hope this gets off the ground, cuz I'd love to see some more from Finch.

--ciao

posted by Dustin P at 1:55 PM

Fincher and Pitt to reteam

but not for a movie. Instead, it'll be for a Heineken commercial. Check out the details Here.

a snippet from the article:

NEW YORK - Brad Pitt, who portrayed the anti-hero Tyler Durden in the film of the novel 'Fight Club', is to appear in an advertisement for Heineken.

The ad is to be directed by David Fincher, the man who directed Pitt in the film of Chuck Palahniuk's novel 'Fight Club'.

It will show Pitt buying a six-pack of Heineken and then being chased by paparazzi through the streets of Los Angeles.

Unusually for an ad featuring an A-list celebrity, it will be shown in the US.

well, at least it's something; let us know if and when you see it.
Thanks to Nathan for the head's up.

--ciao

posted by Dustin P at 1:49 PM
Old 01-22-2005, 07:26 AM
J E R S E Y ● syndicate™
Destination any Forum

And you were right:

Thursday, January 20, 2005
Fincher takes on the Zodiac

Variety recently reported that Fincher is being pursued to direct the true life account of the San Faransisco Zodiac Killer. Check out the link Here. Here's a small section of the article that also talks about the status of Benjamin Button:

The studios are in advanced negotiations to co-finance "Zodiac," a thriller detailing the obsessive efforts of three people who sought to bring the famed Zodiac killer to justice and the toll it took on their personal lives.

David Fincher is in negotiations to helm the pic.

Deal would reunite Warners, Par and Fincher once again. The trio had recently coalesced around "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button," but that pic evaporated after the studios declined to spend more than $150 million on the f/x-heavy tale.

I'd like to see Fincher return to his roots and make another "Se7en" style film, but in a way, I also think 'he's done that already.' Perhaps he's just doing this as a favor to Paramount so they'll give him the budget he needs for Button... but who knows. I just want to see something from him soon.

--ciao
posted by Dustin P at 6:52 PM
Old 02-04-2005, 01:25 AM
J E R S E Y ● syndicate™
Destination any Forum

from the above source as well:

-----------------------

Thursday, February 03, 2005
Fincher Spot to be Shown during SUPERBOWL

As we reported recently, Fincher is directing a new Heineken commercial with actor/friend Brad Pitt. It's now come to our attention that the spot will air during the Superbowl - which makes sense given Pitt's popularity. Keep a lookout for it and let us know if you find it online.

The superbowl airs on Feb. 6th - this Sunday. Enjoy.

PS- if anyone knows anything else about those Lexus ads, let me know.

-----------------------
Old 02-14-2005, 07:50 PM
J E R S E Y ● syndicate™
Destination any Forum

Friday, February 11, 2005
Benjamin Button Still moving forward

...according to Kathleen Kennedy, producing partner of Steven Spielberg. In a recent interview she talked about a couple of the other projects she was working on, including The Curious Case of Benjamin Button.

what she had to say:

"Rumors have recently persisted that Benjamin Button is dead in the water, but Kennedy assured us that this is not the case. "No, Fincher [is directing]. I was just on the phone with everybody today on that. It looks like it may go forward this summer…'"

I hope this is true! I'd much rather Fincher be doing this than the Zodiac Movie. But any Fincher movement is fine by me.

ciao
posted by Dustin P at 11:07 AM
Old 02-18-2005, 04:20 AM
Jovi Geek

Send a message via AIM to RyanBounce04 Send a message via MSN to RyanBounce04 Send a message via Yahoo to RyanBounce04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stut-The-Finn

Looks like Fincher is going to direct a movie called Zodiac. Or something like that. Movie about a serial-killer. Sounds interesting to me.

Oh yea... The Zodiac.... Weird story about a guy who lived in Vallejo/American Canyon Area, California... (My mom's hometown) And he'd go out and kill people late at night and then would send a puzzle or message to the police stations and newspapers. It's scary stuff. He wore a weird suit and everything. Funny thing is that I've seen some of these places he's been to. Scary and weird.

Ryan
Tampa Bay Lightning - 2004 Stanley Cup Champions
Philadelphia Soul - 2008 AFL Champions
Oklahoma City Thunder - ????????
Old 02-18-2005, 04:25 AM
This Post Feels Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanBounce04
Quote:

Oh yea... The Zodiac.... Weird story about a guy who lived in Vallejo/American Canyon Area, California... (My mom's hometown) And he'd go out and kill people late at night and then would send a puzzle or message to the police stations and newspapers. It's scary stuff. He wore a weird suit and everything. Funny thing is that I've seen some of these places he's been to. Scary and weird.

Ryan
how do you know it was a 'he'? he's still at large as far as I know.
I miss the fire that was once in your eyes
Well come on and say something now
Old 02-19-2005, 04:05 PM
Hardest Part is the Night

Finch was my least favorite character in American Pie, but he made 1 or 2 nice movies as a director. When is his next masterpiece coming out?
Old 03-07-2005, 04:16 AM
Jovi Geek

Send a message via AIM to RyanBounce04 Send a message via MSN to RyanBounce04 Send a message via Yahoo to RyanBounce04

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunkywho
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanBounce04
Quote:

Ryan
how do you know it was a 'he'? he's still at large as far as I know.
Yes, though he's thought to have died ways back... There was a special on him where they did DNA tests on a few people that turned out negative! Gotta wonder!

Ryan
Tampa Bay Lightning - 2004 Stanley Cup Champions
Philadelphia Soul - 2008 AFL Champions
Oklahoma City Thunder - ????????