Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

2020: The New Album

New Bon Jovi Releases

Old 10-24-2018, 01:56 PM
Posting everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by james_d View Post
I just want something that's different and doesn't sound like it was put together in 5 minutes. I'd much rather them try something cool and not hit the mark instead of THINFS mk2.
I'd never though I'd say this, but at this point I'd rather have them try something as far left or right field as TLFR. Sure, that didn't go over too well, but it was a brave effort. Something that doesn't sound like we've had a few times already.
I've no problem with Jon not utilizing Phil in the songwriting process, maybe that wouldn't work (didn't work with David either). But if they come together to rehearse for shows every few weeks anyway, I sincerely hope that they start to flesh out the new songs together in the way and the combination that they're gonna play it on stage afterwards. Like New Year's Day, but with a proper guitar playing

Old 10-24-2018, 02:29 PM
Lay your Posts on Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovi90 View Post
I'd never though I'd say this, but at this point I'd rather have them try something as far left or right field as TLFR. Sure, that didn't go over too well, but it was a brave effort. Something that doesn't sound like we've had a few times already.
I've no problem with Jon not utilizing Phil in the songwriting process, maybe that wouldn't work (didn't work with David either). But if they come together to rehearse for shows every few weeks anyway, I sincerely hope that they start to flesh out the new songs together in the way and the combination that they're gonna play it on stage afterwards. Like New Year's Day, but with a proper guitar playing
Something genuine is what I'm looking for, a bit of imagination as well.
Old 10-24-2018, 03:43 PM
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Supersonic

Aloha !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
I like Shank's solos when he has a chance to let rip. Same with Richie. Too many single note pluckings doused in echo with the part repeated twice an octave apart. Boring.
He gets a chance to let it rip during Keep The Faith every night and he still sounds like ass with his pointless noodling. I'm not denying he's a great guitar player, but so is Phil X yet every single guitar solo he does sounds off. It's why I don't understand why people are insisting he could deliver in the studio. His style of playing doesn't fit the Bon Jovi sound but then again, the entire band doesn't sound like Bon Jovi anymore so what's the point, really? These guys have yet to come up with something memorable.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
Old 10-24-2018, 03:58 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic View Post
Aloha !

He gets a chance to let it rip during Keep The Faith every night and he still sounds like ass with his pointless noodling. I'm not denying he's a great guitar player, but so is Phil X yet every single guitar solo he does sounds off. It's why I don't understand why people are insisting he could deliver in the studio. His style of playing doesn't fit the Bon Jovi sound but then again, the entire band doesn't sound like Bon Jovi anymore so what's the point, really? These guys have yet to come up with something memorable.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
In the context of new material, I'll take it. His KTF solo lacks energy but as far as new songs in the studio, Fingerprints shows he can play bluesy solos not far off from Richie's framework. Live classics, absolutely, keep him away.

If the band is going to continue I'd rather it be as something new but it's not like they're going to drop 2/3s of the setlist.
Old 10-24-2018, 04:02 PM
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Supersonic

Aloha !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
In the context of new material, I'll take it. His KTF solo lacks energy but as far as new songs in the studio, Fingerprints shows he can play bluesy solos not far off from Richie's framework. Live classics, absolutely, keep him away.(
I don't get the praise for Fingerprints. Sure, it sounds bluesy, but that solo is a prime example of something that's just not going anywhere. It feels like it's building up to something and then eventually doesn't deliver. It's with all the guitar solo's these guys are doing. No start, middle and end. Just noise.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
Old 10-24-2018, 04:02 PM
Price of posting

Ive been sent the new album name by my contact at universal. Stays on here............

These days in New Jersey its Slippery When Wet at 7800F. That temp will Crush and Bounce the Lost Highway so much This Left Feels Right but we all have to Keep The Faith so we can Have A Nice Day.

Please. It must stay on here....
Wembley Arena 90, Wembley Arena 93, MK Bowl 93, Wembley Stadium 95, MK Bowl 96, Wembley Stadium 00, MK Bowl 01, Hyde Park 03, MK Bowl 06, o2 07, Twickenham 08, o2 10 (x2), Hyde Park 13, London Palladium 16, Wembley 19
Follow me: @iam_emmo
Old 10-24-2018, 04:54 PM
Wanted Dead or Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic View Post
Aloha !

I don't get the praise for Fingerprints. Sure, it sounds bluesy, but that solo is a prime example of something that's just not going anywhere. It feels like it's building up to something and then eventually doesn't deliver. It's with all the guitar solo's these guys are doing. No start, middle and end. Just noise.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
This is completely right, of course, but is it really any different to what Richie was doing for 10-15 years? I think Captain was saying Shanks sounds like he could do something interesting but the framework of Bon Jovi prevents him, as it does Phil and even Richie.

Perhaps the only person with no blame for this situation is Phil, as he just does what he is told.
Old 10-24-2018, 06:34 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by semigoodlooking View Post
This is completely right, of course, but is it really any different to what Richie was doing for 10-15 years? I think Captain was saying Shanks sounds like he could do something interesting but the framework of Bon Jovi prevents him, as it does Phil and even Richie.

Perhaps the only person with no blame for this situation is Phil, as he just does what he is told.
Bingo bango. They can change producers, change guitarists, add new writers, this is how they want it to sound. Every one of them is CAPABLE of better but it sounds phoned in. Richie's guitar playing got more and more watered down from Crush onwards. Bounce was double tracked guitars with baritones tucked underneath. It sounded heavy but technically it wasn't anything special.

I listened to These Days in full yesterday and picked up on a lot of new things. On most of the songs Richie's backing vocals is panned slightly left and it sounds like you're standing in between them sometimes. The first half of the album I noticed the last chord of the songs would be close to the start of the next song. Work was put into guitar parts that sounded raw and didn't need five distorted guitar stacked playing a single echoy note.

The raw swagger, any bluesy sounds have been sucked out of them. But hearing Fingerprints and Who Do You Die For to me tells me they have it in them to do a bit different and veer from the formula. We me have to agree to disagree, Fingerprints is one of the better post 2000 solos.
Old 10-24-2018, 07:02 PM
Keep the Faith

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovi90 View Post
If we'd get another album in the vein and with the quality of HAND, I'd honestly be happy at that point. It's by now means my favourite, but it had a freshness and energy to it that I sorely miss nowadays.
Im not talking bout the quality of the album,Im talking about the sound of the album.
I have the feeling of being listening to the same album since 2005
MADRID-22/5/2003 / MILTON KEYNES-10 & 11/6/2006 / LONDON-24/6/2007 / STUTTGART-29/5/2008 / BARCELONA-1/6/2008 / LONDON-27 & 28/6/2008 / NEW JERSEY-26 & 27/5/2010 / MADRID-4/6/2010 / PARIS-16/6/2010 / MADRID-6/11/2010 / DRESDEN-10/6/2011 / MUNICH-12/6/2011 / ZEEBRUGGE-24/7/2011 / BARCELONA-27/7/2011 / SAN SEBASTIAN-29/7/2011 / LISBON-31/7/2011 / RICHIE SAMBORA-LONDON-16/10/12 / BERLIN-18/6/13 / KOLN-22/6/13 / MADRID-27/6/13 / MILANO-29/6/13 / LIVERPOOL-19/6/19 / LONDON-21/6/19 / MADRID-7/7/19
Old 10-24-2018, 07:36 PM
Price of posting

Can't think nothing worse than a HAND sounding album...other than a THINFS, WAN , Circle or LH sounding album!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Wembley Arena 90, Wembley Arena 93, MK Bowl 93, Wembley Stadium 95, MK Bowl 96, Wembley Stadium 00, MK Bowl 01, Hyde Park 03, MK Bowl 06, o2 07, Twickenham 08, o2 10 (x2), Hyde Park 13, London Palladium 16, Wembley 19
Follow me: @iam_emmo

Tags
2020 (album)