Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

The Official December 4 Adelaide Botanic Park, Adelaide, Australia Thread

Tour Discussion

Old 12-05-2018, 06:09 PM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jovifan93 View Post
And you know that firsthand? No one knows what will happen. Maybe he will get better than ever before (ok, highligh unlikely, make that better than 2010/11, which is still unlikely, but only included in this list to make a point), maybe somewhere between 2013 and 2015, maybe worse than ever. We will have to wait and see...
I'm just realistic, based on what we've heard for the last two years. The Jon we knew is long gone I'm afraid, I've pretty much accepted that. You want to believe otherwise and that's up to you, but I have no desire to build up false hope, just to end up disappointed...

Old 12-05-2018, 06:12 PM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovi90 View Post
No, I think he sounds bad and will continue to sound so. That book's closed. The way he sang a song like Bed of Roses on occasion this tour is the maximum he'll ever get. I just wanted to explain where I think the fluctuations within a show, the unbelievably rapid decline from mid-2013 onwards (where it felt like he basically unlearned how to sing over night) and the fact that he doesn't sound like JBJ anymore come from.
When a voice fails fluctuations are pretty normal. Some days will be better than others, some notes will be better than others. There are lots of variables that can affect a voice.
Old 12-05-2018, 06:26 PM
Dry County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinny View Post
I'm just realistic, based on what we've heard for the last two years. The Jon we knew is long gone I'm afraid, I've pretty much accepted that. You want to believe otherwise and that's up to you, but I have no desire to build up false hope, just to end up disappointed...
No, I don't want to believe otherwise (or at least I don't, but maybe I want to? Dunno), but I'm not ready to give up every last bit of hope just yet.
Old 12-05-2018, 06:26 PM
Wanted Dead or Alive

Too much focus on voice,too much of Jon is not happy,he is this,he is that... His voice is listenable,his voice is not cracking like shot voice used to sound. Too much attention on voice,no one say anything about playing,other members,Jon is not all in the band,it is the whole package. In order to make show even better they need acoustic part in the show and let it go hard songs like Ill be there for you and others like Dry county,Hey god,These days( not play yet but still).
Old 12-05-2018, 06:47 PM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokenrola View Post
Too much focus on voice,too much of Jon is not happy,he is this,he is that... His voice is listenable,his voice is not cracking like shot voice used to sound. Too much attention on voice,no one say anything about playing,other members,Jon is not all in the band,it is the whole package. In order to make show even better they need acoustic part in the show and let it go hard songs like Ill be there for you and others like Dry county,Hey god,These days( not play yet but still).
Sorry, but I don't find his current voice very listenable in a live situation at all.

As for the rest of the band, there's nothing to discuss, they are all pretty solid. They are well reherased and tight. They are a good band, that just miss that extra spark. Phil X is a great player, but he doesn't have that blues influence that was all the way through Richie's playing and of course Richie's voice is hugely missed also, maybe even more than his guitar style.

Last edited by Thinny; 12-05-2018 at 06:50 PM..
Old 12-05-2018, 08:09 PM
Jovi FANatic

Living With The Ghost:
https://youtu.be/61dXkTYZJ_o

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-05-2018, 09:02 PM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinny View Post
Sorry, but I don't find his current voice very listenable in a live situation at all.

As for the rest of the band, there's nothing to discuss, they are all pretty solid. They are well reherased and tight. They are a good band, that just miss that extra spark. Phil X is a great player, but he doesn't have that blues influence that was all the way through Richie's playing and of course Richie's voice is hugely missed also, maybe even more than his guitar style.
It's so much more than the technical aspect of Richie's style of playing and his vocals that's missing, though God knows, that would be enough. I think Jon depended on Richie a lot more than people realize for sharing the load every show. Richie was his side man, his straight man - I can't think of the right term, but like the Gracie Allen to his George Burns minus the comedy element. He played off of Richie. It helped ease the load of carrying the whole show by himself. If nothing else, it gave him something to look at besides the front row, without turning his back on the audience. And he also knew that when (if) his voice gave out, Richie was there to pick up the slack, either taking over the vocals or distracting from them with the harmonies. He didn't even have to say anything, because Richie watched him like a hawk and he knew when he was struggling.

And no, even if they could resolve whatever went wrong, and Richie were to come back, it won't restore Jon's voice to what it was anymore than it would probably restore Richie's playing to what it was. But I think it might restore some of the confidence and, therefore, some of the showmanship that's missing. And the joy.

JMO
Old 12-05-2018, 09:15 PM
Dry County

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieBlue View Post
It's so much more than the technical aspect of Richie's style of playing and his vocals that's missing, though God knows, that would be enough. I think Jon depended on Richie a lot more than people realize for sharing the load every show. Richie was his side man, his straight man - I can't think of the right term, but like the Gracie Allen to his George Burns minus the comedy element. He played off of Richie. It helped ease the load of carrying the whole show by himself. If nothing else, it gave him something to look at besides the front row, without turning his back on the audience. And he also knew that when (if) his voice gave out, Richie was there to pick up the slack, either taking over the vocals or distracting from them with the harmonies. He didn't even have to say anything, because Richie watched him like a hawk and he knew when he was struggling.

And no, even if they could resolve whatever went wrong, and Richie were to come back, it won't restore Jon's voice to what it was anymore than it would probably restore Richie's playing to what it was. But I think it might restore some of the confidence and, therefore, some of the showmanship that's missing. And the joy.

JMO
Ok, and now go and tell them that!
Old 12-05-2018, 09:36 PM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by jovifan93 View Post
Ok, and now go and tell them that!
Believe me, if I coulda I woulda.

(Shouldn't have to though. They're grown men. They shoulda figured this out 5 -1/2 years ago!)
Old 12-05-2018, 09:58 PM
Dry County

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieBlue View Post
Believe me, if I coulda I woulda.

(Shouldn't have to though. They're grown men. They shoulda figured this out 5 -1/2 years ago!)
Sure, but they're not behaving like it (Richie even worse than Jon, but still), more like 5 year olds in some respects...