Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

JBJ Fanclub Letter

General BJ Discussion

Old 11-05-2004, 09:14 AM
Last Man Standing

Default JBJ Fanclub Letter

I'm writing this installment high abot the clouds both in the sky and in my mind. The flight is one of contentment. Ilene (my trusted asst.) Obie (my trusted engineer) and Chris "Lumpy" Hochsneider are all exhausted but at the same time exhilarated. With the Box set in hand we tend to the last detail trying to get everything right. The pictures the credits and the quotes, the downloads and of course the music truly are complete. This project didnt just come together. It's been a long time in the making and is something I know we're proud to share with you. When I first dreamed this project I hoped it would reflect on the body of work positively. I think wer accomplished this and more. There are 50 songs in all. Some you might recognize others you wont. These are teh clues, the map, and the pieces of the puzzles we thought we had but to tell you the truth werent sure. I told anyone who would listen that our vaults were rich with untapped resources but the truth is I had no idea the amound of material we have held hostage for soooo long. Hell, if we ever went down in this flight I'd have more records than Tupac Shakur. The concept for the art was homage to Elvis' gold suit. We took the pictures and everyone got the joke. Everyone but the Elvis estate. They refused us the right to release the cover and said it would confuse the Elvis fan ... WOW, these people have too much time on their hands. Alas, I know the king's cool with it. I spoke to him ......(no he didnt speak back) I just know. There's a DVD om the package with a lot of personal video taken by teh band and interviews from the studio in NJ as well as Los Angeles. We'll be supporting the release with parties on several continents so keep an eye out for us. There will be ONE gig I can speak of in Atlantic City in mid November. It'll be on the web worldwide and on HDTV in the states.

Now, on the subject of the new record. It's almost done. We have 2-3 days and it'll be in the can. I hope to play tracks from it while supporting the box set. I'm not sure of the title yet but I'm toying with HAVE A NICE DAY. It's a big old rock song. This whole album rocks big. It was recorded in about 5 weeks in total. We split it up between NJ and LA for sake of Richie's and my sanity. John Shenks produced and was killer. Hats off to him and engineer Jeff Rothschild for going above and beyond the call of duty and making this record such a fun experience. Touring plans are in flux as I cant see straight right now. I didnt expect to be so together to tell you the truth. Paul wants to tour next summer. I'm not sure when or where yet. I'll let you know our plans. I had to remind the big guy to make plans but only in pencil. I'm intent on making this record a celebration of 20 years of living. So to the hundred Million friends, fans and family who got us here, THANKS YOU. Here's to the next 20 and 100,000,000 more .... N.J. is only 10,000 feet below me. Hey the clouds are clearing and so is my head...see you soon...real soon

jbj

That bit about "parties on several continents" sounds promising

Old 11-05-2004, 09:43 AM
Friends will be friends
Bounce

Thanks for posting that Carli. He said also that they may play new songs when promoting the boxset, so that would be good too.

It's almost a pity they didn't leave writing and recording until now, I bet they could have written some songs about how pissed off they where about the elections and such.
Old 11-05-2004, 10:38 AM
Killer Queen
Slippery When Wet

Thank you!! Sounds great!

Well it ain't no secret
I've been around a time or two
Well I don't know baby maybe you've been around too
Well there's another dance
all you gotta do is say yes
And if you're rough and ready for love
honey I'm tougher than the rest
Old 11-05-2004, 01:00 PM
Livin' on a Post

is this from the new newsletter?
Old 11-05-2004, 01:28 PM
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
Posting Dead Or Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by _sas_
is this from the new newsletter?
That is correct.
2010: NJ x3, London x4. 2011: Munich, Manchester, London, Dublin x2, Lisbon. 2012: RS London.
2013: Manchester, Birmingham, Dublin, London. 2014: RS Belfast. 2016: London. 2019: Dublin x2, Liverpool, London

Old 11-05-2004, 01:45 PM
I Don't Want To Post Forever

thanks for posting that , sounds good .

Dawn

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bon-Jo...41182859285688

JOVITALK LIVING ON A PRAYER VIDEO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkHD8FJtJQ4

Dry County 8th June 2010 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NB3Yi...eature=related

ALL I NEED IS YOU http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-UDWk6e_aE
Old 11-05-2004, 02:01 PM
Wild*Angel
Price of posting

Send a message via MSN to Rakel

YAY! he still thinks the cover was a good idea!
apart from that, excellent news!! the excitment about bon jovi is growing on me again
Old 11-05-2004, 06:13 PM
Hardest Part is the Night

Default Re: JBJ Fanclub Letter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurotica80
Now, on the subject of the new record. It's almost done. We have 2-3 days and it'll be in the can. I hope to play tracks from it while supporting the box set. I'm not sure of the title yet but I'm toying with HAVE A NICE DAY. It's a big old rock song. This whole album rocks big. It was recorded in about 5 weeks in total. We split it up between NJ and LA for sake of Richie's and my sanity. John Shenks produced and was killer. Hats off to him and engineer Jeff Rothschild for going above and beyond the call of duty and making this record such a fun experience. Touring plans are in flux as I cant see straight right now. I didnt expect to be so together to tell you the truth. Paul wants to tour next summer. I'm not sure when or where yet. I'll let you know our plans. I had to remind the big guy to make plans but only in pencil. I'm intent on making this record a celebration of 20 years of living. So to the hundred Million friends, fans and family who got us here, THANKS YOU. Here's to the next 20 and 100,000,000 more .... N.J. is only 10,000 feet below me. Hey the clouds are clearing and so is my head...see you soon...real soon

jbj

That bit about "parties on several continents" sounds promising
The new album sounds llike it's going to be awesome!! The WHOLE album rocks big I really hope it's as good as it sounds but we'll see... By the sound of that, if seems we could even hear Have a Nice Day (the song) as early as the Borgata show.

anyways... things appear to be looking up right now in Joviland
Old 11-05-2004, 09:37 PM
Pies Descalzos, Suenos Blancos
Something for the Posts

Send a message via AIM to ~saz~ Send a message via MSN to ~saz~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~saz~

"Have A Nice Day"- i like that

Old 11-05-2004, 10:11 PM
Price of posting

Send a message via ICQ to Sambo-Chris Send a message via MSN to Sambo-Chris
Default Re: JBJ Fanclub Letter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurotica80
[b] and Chris "Lumpy" Hochsneider

Really sad that they even don't know the correct names of their own employees.