Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

Keeping different kinds of fans happy...

General BJ Discussion

Old 06-27-2010, 08:25 PM
Hardest Part is the Night

Default Keeping different kinds of fans happy...

There has been a lot of discussion around here about how it's very difficult for the band to please everyone at concerts. If we look at it broadly we have
-the casual fans who want to hear the easy to sing along to hits...
-the die hard fans who want to hear the bands deeper material that wasn't written for radio or to be instantly catchy

We saw at the last night of the residency that in the encore they played some rarities in order to compensate for the otherwise static set. I guess this is something they could do every night. Have a goal of playing 2 rarities in the encore.

The other thing to consider would be to have more intimate concerts to cater to the die hards. These should be promoted largly via the internet on Jovi forums like this one, and through fan clubs etc... To make sure that die hards have easier access to these tickets than casual fans. At these smaller non-stadium concerts they can mix it up more and if they do it often enough they get away from having to please everyone with their stadium shows alone. I would like this approach but the problem is Jon does not as he said in the documentary "**** that, I want to play the desert and sell it out".

Old 06-27-2010, 11:47 PM
Keep the Faith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedingguitar View Post

The other thing to consider would be to have more intimate concerts to cater to the die hards. These should be promoted largly via the internet on Jovi forums like this one, and through fan clubs etc... To make sure that die hards have easier access to these tickets than casual fans. At these smaller non-stadium concerts they can mix it up more and if they do it often enough they get away from having to please everyone with their stadium shows alone. I would like this approach but the problem is Jon does not as he said in the documentary "**** that, I want to play the desert and sell it out".
The problem is that most of the die hards dont agree either and some still wouldnt be happy and would still nit pick and find something they didnt like in the set.
Old 06-28-2010, 02:01 AM
Super Moderator
It's my post

Sticking with a core set of songs is not the problem in itself its what songs get stuck- its madness to have Lost Highway, WLOL and Crash sticking around semi-total permanently when songs like Blaze, Runaway, OWN, DC, Always are skipped so often. And these songs would be famililar to the casual fan as well as pleasing the die hards.

They have the catalogue of songs to easily be able to do it in the structure of say 15 core songs, 8 semi-changeable tracks and 2 unique songs unique to each night or rarities.
* Shepherds Bush 1998 (Richie) * Wembley Stadium 2000 * Milton Keynes 2001 * Wembley Arena 2002 * Hyde Park 2003 * Ricoh Arena 2006 * St Marys 2006 * Milton Keynes 2006 * O2 Arena 2007 * St Marys 2008 * Manchester 2008 * Ricoh Arena 2008 * Ashton Gate 2008 * Twickenham x2 2008 * O2 Arena x8 2010 * Hard Rock Calling 2011 * Shepherds Bush 2012 (Richie) *Etihad Manchester 2013 * Villa Park 2013 * Hyde Park 2013 *O2 Islington 2014 (Richie) *London Palladium 2016 * O2 Arena 2016 (RSO)

*Twitter * * YouTube*
Old 06-28-2010, 02:18 AM
Just posting

Send a message via MSN to ticos_stick

They play too many downer songs throughout the set. The bulk of the set should be split into four sections this Rock-Rock-Ballad-Rock.

The new shows get into a nice momentum and then along comes a WWWB or Superman. I wouldn't mind if I got a standard set list as long as it was structured right.