Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

What Next ?

General BJ Discussion

Old 11-23-2020, 05:08 AM
Jovi Freak

Over here, one particular TV channel always has live stuff on on New Years, until way in the morning. There's stuff like ZZ Top, Prince, Metallica's S&M2... but this year, guess what else is gonna be shown? Bon Jovi 2020! Maybe they're trying to turn the whole thing around with the live show thing. Considering Kiss want $50 for their stream, that's not a bad idea. Of course, it also guarantees that it'll be doctored to hell and back...

But I'm not sure if the band / JBJ have let 2020 drop and sink just yet.

Old 11-23-2020, 10:24 AM
Posting everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphavictim View Post
Over here, one particular TV channel always has live stuff on on New Years, until way in the morning. There's stuff like ZZ Top, Prince, Metallica's S&M2... but this year, guess what else is gonna be shown? Bon Jovi 2020! Maybe they're trying to turn the whole thing around with the live show thing. Considering Kiss want $50 for their stream, that's not a bad idea. Of course, it also guarantees that it'll be doctored to hell and back...

But I'm not sure if the band / JBJ have let 2020 drop and sink just yet.
Oh damn I was actually always looking forward to the Rock Around The Clock special on 3sat and now they do this?

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk
Old 11-23-2020, 11:26 AM
Something for the Posts

I really don't see any way for Bon Jovi to have a huge album or hit single now. Richie or no Richie, it's really not going to make much difference. I think those days are gone. However a farewell reunion tour with Richie would be friggin huge! I really don't see any other option other than the downward spiral that they are currently on...
Old 11-23-2020, 11:59 AM
Next 100 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinny View Post
I really don't see any way for Bon Jovi to have a huge album or hit single now. Richie or no Richie, it's really not going to make much difference. I think those days are gone. However a farewell reunion tour with Richie would be friggin huge! I really don't see any other option other than the downward spiral that they are currently on...
I would have to agree, there wasn't much hit singles or chart topping albums even when Richie was onboard and if there was success it was somewhat minor meaning chart topping in different countries. Reunion touring is basically where all the money is at, I sure as hell would pay to see the original 5 members live in concert one last time.

But what I will say album-wise when Jon wrote and record pop oriented songs like Born To Follow or the travesty which is Because We Can, Richie's vocals and guitar work kinda made it bearable. If you were to hypothetically remove Richie's vocals and guitar work from Born To Follow you would end up with it sounding like LImitless.
Old 11-23-2020, 12:29 PM
Next 100 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by musiccritic101 View Post
I would have to agree, there wasn't much hit singles or chart topping albums even when Richie was onboard and if there was success it was somewhat minor meaning chart topping in different countries. Reunion touring is basically where all the money is at, I sure as hell would pay to see the original 5 members live in concert one last time.

But what I will say album-wise when Jon wrote and record pop oriented songs like Born To Follow or the travesty which is Because We Can, Richie's vocals and guitar work kinda made it bearable. If you were to hypothetically remove Richie's vocals and guitar work from Born To Follow you would end up with it sounding like LImitless.
I fully agree. There are a few songs that would have sounded pretty good with a guitar solo from Richie or some backing vocal. Probably they would sell more albums with Richie, but the amount of album Bon Jovi is selling is so low it for sure would be a financial net loss for Jon if he had to pay Richie.

In 2019 on the european leg the attendance was pretty good considering the state the band was in. I would also really like to see Richie back but I think that a lot of people go to a Bon Jovi concert just it is called Bon Jovi. They don't care about the guitar player. 50% would probably go to a Bon Jovi concert without Jon Bon Jovi. I am not so sure that the attendance would be so much better at a reunion tour.
I hope Jon does an reunion tour as long as Tico is able to perform. But Jon is a Businessman and if he doesn't gain something financially he won't do it.
Old 11-23-2020, 01:51 PM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by richiefan95 View Post
In 2019 on the european leg the attendance was pretty good considering the state the band was in. I would also really like to see Richie back but I think that a lot of people go to a Bon Jovi concert just it is called Bon Jovi. They don't care about the guitar player. 50% would probably go to a Bon Jovi concert without Jon Bon Jovi. I am not so sure that the attendance would be so much better at a reunion tour.
I hope Jon does an reunion tour as long as Tico is able to perform. But Jon is a Businessman and if he doesn't gain something financially he won't do it.
Disagree. It's all about how it's marketed. Marketed as a big reunion tour and/or farewell tour would bring a lot of people back that have lost interest. Ticket sales were decent in 2019, but there were a lot of 2 for 1 offers going about for some shows, and compared to even 10/15 years ago they were not what they were...Jon needs something that will make a difference, and get people excited. Aside from this, I don't really see what else he has...

edit: above comments were about UK shows. Not sure about US ticket sales wise. I also think that we care more about the "band" over here than the US audience.
Old 11-23-2020, 02:00 PM
Next 100 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinny View Post
Disagree. It's all about how it's marketed. Marketed as a big reunion tour and/or farewell tour would bring a lot of people back that have lost interest. Ticket sales were decent in 2019, but there were a lot of 2 for 1 offers going about for some shows, and compared to even 10/15 years ago they were not what they were...Jon needs something that will make a difference, and get people excited. Aside from this, I don't really see what else he has...

edit: above comments were about UK shows. Not sure about US ticket sales wise. I also think that we care more about the "band" over here than the US audience.
I meant when you consider his voice, stage presence and that Richie wasn't there the sales in 2019 were decent under those circumstances. Sure that the numbers where way of from their prime.
Old 11-23-2020, 04:15 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by musiccritic101 View Post

While neither here nor there as a fact, I am convinced Shanks played the lead main riff of Born to Follow. That echo, palm-muted riff that Bobby did live. The tone sounds just like him and Richie hasn't done it a single time live. Just some food for thought that our brain conditions us based on what we think we're hearing.
Old 11-23-2020, 06:39 PM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by richiefan95 View Post
I meant when you consider his voice, stage presence and that Richie wasn't there the sales in 2019 were decent under those circumstances. Sure that the numbers where way of from their prime.
I think a lot of people didn't know the state of Jon's voice before they attended the show. It's only really die hard fans that go looking and youTube vids etc. I think they will think twice next time...
Old 11-24-2020, 12:00 PM
Next 100 Posts

Somehow I can't imagine Jon to ever make a farewell tour. It seems like not his style. But who knows...