Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

The official Stereophonics topic

Other Bands

Old 02-13-2010, 04:19 PM
Jovi Fan

Thanks to someone's post in the "What are you listening to" thread I got the double album Live From Dakota yesterday. I'm listening to it for the second time and it's just getting better and better. It's definitely a must have for every Stereophonics fan. The setlist, the voice, the music...you just don't want it to end! It ends, but with a perfect version of Dakota.

Old 02-13-2010, 05:14 PM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady_Luck View Post
Thanks to someone's post in the "What are you listening to" thread I got the double album Live From Dakota yesterday. I'm listening to it for the second time and it's just getting better and better. It's definitely a must have for every Stereophonics fan. The setlist, the voice, the music...you just don't want it to end! It ends, but with a perfect version of Dakota.
haha that was me! im glad it made you buy it, it reall is a cracking performance and like you said the version of dakota is fantastic!
Old 02-16-2010, 11:39 PM
Jovi Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hometownboy View Post
haha that was me! im glad it made you buy it, it reall is a cracking performance and like you said the version of dakota is fantastic!
Yes it was you, thanks! And now I'm discovering "Performance And Cocktails"
What a great band.
Old 07-05-2010, 09:21 PM
Jovi Fan

I'm so disappointed right now! After my first show in February I was thrilled to see Stereophonics again at the Main Square Festival in France.

After 45 minutes of waiting for the band to come up on stage, Kelly Jones came and announced that he will start alone with his guitare, and when a technical problem will be solved, the band will join him. That didn't happen...So Kelly played Maybe Tomorrow, Dakota, Have A Nice Day and Don't Let Me Down and left the stage, pissed off. And left the fans with nothing but frustration.

So I just decided to go to Rock En Seine, a rock festival in Paris, on August 28. Because I really want to see them again, and the 4 acoustic songs just make me want more.
Old 07-07-2010, 12:39 AM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady_Luck View Post
I'm so disappointed right now! After my first show in February I was thrilled to see Stereophonics again at the Main Square Festival in France.

After 45 minutes of waiting for the band to come up on stage, Kelly Jones came and announced that he will start alone with his guitare, and when a technical problem will be solved, the band will join him. That didn't happen...So Kelly played Maybe Tomorrow, Dakota, Have A Nice Day and Don't Let Me Down and left the stage, pissed off. And left the fans with nothing but frustration.

So I just decided to go to Rock En Seine, a rock festival in Paris, on August 28. Because I really want to see them again, and the 4 acoustic songs just make me want more.
Ah. thats a shame they didnt do the gig! Kelly could have given you a full acoustic gig though what a bore, i remember when i saw them in 2007 and he did the acoustic version of maybe tomorrow and it was absolutely brilliant!
Old 07-08-2010, 08:08 PM
These Days

Send a message via MSN to Emil

I actually saw this band opening for Bon Jovi back in Hamburg 2001. They didn't make much of an impact on me then. (The other opening act did, though – Southside Johnny & The Asbury Jukes – especially when they, surprisingly enough, were joined by Jon and David for a few songs.)

Anyway, I sumbled upon a Stereophonics song a couple of weeks ago and picked up their greatest hits collection. It's pretty good and features some quality tunes, but I also find it repetitive and somewhat generic at times. Might give them a more thorough scan, I haven't decided yet. Kelly's voice is killer, obviously.
Old 11-03-2010, 07:47 AM
Something for the Posts

They got a couple of good songs in Dakota and I Don't Want To Live Forever.
Old 01-20-2013, 01:36 AM
Last Man Standing

Loving their new song Indian Summer, fantastic lyrics, saw them live just last month and I reckon the albums going to a belter! Check it out, unlike a certain other song just released, you can see this easily being played acoustically.

http://youtu.be/qcguxHc4hiU
Old 01-20-2013, 01:58 AM
It's my post

Send a message via MSN to Peterson

Heard Indian Summer for the first time today, loved it. Looking forward to the new album!
Old 01-20-2013, 02:15 AM
Price of posting

Great band but totally lost their way with 3rd, 4 th and maybe 5 th albums.
Language and albums from then onwards are very good.
Seen them live and they are fantastic.
Wembley Arena 90, Wembley Arena 93, MK Bowl 93, Wembley Stadium 95, MK Bowl 96, Wembley Stadium 00, MK Bowl 01, Hyde Park 03, MK Bowl 06, o2 07, Twickenham 08, o2 10 (x2), Hyde Park 13, London Palladium 16, Wembley 19
Follow me: @iam_emmo

Tags
stereophonics