Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

2020: The New Album

New Bon Jovi Releases

Old 05-23-2020, 03:12 PM
Something for the Posts

Not really sure why people are comparing this to a "live in the studio" playback situation. This is totally different. I think the issue here that every other band I've seen do this, have done it live by recording thier own parts seperately and them mixing/editing them together. I honestly can't think of another band that had done a playback in this situation during the lockdown.

As someone said, laziness, pure and simple....
Old 05-23-2020, 03:18 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinny View Post
Not really sure why people are comparing this to a "live in the studio" playback situation. This is totally different. I think the issue here that every other band I've seen do this, have done it live by recording thier own parts seperately and them mixing/editing them together. I honestly can't think of another band that had done a playback in this situation during the lockdown.

Bing bing bing bing. Anyone countering with "playback is nothing new" is having a completely different debate.
Old 05-23-2020, 04:08 PM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic View Post
Aloha !

Replies like these make me wonder if people actually read the things posted on here. They do playback presentations because TV shows don't provide circumstances that allow live performances. A performance recorded at home does. So unlike what some people seem to think there is no need to do a playback performance.

Is it really that hard to understand?

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
Do you read what people write?

Facts:
Limitless is a brand new song that was NEVER performed live with the band.

Professional musician see things way different than some no talent amateur like yourself. They are perfectionist down to every single little detailed aspect. "Good Enough" just doesn't cut it.

They did do an amazing at home version of It's My Life so let's give credit where credit is due.

For Its My Life, they choose the slower acoustic version and stayed away from the faster production one.

Limitless is an up tempo song that requires a lot of layer and production.

Is it hard for you to understand that maybe it was attempted and the results were sub-par?

Based on everything Jon has played live on during the pandemic, I bet he was initially down for a full live version. There were probably other elements that stopped it. And there could be a million reasons for it.

If Jon was on an interview and said "we used playback to play it safe", then there is no debate. But you have nothing to back-up anything you are stating. You are just spewing garbage out of your mouth because that's what you always do.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk
Old 05-23-2020, 04:12 PM
The Distance

Quote:

Lazy on who's part? Jon's the singer, he don't care where the music comes from? He's not the one editing all the tracks.

He was down for Its My Life. So who's lazy? Obie? Shanks?

You guys seem to know it all. Whats the story? Who dropped the ball here?

Old 05-23-2020, 04:19 PM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkopper View Post
Lazy on who's part? Jon's the singer, he don't care where the music comes from? He's not the one editing all the tracks.

He was down for Its My Life. So who's lazy? Obie? Shanks?
The Jovi camp in general. Nothing new there these days...
Old 05-23-2020, 04:26 PM
The Distance

Quote:
The Jovi camp in general. Nothing new there these days...
So who is the Jovi Camp? So they did It's My Life at home which came out brilliant and then said "**** It" for Limitless out of nothing but pure laziness? I just want to know who made that call?

Maybe they actually were playing live during those scenes and the edit came out terrible? But no, someone in the Jovi Camp said **** it instead?

Well I'm glad you guys have that inside source within the Jovi Camp to pull out that fact.

Old 05-23-2020, 05:00 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

We don't have the proof they didn't attempt it exactly like you don't have the proof they did so both sides are on literal equal playing fields. All we have is the end product which honestly wasn't even terrible!
Old 05-23-2020, 06:00 PM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
We don't have the proof they didn't attempt it exactly like you don't have the proof they did so both sides are on literal equal playing fields. All we have is the end product which honestly wasn't even terrible!
Right but the difference is, I'm providing tidbits of facts that help dismiss your opinions. The other side has nothing to go off of.

Old 05-23-2020, 06:01 PM
Posting everyday

How long are we gonna keep on beating this dead horse?

They didn't do it live. Probably sounded better because the track is overproduced as shit, but could've come across lazy in terms of them not really wanting to put more effort in it and probably wanting to avoid 3 days of online rehearsals to figure out how to play it etc.
Old 05-23-2020, 06:14 PM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
So who is the Jovi Camp? So they did It's My Life at home which came out brilliant and then said "**** It" for Limitless out of nothing but pure laziness? I just want to know who made that call?
We all know that Jon makes EVERY call in the Bon Jovi camp. The others may make suggestions, but it's ALWAYS Jon's call. He's the CEO Remember.

As for It's My Life, it's much easier to record an acoustic track than an electric track.
Maybe they did it and it did sound shit, but a band with their abilities that shouldn't be the case. So in my opinion, they never even tried at took the easy option. Lazy....

Quote:
Right but the difference is, I'm providing tidbits of facts that help dismiss your opinions. The other side has nothing to go off of.
You're really not. As usual you just believe that your own opinion is more right that anyone elses. It isn't. It's all just specualtion. I'm not sure why you always take it so personally when someone has a different opinion to you....

Last edited by Thinny; 05-23-2020 at 06:18 PM..

Tags
2020 (album)