Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

2020: The New Album

New Bon Jovi Releases

Old 05-23-2020, 06:49 PM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinny View Post
We all know that Jon makes EVERY call in the Bon Jovi camp. The others may make suggestions, but it's ALWAYS Jon's call. He's the CEO Remember.

As for It's My Life, it's much easier to record an acoustic track than an electric track.
Maybe they did it and it did sound shit, but a band with their abilities that shouldn't be the case. So in my opinion, they never even tried at took the easy option. Lazy....

You're really not. As usual you just believe that your own opinion is more right that anyone elses. It isn't. It's all just specualtion. I'm not sure why you always take it so personally when someone has a different opinion to you....
I forgot that you’re a professional musician and you know that 7 guys working out an arrangement on Zoom for a Nation Television debut is something that could be easily done.

Just like any other business, these guys probably aren’t contractually obligated to work past anything more than they have to. And I’m sure these guys don’t work for free either. They probably had a one day commitment.

Sure a song they’ve all played a million times could be done in one take. Easy! Face to face, they could probably hash out a new song in a couple of hours. From home, someone suggested 3 days. All it takes is one member to say "**** Off, I don't have 3 days"
Old 05-23-2020, 07:05 PM
I Don't Want To Post Forever

Send a message via MSN to liljovi93

I was saying to Dominik before, Stereophonics have a song on their latest album that I thought would be a staple in every show but it didn't get played once. My mate thinks it's because so much is going on in the background that it probably sounds not even half as effective live.

This could be the issue with Limitless. The production is so poor and so much is going on that with the five of them practicing/rehearsing at home, it just didn't work well.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Bon Jovi - Old Trafford - June 26th 2003
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 4th 2006
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 22nd 2008
Bon Jovi - Old Trafford Cricket Ground - June 24th 2011
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 8th 2013
Bon Jovi - Slane Castle - June 15th 2013
Bon Jovi - Hyde Park - July 5th 2013
Bon Jovi - London Palladium - October 10th 2016
Excuse me, has anyone got a bottle of orange juice?!

Not afraid of Burning Bridges, cause I know they're gonna light my way...
Old 05-23-2020, 07:10 PM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkopper View Post
I forgot that you’re a professional musician and you know that 7 guys working out an arrangement on Zoom for a Nation Television debut is something that could be easily done.
I'm not but I work with a lot of them and have actually been helping several bands with the socials through all of this. I'm well aware of what can and can't be done and how difficult or not it all is. But you don't have to be a pro musician to know how this stuff works. The most amateur of musicians can put together great sounding video and audio from their bedrooms nowadays. On equiptment far inferior to which the likes of the Bon Jovi guys will have.

Quote:
Just like any other business, these guys probably aren’t contractually obligated to work past anything more than they have to. And I’m sure these guys don’t work for free either. They probably had a one day commitment.
You're really clutching at straws now, bringing in contracts. I'm sure that has little to do with it. These guys will get paid very well to make themselves available as and when Jon requires them to be...

Quote:
Sure a song they’ve all played a million times could be done in one take. Easy! Face to face, they could probably hash out a new song in a couple of hours. From home, someone suggested 3 days. All it takes is one member to say "**** Off, I don't have 3 days"
If you think any band member is going to tell Jon that, I really wonder what band you think you are following here!? Who would tell their boss to F off anyways? No one....that's probably one of the reasons certain members are not part of the band anymore...

Why wouldn't they have 3 days. They are not exactly going to be busy at the moment are they.

Last edited by Thinny; 05-23-2020 at 07:17 PM..
Old 05-23-2020, 07:15 PM
Jovi Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by liljovi93 View Post
I was saying to Dominik before, Stereophonics have a song on their latest album that I thought would be a staple in every show but it didn't get played once. My mate thinks it's because so much is going on in the background that it probably sounds not even half as effective live.

This could be the issue with Limitless. The production is so poor and so much is going on that with the five of them practicing/rehearsing at home, it just didn't work well.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

I agree Jay, I think they picked the lesser of the two evils and went with what they would have done had they actually been on the show. Either way they can't win, if it sounds like ass live then a national audience voices their criticism, if they take the easy route then live purists are nailing them to the cross. I will say for a song that most don't like anyway this performance has gotten a ton of debate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-23-2020, 07:20 PM
Posting Always

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic View Post
Aloha !

But really, how hard is it for this band to come up with something? I feel as if people who think it's hard to put together a song like Limitless have little to no experience how to put a song together they supposedly recorded together. If I remember well you play (or played?) in a band. Surely you ought to know it's really not that hard to play a song?

We're not talking about Pink Floyd or a prog rock band with tempo changes, alternate tunings etc. We're talking about a band who appearantly according to some over here can't play a pop song and need to resort to miming to a backing track.

It's as if people who have come to accept this mediocre attempt at promoting a song think it's actually difficult to do this. It isn't. But it takes effort, and Bon Jovi haven't put any effort into promoting an album in well over a decade now. They've had a chance to go out and promote a song for a rather large audience and they phone it in while there's bands out there on youTube with not even 10% of the audience that watches Bon Jovi and yet do better performances.

There just aren't any excuses for this. And yet people feel the need to make them just so they can justify another low for this band.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Been going on for years with many bands. Get over it. You’re wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-23-2020, 08:33 PM
These Days

Quote:
Based on everything Jon has played live on during the pandemic, I bet he was initially down for a full live version. There were probably other elements that stopped it. And there could be a million reasons for it...
I agree there could be a million reasons for it; but I think you hit the nail on the head in the first part of that paragraph. Everything that's been done live since the tour ended has been Jon. By himself. And tbh, as far as Jovi is concerned, Jon seems to be the only one who cares about doing anything live or promoting anything related to the new album.

Jon seems to be trying hard to maintain a presence in the media, especially since the pandemic started and it became clear the album and tour would be delayed. He's been doing that himself; but to counteract the negative feedback about how Jon-centric it's all become, he may have felt pressure to start including the band more. Or maybe The Voice was only interested in a full band performance. Unfortunately, it seems like the hired guns couldn't care less.

I don't know jack about what's involved in putting together something like this; but as to why Jon's vocal is live and the guys are miming a studio track, my first guess would be it's because, based on comments from Jon and Phil-X, it's been Jon's project from the git and there hasn't been a lot of input from the rest of them to start with. Maybe the band sees little point in going to the trouble of recording something "live" that Jon may or may not approve of, since he doesn't seem to want anything other than what he and Shanks have already decided on, anyway. If they're just going to duplicate tracks that were laid down by Shanks originally, why bother; when they could just act like they're playing.

Just my $0.02.
Old 05-23-2020, 09:22 PM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieBlue View Post
I agree there could be a million reasons for it; but I think you hit the nail on the head in the first part of that paragraph. Everything that's been done live since the tour ended has been Jon. By himself. And tbh, as far as Jovi is concerned, Jon seems to be the only one who cares about doing anything live or promoting anything related to the new album.

Jackie, you're spinning this in the wrong direction. It's not that guys don't care and it's all about JBJ.

Don't forget, Dave was publicly sick with the Corona virus throughout the majority of this self isolation... Jon can't expect him to perform.

So Jon did little solo stints during that duration. Nothing wrong with that.

Down the road, they performed an at home version of Its My Life. Came out awesome...

Regardless if it was time constraints, it's didn't come out right, or contractual, they went with a playback. Call it what you want. If you're smart enough to understand it, awesome! If you just like the band took the lazy way out, good for you.

If they performed a song like Its My Life to a playback, I'd agree that it was lazy but a new song....

I think it's all the above. The band didn't have the time to put in to make a great outcome for a new song so they we the safe route with the playback. I don't blame Jon, I don't think it was lazy.

I'm moving on.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk
Old 05-23-2020, 09:35 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

I think we all should just move on. Short of a statement from the band we're not all going to agree and that's totally okay
Old 05-23-2020, 09:54 PM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
I think we all should just move on. Short of a statement from the band we're not all going to agree and that's totally okay
Agree!!!

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk
Old 05-23-2020, 10:38 PM
Jovi FANatic

I think they just care for Limitless as little as we do.

Tags
2020 (album)