Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

Richie Sambora!!!

General BJ Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2018, 07:17 PM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovi90 View Post
And I simply want his return because I miss the spirit that once made me a fan. Even with a washed-up guitarist and a singer with a ****ed-up voice, I still hope to see the occasional flashes of brilliance again. Plus Jon needs his side-kick on stage and IF it's ever gonna happen, that'll be the reason why Richie would be able to rejoin.
What he said.

I don't remember who it was, but right after the induction, someone here posted that even if Richie's performance that night was less than stellar, the HOF proved what had been missing in the band. And I agree. Richie, and especially the chemistry between him and Jon, makes all the difference in the world.

Old 08-02-2018, 08:31 PM
Jovi Addict

I don't see Richie returning. Neither wants it. I don't think Richie misses the music or the touring or it wouldn't have taken years to complete his last project and RSO would have been playing wherever they could to build their brand, get some credibility and remake his name/image. Vanity projects are costly and do not work.
Jon provided the boundaries and rules Richie needed as a musician. Without Jon, Richie hasn't been the frontman he thinks he is as he doesn't have the extreme work ethic Jon is known for.
By the time Jon would even consider it as a last economic hurrah, Richie will be even more embarrassing to watch. Jon is smart. He knew he would get old on stage and he let his image evolve. Actually it is kind of weird as Jon and Phil are close in age and obviously it still works for Phil to be a rocker and even more so when he is with the Drills.
Richie wants to look and act like he did years ago and it doesn't work probably due to the effects of long-term drug/alcohol issues. Having said all this, I really like the guy and I have no interest in buying a ticket to see Bon Jovi without him.
You Europeans and your attitude. I remember when Richie walked, you were sure Jon would have to cancel the European tour. It was ok for Bon Jovi to play without Richie in the US but no way would it be acceptable for Europe. Bon Jovi toured Europe and sold tickets. Now this conversation is starting over yet again.

Old 08-02-2018, 08:32 PM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieBlue View Post
What he said.

I don't remember who it was, but right after the induction, someone here posted that even if Richie's performance that night was less than stellar, the HOF proved what had been missing in the band. And I agree. Richie, and especially the chemistry between him and Jon, makes all the difference in the world.
Same for me...the chemistry between Jon and Richie is what made the band special....without it there is a huge gap that can never be filled...

Last edited by Thinny; 08-02-2018 at 08:38 PM..
Old 08-02-2018, 08:36 PM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SadieLady View Post
You Europeans and your attitude. I remember when Richie walked, you were sure Jon would have to cancel the European tour. It was ok for Bon Jovi to play without Richie in the US but no way would it be acceptable for Europe. Bon Jovi toured Europe and sold tickets. Now this conversation is starting over yet again.
Fans in Europe are very different from fans in the US. Even the band themselves admit that. there's a reason that the band have rarely been here in the last 5 years and it's not just because jon can't be arsed...

Last edited by Thinny; 08-02-2018 at 08:52 PM..
Old 08-02-2018, 08:54 PM
Jovi Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinny View Post
Fans in Europe are very different from fans in the US. Even the band themselves admit that.
Absolutely. Different but no more or less deserving. The point I was making is that Jon didn't cancel the European shows when Richie left. I just don't want you to be disappointed yet again when Bon Jovi tours Europe without Richie.

Old 08-02-2018, 09:06 PM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SadieLady View Post
Absolutely. Different but no more or less deserving. The point I was making is that Jon didn't cancel the European shows when Richie left. I just don't want you to be disappointed yet again when Bon Jovi tours Europe without Richie.
It's not about deserving or not. you're completely missing the point.

No, they didn't cancel the European shows, but they also haven't toured Europe since the 2013 shows, which were already announced when Richie decided to leave.....coincidence? What makes you think they are suddently going to start now?

I know a lot of Bon Jovi fans and nearly all of them said they wouldn't go and see the band without Richie and most of ones that did see them on that one solitary tour said that they wouldn't do it again....

The fans over here that only care about how many times Jon shakes his ass dissapeared a long time ago....

ps. I didn't have an attituede until you posted "You Europeans and your attitude" - uncalled for! All i said that was it WOULD make a difference to the size of the audience in the UK and Europe if Richie came back. Which it would, so...

Last edited by Thinny; 08-02-2018 at 09:13 PM..
Old 08-02-2018, 09:42 PM
Keep the Faith

They didn't tour Europe because Jon's voice is f*cked up with which he barely can satisfy a arena and there's no way he'd make it through European stadiums.
The real fans don't sell out the stadiums, the non-commited music fans who like to see a big band when they're in town, those folks sell out the stadiums.

I'm absolutely with you that Jon needs his sidekick, that Bon Jovi-magic is only happening with Richie, that the HoF performance showed what was missing. I agree on all those points.
But the HoF performance also showed something else: It was a rehearsed 4 song perfomance and even during those rehearsed 4 songs Richie's play was sloppy and out of time (partial). His solo performances with Ori all were a mess. He isn't the Richie we used to know anymore. And even during his last 5+ years in Bon Jovi he's been bashed all the time for his sloppiness - nowadays it's even worse.
Bon Jovi missed the chance to use their HoF induction for promotion, they missed various chances for anniversary releases, shows or even tours (Slippery, New Jersey, Keep The Faith). Pigs might fly if they get the idea to promote a reunion with Richie.

And there's still one point that must not be underestimated: Richie left 21 shows in a world tour with another 82 shows following. The reason behind this move doesn't matter - this was and still is an unreliability that can't be ignored. And this wasn't the only time (e.g. band rehearsal for the BBC radio show in 2013 where he chose to watch a football game instead of showing up for rehearsal).

I would love a reunited Bon Jovi, but I don't believe in it.
Old 08-02-2018, 09:43 PM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faceman View Post
They didn't tour Europe because Jon's voice is f*cked up with which he barely can satisfy a arena and there's no way he'd make it through European stadiums.
The real fans don't sell out the stadiums, the non-commited music fans who like to see a big band when they're in town, those folks sell out the stadiums.

I'm absolutely with you that Jon needs his sidekick, that Bon Jovi-magic is only happening with Richie, that the HoF performance showed what was missing. I agree on all those points.
But the HoF performance also showed something else: It was a rehearsed 4 song perfomance and even during those rehearsed 4 songs Richie's play was sloppy and out of time (partial). His solo performances with Ori all were a mess. He isn't the Richie we used to know anymore. And even during his last 5+ years in Bon Jovi he's been bashed all the time for his sloppiness - nowadays it's even worse.
Bon Jovi missed the chance to use their HoF induction for promotion, they missed various chances for anniversary releases, shows or even tours (Slippery, New Jersey, Keep The Faith). Pigs might fly if they get the idea to promote a reunion with Richie.

And there's still one point that must not be underestimated: Richie left 21 shows in a world tour with another 82 shows following. The reason behind this move doesn't matter - this was and still is an unreliability that can't be ignored. And this wasn't the only time (e.g. band rehearsal for the BBC radio show in 2013 where he chose to watch a football game instead of showing up for rehearsal).

I would love a reunited Bon Jovi, but I don't believe in it.
He killed it in SA

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
Old 08-02-2018, 09:45 PM
Keep the Faith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkopper View Post
He killed it in SA

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
If that's the new benchmark - good night
Old 08-02-2018, 09:48 PM
The Distance

Quote: