Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

If you were Jon, would you read this board?

General BJ Discussion

Old 03-09-2018, 09:38 PM
Jovi Freak

****ing Cadillac Man isn't even that good of a song. Wasn't there another song they were shown writing in a video doc around the NJ era (could have been Moscow Peace)? Plus The Sole Truth. There's even a French studio version of Cadillac Man; the song by all means has served its purpose for the band.

Old 03-09-2018, 09:47 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Fighter for Love I think it was. Same rhyming scheme as Undivided haha.
Old 03-09-2018, 10:18 PM
Blame it on the love of posting

Maybe the question should be ask differently:

"If you knew Jon was reading this forum, would you still post the usual sh*t?"

I was accused once of being an insensitive b*tch for saying out loud *aka complain, whine, etc* that I actually thought Richie was drunk here or there, because to that person it was 1) untrue 2) others actually read it 3) ppl close to Richie read me, too.

Does it mean I need to shut the f**k up bc it could hurt some other people's feelings? I don't mean trolling and hurting others on purpose, but just stating the obvious and not being afraid of it?

If we say that Jon's voice is so shot it's unlistenable, do we actually attack the guy because he's a legend and has the right to do whatever he pleases bc hey, there will always be folks who wil pay for it anyway? Does it mean Jon should retire as the frontman of the rock group or we should retire as his fans?

Where is the fine line of being sharp and being blunt?
Old 03-09-2018, 10:39 PM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eveline View Post
Maybe the question should be ask differently:
"If you knew Jon was reading this forum, would you still post the usual sh*t?"
Absolutely -- because I can! Having to post "the usual sh*t" on Backstage is the reason why a lot of us ended up here!

Remember how we used to talk about busting out? We'd break their hearts together...forever...

You and me and our old friends / hoping it would never end / holding on to never say goodbye...

Last edited by rocknation; 03-09-2018 at 10:59 PM..
Old 03-09-2018, 10:43 PM
Jovi Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
Fighter for Love I think it was. Same rhyming scheme as Undivided haha.
Got a link to the longest available portion of it? I remember that one sounding rather promising, but certainly don't recall the home video one I've seen contanining enough stuff to make out the general rhymhing scheme.
Old 03-09-2018, 10:49 PM
This Post Feels Right

Yeah 19:57
Old 03-09-2018, 11:26 PM
Price of posting

Hey Jon, do not listen to them, you just have to release some Eps with songs from the vault from time to time to keep them happy, they will fall at your feet, believe me.
Old 03-09-2018, 11:28 PM
Jovi Freak

Thanks! So that's post NJ, pre KTF?
Old 03-09-2018, 11:35 PM
This Post Feels Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi View Post
Hey Jon, do not listen to them, you just have to release some Eps with songs from the vault from time to time to keep them happy, they will fall at your feet, believe me.
Jon, please don't listen to Rolo if you're doing this to make money. You tried this with American XS and it failed and people got their money refunded. Find a way to release old songs but understand people probably won't want to pay for it and the audience that wants this is pretty slim. Digital is the way to go.
Old 03-09-2018, 11:53 PM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eveline View Post
Maybe the question should be ask differently: "If you knew Jon was reading this forum, would you still post the usual sh*t?"...Where is the fine line of being sharp and being blunt?
I don't think of it as sharp or blunt. I think of it as being honest and straightforward. For me, it has to do more with intent. I try not to say anything just to be mean, or with the intent of hurting anyone's feelings; but I don't pull my punches either. I don't think I've said anything here that I wouldn't say to Jon's face or anyone else's for that matter.

To answer the OP's question, though, I've said before that if Jon isn't reading boards, or if someone from his staff isn't monitoring them and submitting summaries of both good and bad, they're missing out on a wealth of honest unsolicited feedback that marketing groups would pay small fortunes for.

And I seem to remember back before THINFS was released that Jon said he thought the tour would start in February, but that it was a "hope" and he didn't want to read on the internet that 'Jon said' it was going to start in February. So he must have read some of it somewhere at one time or another in order to know how people quote (and MISquote) him.