Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

iHeart Radio Awards, Icon Award, March 11,2018

General BJ Discussion

Old 03-13-2018, 02:03 PM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenobi_on_a_prayer View Post
Eh, Jon's performance wasn't that bad. Mind you it wasn't good either, but I was bracing myself for a lot worse after reading all the comments. (Maybe my standards have just gotten too low but y'all can be the judge of that.)

I did see Jon casually mention touring Australia and Japan...
Agree......

Old 03-14-2018, 10:34 AM
Price of posting

This is how relevant Jovi are.

Theres a shit rag paper in England that did a two page spread on these awards...They never even mentioned who won the Icon award - it was all about no marks like twats from One Direction and their pathetic solo songs and other artists.
No mention of Bon Jovi at all.
Wembley Arena 90, Wembley Arena 93, MK Bowl 93, Wembley Stadium 95, MK Bowl 96, Wembley Stadium 00, MK Bowl 01, Hyde Park 03, MK Bowl 06, o2 07, Twickenham 08, o2 10 (x2), Hyde Park 13, London Palladium 16, Wembley 19
Follow me: @iam_emmo
Old 03-14-2018, 09:24 PM
Hardest Part is the Night

I suffered through the awards show (it was SO BAD) just to watch Bon Jovi. I was on an overnight trip with my Mom, so I told her ahead of time that I was worried about their performance. They did NOT fit in at that awards show. Anyway, I cringed every time Jon attempted (and missed) the high notes. I cringed that he didn’t move away from the mic. When he jumps in between lyrics, it’s alnost worse than no moving at all, because it emphasizes his death grip on the mic while singing.
When it was over, I felt sad for them. I wouldn’t be surprised if this is the last real tour for them, aside from a few one offs and Jon’s Suburbia band. I don’t have tickets yet, but I’m hoping to see a show, because I’m not sure they’ll be another tour.
BTW, they have been slashing ticket prices like crazy for upcoming shows. All seats for Vegas are currently half price. Little Rock has tons of seats available, 2nd row seats were reduced to $116. They aren’t selling like they use to, and they aren’t making nearly as much per ticket with all these last minute discounts.
Old 03-14-2018, 09:30 PM
Next 100 Posts

I know places like this board have been discussing Jon's voice endlessly for years now. However, this text from a friend of mine illustrates that people who have only a minimum to casual interest in the band are noticing, too.

My friend texted me on Tuesday morning:
Quote:
You are more up on Bon Jovi news than I am. I saw their performance on the iHeartRadio music awards. His vocals were pretty rough. He just looked like he was struggling. Is he having issues as of late?
IMO (and of course, it's only one guy's opinion) this will damage the reputation of the band longer-term (if there is a longer term) as people will only do a show or two more with obviously poor vocals from the frontman of the band (especially since he sticks to the microphone stand like glue for much of the show). I almost don't want them to perform at the RRHoF ceremony because then the whole world will know our "dirty little secret" about JBJ's voice.

Admittedly, I was a big Richie fan but moved on and accepted the new Bon Jovi once it was clear this is the new normal. I really enjoyed THINFS as an album (better than much of the last decade, IMO), but there's NO CHANCE I'm buying a ticket to any show, not because RS is absent, but because Jon can't sing and, if I'm spending that kind of cash, I want a lead singer who's able to carry the load.
Old 03-15-2018, 01:57 PM
Super Moderator
It's my post

Jon's voice up until 2013 at least sounded like him so he.could at least get away with it. From 2015 onwards it's totally different and you can't not notice it.
* Shepherds Bush 1998 (Richie) * Wembley Stadium 2000 * Milton Keynes 2001 * Wembley Arena 2002 * Hyde Park 2003 * Ricoh Arena 2006 * St Marys 2006 * Milton Keynes 2006 * O2 Arena 2007 * St Marys 2008 * Manchester 2008 * Ricoh Arena 2008 * Ashton Gate 2008 * Twickenham x2 2008 * O2 Arena x8 2010 * Hard Rock Calling 2011 * Shepherds Bush 2012 (Richie) *Etihad Manchester 2013 * Villa Park 2013 * Hyde Park 2013 *O2 Islington 2014 (Richie) *London Palladium 2016 * O2 Arena 2016 (RSO)

*Twitter * * YouTube*
Old 03-15-2018, 08:42 PM
Dry County

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdanielross View Post
IMO (and of course, it's only one guy's opinion) this will damage the reputation of the band longer-term (if there is a longer term) as people will only do a show or two more with obviously poor vocals from the frontman of the band (especially since he sticks to the microphone stand like glue for much of the show). I almost don't want them to perform at the RRHoF ceremony because then the whole world will know our "dirty little secret" about JBJ's voice.

Admittedly, I was a big Richie fan but moved on and accepted the new Bon Jovi once it was clear this is the new normal. I really enjoyed THINFS as an album (better than much of the last decade, IMO), but there's NO CHANCE I'm buying a ticket to any show, not because RS is absent, but because Jon can't sing and, if I'm spending that kind of cash, I want a lead singer who's able to carry the load.
I thoroughly agree. How the hell Jon still has enough balls to do full-length shows regularly with his voice sounding like this is beyond me:

https://youtu.be/M3BSFIWJmGY