Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

If you were Jon, would you read this board?

General BJ Discussion

Old 03-08-2018, 05:53 PM
Runaway

Default If you were Jon, would you read this board?

First of all, i don´t think Jon read any comments anywhere on a regular basis. Since he´s a control freak (i´m not trashing him, there´s pros and cons about it) and the comments are uncontrollable, he won´t loose his sleep on them.

Back to the question, neither would i. Although this board has some very good insights, i think anyone would loose their mind, focus and originality with the amount of opinion throw here. I´d probably have a guy who would read the ´die hard` boards about me and would filter the most relevant information. But that guy should be a real friend (close person), or he would it be too scare to give you the harsh (but relevant) comments.

Maybe, that´s what Jon does now, i just remembered that WWBTF didn´t have a guitar solo, but after reading some comments, they add one (still a crappy song lol)

Last edited by brunorc21; 03-08-2018 at 06:11 PM..

Old 03-08-2018, 06:03 PM
Blame it on the love of posting

Send a message via MSN to jon-flp

Quote:
Originally Posted by brunorc21 View Post
Maybe, that´s what Jon does now, i just remembered that WWBTF didn´t have a guitar solo, but after the reading some comments, they add one (still a crappy song lol)
I remember richie saying that he received a lot of e-mails. Don't remeber he saying comments, whatever.

I don't think he reads this board. If he read, he would probably not be on tour for a while.
Old 03-08-2018, 06:05 PM
Retired Super Moderator
Crush

The only way to maintain sanity would to not read this board.

At the same time, most people would find it tempting to see what people were saying about them. I really hope he doesn’t read this board. I imagine someone in the organization monitors fan boards though. It’s an easy way to get public feedback.
Old 03-08-2018, 08:20 PM
Dry County

Sometimes I hope he or someone from the BJ camp reads the shit we all post here, sometimes I hope for the opposite. But I agree, I would have someone read the forums, but perhaps they only do that for Backstage? Who knows...

If someone's reading: what's it with that wine name? "Hampton Water" I could've lived with, and it would've made sens, but "Diving Into Hampton Water"? Really? I know, I've watched that french interview where they said that the diver stood for the transition from water into wine, but... seriously?
Old 03-08-2018, 09:10 PM
Jovi Freak

Didn't Obie say something about "the people at DryCounty" when the boxset was released? That even the die-hards from here wouldn't know most tracks?
Old 03-08-2018, 09:50 PM
The Voice of Reason
Destination any Forum

No, I would not read this board. I would, and I do believe there are those within the Bon Jovi camp that are tasked with, have someone read over both Backstage and Dry County to look for useful feedback.

Reading the complaints against my voice, or the assumptions made over my actions and business decisions would be demoralizing. It's like reading comments on FB, YouTube, news articles.. you know that 99% of the time it's not going to be pretty and may as well not subject yourself.

Even as a participant here, I have a love / hate relationship with it. I love when others inspire me to pay attention to details in songs I never noticed before, get me to change my mind about something in a positive sense, or just get me passionate about anything related to the band in general.

The negativity, on the other hand, shits on what should be fun. It rarely serves any purpose other than to let the complainer feel clever, even while not yet realizing they really should be channeling that energy into something positive. That's not to say criticism isn't warranted and shouldn't be shared, but making it a mission to get everyone else on board by hammering your position (regardless of what it is) when the end result is only negativity towards a song/album or the band is really quite juvenile. I may not be happy with Jon's voice, the existence of Bad Medicine, or I Love This Town, but I'm not going to spend my days creating post after post declaring I hate it and why you should, too.
Old 03-08-2018, 11:55 PM
Something for the Posts

If the record label or management hasn't had a hired "sock puppet" to have an account, lurk around here, and report back to Jon, they should. Even negativity can contain the inconvenient truth they need!

Remember how we used to talk about busting out? We'd break their hearts together...forever...

You and me and our old friends / hoping it would never end / holding on to never say goodbye...

Last edited by rocknation; 03-09-2018 at 12:03 AM..
Old 03-09-2018, 12:58 AM
Keep the Faith

I do believe that Jon does not even know that this board exists.
MADRID-22/5/2003 / MILTON KEYNES-10 & 11/6/2006 / LONDON-24/6/2007 / STUTTGART-29/5/2008 / BARCELONA-1/6/2008 / LONDON-27 & 28/6/2008 / NEW JERSEY-26 & 27/5/2010 / MADRID-4/6/2010 / PARIS-16/6/2010 / MADRID-6/11/2010 / DRESDEN-10/6/2011 / MUNICH-12/6/2011 / ZEEBRUGGE-24/7/2011 / BARCELONA-27/7/2011 / SAN SEBASTIAN-29/7/2011 / LISBON-31/7/2011 / RICHIE SAMBORA-LONDON-16/10/12 / BERLIN-18/6/13 / KOLN-22/6/13 / MADRID-27/6/13 / MILANO-29/6/13 / LIVERPOOL-19/6/19 / LONDON-21/6/19 / MADRID-7/7/19
Old 03-09-2018, 01:03 AM
Something for the Posts

I think Jon has better things to do...

I'm sure someone on the Bon Jovi staff keeps an eye on online activity though....
Old 03-09-2018, 04:59 AM
Jovi Freak

I think JBJ is so lazy for some things.
Myself I tried to read here and I can’t!, you write too much >_< jajaj
I remember that Matt didn’t know the song Cadillac man >_< lol