Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Lost Lost Highway Duets Album

General BJ Discussion

Old 03-11-2018, 09:42 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi
Default The Lost Lost Highway Duets Album

Alright, this is going to sound crazy but I was thinking.....In 2006-2007ish when word started leaking out that a country album was being worked on the first thing we heard was it wasn't a band album. Does anyone remember this? It started out as Jon and Richie going to Nashville to record a duets album to take advantage of how well Who Says....did for them. Listening to a song like We Got It Goin' On that a) is a duet song and b) Has lyrics that name drop Jon and Richie directly makes me wonder if this was the first step.

That being said we know of no other duets from that time period. Leann Rimes joined the project at the 11th hour forcing them to rerecord the song in a different key last minute. There was a few posters here who have the info that Tico played on half of the album (what half it was I think we could figure out based on video footage and what sounds like him)

We'll never know for sure but any thoughts?

Old 03-11-2018, 11:34 PM
Price of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
Alright, this is going to sound crazy but I was thinking.....In 2006-2007ish when word started leaking out that a country album was being worked on the first thing we heard was it wasn't a band album. Does anyone remember this? It started out as Jon and Richie going to Nashville to record a duets album to take advantage of how well Who Says....did for them. Listening to a song like We Got It Goin' On that a) is a duet song and b) Has lyrics that name drop Jon and Richie directly makes me wonder if this was the first step.

That being said we know of no other duets from that time period. Leann Rimes joined the project at the 11th hour forcing them to rerecord the song in a different key last minute. There was a few posters here who have the info that Tico played on half of the album (what half it was I think we could figure out based on video footage and what sounds like him)

We'll never know for sure but any thoughts?
I have vague memories, since my father fell ill and died soon after, but I believe that his theory is correct. First it was Jon's project, to make a country album with some duets, but then Richie joined the equation. I think Jon said at one point that it was going to be an album of Jon and Richie with other artists, but then they changed course and the band joined when they were already in the middle of the recording.

It would be interesting to hear Strangers Anymore only Jon on vocals.

Last edited by rolo_tomachi; 03-11-2018 at 11:37 PM..
Old 03-11-2018, 11:50 PM
Something for the Posts

I remember hearing about to duets album too. I think a "Jon Bon Jovi, Richie Sambora & Friends" album would have been very interesting...
Old 03-11-2018, 11:58 PM
Something for the Posts

Actually, there's a thought. What if JBJ and RS did reconnect over the Hall of Fame thing, but Richie still didn't want to come back to the band and/or Jon wanted to carry on with the current line up, BUT they decided to work together on an album under the name "Jon Bon Jovi and Richie Sambora", followed my a short tour of smaller venues with just the 2 of them doing an acoustic show. Hell, I would pay very good money to see that!! Just dreaming I know...

Last edited by Thinny; 03-12-2018 at 12:03 AM..
Old 03-12-2018, 12:09 AM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

I would be all for that!
Old 03-12-2018, 12:14 AM
These Days

I'd buy that ticket. More than once!