Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

2020: The New Album

New Bon Jovi Releases

Old 02-21-2020, 11:20 PM
Wanted Dead or Alive

After initally not liking Limitless, it's grown on me.

I like Unbroken, even if some fans dislike it.

The problem with fans, is that the majority have a vision of 80's/90's style of music of Bon Jovi. Yes when Jon retires all the fans will remember that era, but to dismiss anything since that era is wrong. Jon can write good songs, he's just lost the power in his voice, if Jon can say I can't have an Voice Surgery, or happy with his voice, fans can decide to stay with the band or leave.....I do think Jon, should answer this as fans still are hoping for a miracle.....But replacing John Shanks, or bringing Ritchie (back on the last album) won't mask Jon's current situation. Yes, I like more Guitar ( hopefully someone may, have a word) more rockish songs, but he's limited to his current vocal situation.

And hasn't Jon earned the right to make music that he wants? even if as fans we disagree? With the success of the past, he can do what he wants, even if he may risk losing fans, and of course the ridicule of his current voice.

Last edited by jovifan85; 02-21-2020 at 11:25 PM..
Old 02-21-2020, 11:26 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi View Post
Producer, Associated Performer, Guitar, Keyboards, Background Vocalist: John Shanks

and Tico
NEED A NEW DRUMMER? - Perfect Drums Plugin - YouTube
Dave is credited as playing keyboards on it and doing background vocals you can hear him clearly.

Why are people acting like they didnt play on the song? It's very milquetoast, bland, uninspired playing but it's Tico, Dave, Shanks, Phil and Hugh. 0.0 percent reason to believe otherwise. I'm mad that it doesnt have an organic band feel not mad because it's session musicians.
Old 02-21-2020, 11:34 PM
Something for the Posts

Unhappy

The drums do sound very programmed/processed to me, but I think it's just the way Shanks produces them. I miss Tico's natural drum sound.
Old 02-22-2020, 12:16 AM
Price of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru View Post
You all are overreacting like little babies, the song and video is good compared with Because We Can or This House Is Not For Sale. I like it (though the video is a tiny boring), huh!

P.S. the rest of the "band" is almost invisible... >_< lol

Have you noticed how much camera time the other band members get? It’s not much more than unbroken!
Also when the camera does land on the other members it’s for a millisecond but they are also blurred out when Jbj is in shot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Wembley Arena 90, Wembley Arena 93, MK Bowl 93, Wembley Stadium 95, MK Bowl 96, Wembley Stadium 00, MK Bowl 01, Hyde Park 03, MK Bowl 06, o2 07, Twickenham 08, o2 10 (x2), Hyde Park 13, London Palladium 16, Wembley 19
Follow me: @iam_emmo
Old 02-22-2020, 01:06 AM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinny View Post
The drums do sound very programmed/processed to me, but I think it's just the way Shanks produces them. I miss Tico's natural drum sound.
Yeah they sound way way way over produced. But listen to the way they kick in at the start, it's not a drum machine, it's just produced bad stupidly.
Old 02-22-2020, 02:36 AM
Price of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by jovifan85 View Post
After initally not liking Limitless, it's grown on me.

I like Unbroken, even if some fans dislike it.

The problem with fans, is that the majority have a vision of 80's/90's style of music of Bon Jovi. Yes when Jon retires all the fans will remember that era, but to dismiss anything since that era is wrong. Jon can write good songs, he's just lost the power in his voice, if Jon can say I can't have an Voice Surgery, or happy with his voice, fans can decide to stay with the band or leave.....I do think Jon, should answer this as fans still are hoping for a miracle.....But replacing John Shanks, or bringing Ritchie (back on the last album) won't mask Jon's current situation. Yes, I like more Guitar ( hopefully someone may, have a word) more rockish songs, but he's limited to his current vocal situation.

And hasn't Jon earned the right to make music that he wants? even if as fans we disagree? With the success of the past, he can do what he wants, even if he may risk losing fans, and of course the ridicule of his current voice.
Jon has always been free to do what he wants. And fans also have that freedom to express the things we like and those we don't like.

It is not a vision of the 80s / 90s. It is the same vision of the last 15 years. That's the problem. Everything sounds worn. and without guitars.

Limitless is only a one song. Maybe the next single is amazing.

Last edited by rolo_tomachi; 02-22-2020 at 02:49 AM..
Old 02-22-2020, 02:41 AM
The Distance

So now three days in and after watching the video, I have to admit that the song is definitely growing on me.

Don't get me wrong, terrible lyrics, no chorus and that bridge makes me wish I had a real one to jump off of however, there is something that is hooking me in.

"On a night like this, one prayer, one wish" has that little punch that is starting to grow on me.

BTW, not sure if this was mentioned but there are definitely a lot of synergies between both this song & video and It's My Life.

I think this is supposed to be a little homage being that it's 20 years later.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
Old 02-22-2020, 02:47 AM
Price of posting

10 tracks. Any hope of bonus tracks? maybe wallmart? physical editions or from Japan? I like the bonus tracks.
Old 02-22-2020, 03:22 AM
Jovi Addict

Quote:
10 tracks. Any hope of bonus tracks? maybe wallmart? physical editions or from Japan? I like the bonus tracks.
Jon written about 25 songs for the album,so I think there will be bonus tracks, otherwise he'll keep them for the next box set....
"or they will remain in his computer forever"
Old 02-22-2020, 10:09 AM
Hardest Part is the Night

Quote:
It's kinda well known that the singles aren't the best songs on the album, so I'm really looking forward to the rest of the album and bonus tracks.

Limitless isn't the worst sing ever for me, neither is Unbroken, but it's a shame they, whoever that may be, is sticking to the same worn formula...

Tags
2020 (album)