Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

Fields Of Fire - Studio Track -Recorded on KTF or TD sessions??

General BJ Discussion

Old 09-26-2022, 07:25 PM
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Supersonic

Aloha !

Quote:
Originally Posted by cqleonardo View Post
why not share with us, mere mortals?
Because she's spend money on it and she'd rather let everyone know she's got something exclusive in the hope people will send her messages with other exclusive stuff to trade.

The real collectors don't share what's out there. There's a reason why Mona Lisa hasn't leaked to the public. Once you'll let someone know you've got something rare loads of entitled people will start sending you messages claiming you should share it with them.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Old 10-03-2022, 02:48 PM
Livin' on a Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic View Post
Aloha !

Because she's spend money on it and she'd rather let everyone know she's got something exclusive in the hope people will send her messages with other exclusive stuff to trade.

The real collectors don't share what's out there. There's a reason why Mona Lisa hasn't leaked to the public. Once you'll let someone know you've got something rare loads of entitled people will start sending you messages claiming you should share it with them.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
real collectors are crazy people, totally get that the person spent money on the stuff and wants more rare stuff to trade but, especially nowadays, its very hard to get new stuff that isn't out there.... you collect a bunch of files on a hard drive that people all around the world wanna listen, what if you die? your entire family has generations of Jovi fanatics that gonna keep going this business? i don't think so. every single thing I ever got my hands on it, I shared. never kept anything to myself, the fun thing about being in this fandom is knowing that people like the same stuff as I do and makes them happy what makes me happy
Keep The Faith
Bounce
Lost Highway
This House Is Not For Sale
Crush
The Circle
Bon Jovi
7800º Fahrenheit
Have A Nice Day
Burning Bridges
What About Now
Old 10-03-2022, 04:50 PM
Jovi Freak

David Bryan's lawyers told me to not share
Old 10-09-2022, 03:50 PM
Breakout

I have Fields of Fire on a UK These Days 2 CD special edition. On the inner flap of this it lists the bonus tracks on the second CD and states by Field of Fire 'Recorded at the "Keep The Faith" sessions, Vancouver 1992'
Old 10-09-2022, 04:02 PM
Breakout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lak View Post
I have Fields of Fire on a UK These Days 2 CD special edition. On the inner flap of this it lists the bonus tracks on the second CD and states by Field of Fire 'Recorded at the "Keep The Faith" sessions, Vancouver 1992'
That said however it also says by Lets Make it Baby 'Recorded at the New Jersey sessions 1988' but I'm pretty sure this particular version wasn't as it's a quite a different version to the one on the New Jersey demos and New Jersey deluxe album, and I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that this was recorded for These Days. Therefore i'm now thinking that that maybe the text is wrong by the Fields of Fire listing and that perhaps it was recorded after all
Old 10-09-2022, 04:41 PM
Wanted Dead or Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lak View Post
That said however it also says by Lets Make it Baby 'Recorded at the New Jersey sessions 1988' but I'm pretty sure this particular version wasn't as it's a quite a different version to the one on the New Jersey demos and New Jersey deluxe album, and I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that this was recorded for These Days. Therefore i'm now thinking that that maybe the text is wrong by the Fields of Fire listing and that perhaps it was recorded after all
No, that version of Let's Make It Baby is definitely from the New Jersey sessions. Jon's vocals are unmistakably from that era. They most likely recorded multiple takes of the song, just like they did with other songs as well.
Old 10-09-2022, 04:58 PM
Breakout

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazeofglory View Post
No, that version of Let's Make It Baby is definitely from the New Jersey sessions. Jon's vocals are unmistakably from that era. They most likely recorded multiple takes of the song, just like they did with other songs as well.
Ok thank you. That's the version they should have put on the New Jersey Deluxe set then in my opinion. They definitely did rerecord it for These Days though, as per the Neil Jerfferies biography first published in 96:

'In July 1994 while working in three different Hollywood studios, Bon Jovi whittled the list of thirty contenders down to a shortlist of seventeen or eighteen songs. Amongst them were a couple that had been kicking around for years. One was a Prince-style song called 'Let's Make it Baby' (left over from the New Jersey sessions.......................'

Sorry I don't know how to put the above paragraph quote in italics! After covering some comments by Jon on the song it then mentions Diamond Ring and gives the history of that song
Old 10-09-2022, 05:44 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Yeah the TD version of Let's make it baby is absolutely from 1994. The way the band is playing, the way it was produced, I feel like it fits right in.

Tags
fields of fire