Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

Richie Sambora

General BJ Discussion

Old 10-05-2022, 07:01 PM
Jovi FANatic

i truly believe jon wants to prove himself once again and will do anything in his power to deliver

Old 10-05-2022, 08:03 PM
Breakout

Quote:
Originally Posted by DryCounty View Post
Am I the only one having a hard time getting excited about Richie (perhaps) returning knowing the state of Jon’s vocals. I couldn’t enjoy a single second of the April tour, and it’s only because everything Jon touches nowadays becomes horrible. Even though Richie has strong backing vocals nothing can save Jon’s disaster. In some way I prefer Richie to never have been a part of the Bon Jovi where the lead singer is an internet joke because of his voice.

Obviously I get the nostalgic part of Richie rejoining and getting the chemistry of Jon and Richie back. But no matter what they do their live shows is long lost sadly imo.ä
While Jon sounds horrible, Richie doesn’t sound that good too according to the last live shows I heard, though this is a while ago and maybe just bad days for him. Anyway he needs to get his act together as he can’t and won’t be allowed to perform drunk for BJ as he does for his solo shows.
Old 10-05-2022, 08:08 PM
Price of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by DryCounty View Post
Am I the only one having a hard time getting excited about Richie (perhaps) returning knowing the state of Jon’s vocals. I couldn’t enjoy a single second of the April tour, and it’s only because everything Jon touches nowadays becomes horrible. Even though Richie has strong backing vocals nothing can save Jon’s disaster. In some way I prefer Richie to never have been a part of the Bon Jovi where the lead singer is an internet joke because of his voice.

Obviously I get the nostalgic part of Richie rejoining and getting the chemistry of Jon and Richie back. But no matter what they do their live shows is long lost sadly imo.ä
In the point we're at, if Richie isn't at the 40th anniversary Tour, this will be even more depressing. Not only can he not sing, he can't even get his old friend Richie Sambora for the last ride together.
Old 10-06-2022, 12:21 AM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
Agreed with the above. For me it'd just be to kiss it goodbye. I can't stomach paying that much to see Jon like this but if it's the last time I see J+R together I'm down. My expectations are rock bottom either way so I may have an okay time.
Yup, pretty much this! If they wrap the band up without bringing Richie back for at least the final run, then what a joke! I can easily see this being 40 years and out. Jon is done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJFan2021 View Post
While Jon sounds horrible, Richie doesn’t sound that good too according to the last live shows I heard, though this is a while ago and maybe just bad days for him.
To be fair the last footage we saw of Richie was at the Barnstable Brown Gala earlier this year and vocally he sounded better than he has in a long time. I think this this is vocally very strong.

https://youtu.be/ViAJFjUSe0I

In my opinion adding him to a Bon Jovi show would potentially elevate it enough vocally to make it enjoyable. People forget just how much Richie sang in the band and backed up Jon. Jon would make sure that they were well rehearsed, which is where Richie often falls flat with his solo stuff, and Phil (or Shanks) would be kept on hand too, I'm sure.

Last edited by Thinny; 10-06-2022 at 01:02 AM..
Old 10-06-2022, 05:35 PM
Wanted Dead or Alive

To me Richie is acting like he hit the Mint Juleps early. (For those from other countries who may not be aware of what I'm talking about a Mint Julep is the drink associated with the Kentucky Derby.)

Looking at Richie now I think I see a bit of Steven Tyler
Old 10-08-2022, 07:35 PM
Price of posting

I have a strong feeling that it will happen. Richie is coming back next year.
Old 10-14-2022, 05:08 AM
Blame it on the love of posting

BRING RICHIE BACK!

Make it go viral.

#bringrichieback
Old 10-14-2022, 10:42 AM
Blaze of Posting

If Richie comes back without releasing even a single song out of the 200 or so he's written and recorded by now, I wouldn't really know how to feel about that situation. It would be both a gain and a loss.....
Old 10-14-2022, 12:13 PM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javier View Post
If Richie comes back without releasing even a single song out of the 200 or so he's written and recorded by now, I wouldn't really know how to feel about that situation. It would be both a gain and a loss.....
Yeah Same.

I can only hope that Richie might use the extra exposure he will get from being back in the band to actually put out the record? But who knows at this point.
Old 10-14-2022, 01:08 PM
Jovi FANatic

i think the #bringrichieback can and should trend..