Puerto Rico

NBJ - Everything Else

Old 10-10-2017, 04:48 PM
Jovitalk Award Winner
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via AIM to Kathleen Send a message via MSN to Kathleen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleeding Purist View Post
Javier and his family are fine and just got cell signal back today. He says to give everyone here his best and that things will return to normal soon.
So glad to hear that - give him my best if you see him again.

You write your truth and I'll write mine.

Old 10-10-2017, 07:22 PM
The Voice of Reason
Destination any Forum

He said he will check in when the signal gets better. 4G signal is hard to come by right now.
Old 10-11-2017, 01:28 AM
Jovitalk Award Winner
I'll Post When I'm Dead

I get it - I'm just glad to hear that he is OK. From what I hear they have major problems there.

Old 10-11-2017, 01:45 AM
Retired Super Moderator
Crush

I’m glad he’s safe. I hope things improve rapidly.
Old 10-11-2017, 10:15 AM
Blaze of Posting

Hey everyone! thank you all so much for all your good wishes, thoughts an prayers. It's been crazy and difficult, me and my family are safe and good. I spent the hurricane in the hospital working, it was by far one of the scariest experiences of my life. The winds were so strong they were cracking glass and opening up windows, there was flooding and it was a pretty hectic couple of days over here. we were all working 12 hour shifts and during the hurricane some of us even 24 hour shifts because of all the flooding and moving the patients to a safe place and getting the water out and unclogging the sewage system during the strong hurricane winds (those guys are my personal heroes now btw). All I could think about was that I hoped my mom and niece were okay and the river didn't get to the house, thankfully it didn't and they are fine. The time spent not knowing and not being able to communicate was the most difficult for me, not getting any reception and the phone lines not working was really frustrating. Funny how one's thoughts can go from "I need a better guitar" to "I hope my family is alive". I got a bit more than I week off from work after those days which I used to volunteer and help around clearing paths, getting help to people that needed it more and getting some of the people who lost their houses (some who lost everything) to a safe place. A lot of it hit home for me because some of those people that lost everything work with me and it is truly sad to see them go through that. On the other hand, there is a sense of community and togetherness that I hadn't ever seen before (or at least hadn't noticed). During that time I saw so much kindness, people getting together to make food to make sure everyone got to eat, sharing the little clean water they had not knowing if water services were to come back soon or not. Sharing ways to power up appliances to just keep getting everyday shit done no matter the circumstances and have food to eat everyday, have something clean to wear and gas to get to where each needed to go. I've learned a lot, not the least of which was that even if we may feel lonely sometimes, none of us really are alone. there are a lot more good people that care than the opposite, and even though they may be more silent and don't make so much headlines, it is because they are busy working and doing something to better the situation. Today has been a good day, it is my third day back to work and we just got the internet back so here I am working the night shift while listening to some rock and roll on YouTube in the background much to everyone's delight . Lastly I just want to say again Thank you to all of you for your good wishes and your thoughts and prayers. They really do mean a lot so from my family to yours all the best and all the love, peace!!
Old 10-11-2017, 10:17 AM
Blaze of Posting

some side notes:

The eye of the hurricane is truly an eerie experience to go through. So calm and so much pressure in the air, surrounded by clouds, frightening but technically amazing to see.

It's awesome to read so many positive comments for the bands performance on Rock in Rio. Hopefully I'll get to watch it soon
Old 10-11-2017, 07:13 PM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javier View Post
... Funny how one's thoughts can go from "I need a better guitar" to "I hope my family is alive"...
Well, now. Doesn't that just put a whole world of shit into perspective!!

Thanks for sharing your story, Javier. So happy to hear that you and your family are alright! Glad to have you back!!
Old 10-11-2017, 09:01 PM
Jovitalk Award Winner
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Oh so glad to hear from you. This is such an international board and it's odd how knowing 1 person in a place that is in danger really makes you pay attention - and worry. It makes it personal.

So screw the new guitar - I'm glad you and your family are ok.

Old 10-12-2017, 07:28 AM
Jovi Freak

Good to hear from you, Javier. Glad you are safe.
Etihad Stadium, Melbourne - 8 December 2013
Perth Arena, Perth - 12 December 2013
Arena Joondalup, Perth (Soundwave) - 3 March 2014
ANZ Stadium, Sydney - 8 December 2018

Blame It On The Love...
Old 10-13-2017, 06:55 AM
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
Posting Dead Or Alive

Great to hear from you Javier. I’m so pleased that both you and you’re family are well. Sounds like a horrific ordeal that you have to go through and let’s hope this is it now for this particular hurricane season.
2010: NJ x3, London x4. 2011: Munich, Manchester, London, Dublin x2, Lisbon. 2012: RS London.
2013: Manchester, Birmingham, Dublin, London. 2014: RS Belfast. 2016: London. 2019: Dublin x2, Liverpool, London