Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

Jon goes live

General BJ Discussion

Old 12-04-2017, 09:10 AM
Livin' on a Post

Send a message via AIM to trevrox

Jon looks fine. Post a picture of yourself for us to critique.

Old 12-04-2017, 02:22 PM
Next 100 Posts

Hey atleast he didn't die his hair. BTW Hey God and Blaze of Glory right now are both unimaginable live. Don't know if I'll be excited or feel bad for Jon butchering every note. Hoping that they'll play it acoustic though especially Blaze of Glory.
Old 12-04-2017, 02:30 PM
Keep the Faith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap Crash View Post
Hey atleast he didn't die his hair. BTW Hey God and Blaze of Glory right now are both unimaginable live. Don't know if I'll be excited or feel bad for Jon butchering every note. Hoping that they'll play it acoustic though especially Blaze of Glory.
I'll say that Dry County is unimaginable aswell
Old 12-04-2017, 03:09 PM
Dry County

Quote:
Blaze isn't THAT high, apart from the "yeah yeah yeah yeah" near the end - however, Hey God would probably kill Jon nowadays.
Old 12-04-2017, 03:42 PM
Next 100 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJFan99 View Post
Blaze isn't THAT high, apart from the "yeah yeah yeah yeah" near the end - however, Hey God would probably kill Jon nowadays.
Blaze have long high notes. If Jon nailed TD on Sao Paolo then he could atleast make Blaze bearable. Hey God has same Chorus pattern to BOR. But still can't expect Jon to nail this song. The verses will be tough for him. But I'm optimistic on Dry County though because it doesn't have crazy high notes.
Old 12-04-2017, 05:04 PM
Jovi Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkopper View Post

Jon created this image himself... He could have pulled a Johnny Depp and went dirty but instead he used his looks for Movies/TV, and nude modeling.. We all know that picture I'm referring to... Hell Jon was selling Avon cologne up until 2013 so for someone to mention that Jon looks homeless, its just an observation that y'all need to get over...

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk
I just see it as that was then this is now and he's over all the hair color and image for the sake of image. In the early days, he had to play the game of image to continue building the career. With a legacy firmly in tact, he doesn't need to play that game anymore right? If he's comfortable, trotting out on stage with his gray hair then while some may want different you have to respect the guy for sticking to who he wants to be not who fans, media, etc want him to be. I'm guessing tour ticket sales haven't suffered due to him not dying his hair blonde, or having it long, etc, etc.
Old 12-04-2017, 05:22 PM
Keep the Faith

Quote:
Blaze have long high notes. If Jon nailed TD on Sao Paolo then he could atleast make Blaze bearable. Hey God has same Chorus pattern to BOR. But still can't expect Jon to nail this song. The verses will be tough for him. But I'm optimistic on Dry County though because it doesn't have crazy high notes.
Jon didn't nail TD in Sao Paulo. It was the best TD performance from THINFS tour but he didn't nail it.
Old 12-04-2017, 05:28 PM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjcrazycpa View Post
I just see it as that was then this is now and he's over all the hair color and image for the sake of image. In the early days, he had to play the game of image to continue building the career. With a legacy firmly in tact, he doesn't need to play that game anymore right? If he's comfortable, trotting out on stage with his gray hair then while some may want different you have to respect the guy for sticking to who he wants to be not who fans, media, etc want him to be. I'm guessing tour ticket sales haven't suffered due to him not dying his hair blonde, or having it long, etc, etc.
And if that's where he is now, that's fine!!! And I get that it's all about the music... but for 30 years Jon hasn't been all about the music... Actor, Model, and Philanthropist to name a few titles... He's not a guy like James Hetfield or Eddie Vedor...

When Elvis got fat, people talked. Some say he was better musically but his image is a topic that still gets discussed to this very day...

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk
Old 12-04-2017, 06:19 PM
Dry County

I'll have to agree with RDK on this one. If you're going to keep the gray hair (which is perfectly fine), at least cut it shorter (as he already did and that looked really cool). And the jacket is ok, but looks 1-2 sizes too big

Apart from that: bring on the new music and the European tour 2018!
Old 12-04-2017, 07:22 PM
Jovi Freak

For him it represents periods in his life. "You know, every musician has always had some sort of fashion sense" "I think style speaks to who you are" I do really have no problem with him with the same clothes all the time and with the white hair, I'm okay, I mean you can do whatever you want and he certainly does!