Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

New Music on the way!

New Bon Jovi Releases

Old 12-13-2017, 06:06 PM
Jovi Fan

From Billboard.com

What kind of conversations has there been among the band members about the induction?

We've been rehearsing the last couple of days. We get together in order to write, record and stay fresh, so it happened the guys were in town the last few days and we're in the studio today finishing these couple of tracks that we're gonna put out next month. So we had a couple of nights to just give each other a hug and high-five and say amen. So it was cool, and I'll see 'em all again today.

So talk about the new songs you mentioned?

I started the process again and didn't have a full album -- maybe five (songs) where usually I have 35. So I picked two that were appropriate. One is called "When We Were Us," which is obviously about the band, a big ol' anthemic (song) and I think a great lyric that tells our story. And the other one is called "Walls," which is obvious what it's about, but because of the crazy world in which we live it's taken a little while to process and put some of it into lyric. So this is just a taste of that kind of thing. I felt like if I give one from column A and one from column B it would be a fair representation of some new material to accompany the forthcoming shows. They'll be out I think the very beginning of January, as soon as everybody comes back from the Christmas break. We're mixing them this weekend.

Old 12-15-2017, 04:16 AM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

http://variety.com/2017/music/news/j...ed-1202639725/

"The story isn’t over. Bon Jovi is already in rehearsals gearing up for a 2018 tour, and two new songs are ready to be released as part of a re-release of 2016’s No. 1 album, “This House Is Not for Sale.” One song, “Walls,” represents what is going on in the country."

Mystery solved.
Old 12-15-2017, 11:24 AM
Blame it on the love of posting

Send a message via MSN to jon-flp

They really gonna re-release an album that's only one year old???

Enviado de meu LG-M250 usando Tapatalk
Old 12-15-2017, 11:45 AM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon-flp View Post
They really gonna re-release an album that's only one year old???

It's actually quite common these days. Singers put out a single that's not on original album version, but then re-release the album with that new song to create some new momentum.

Maroon 5 has done that (Moves Like Jagger), OneRepublic has done that (Love Runs Out), Shawn Mendes did it recently (There's Nothing Holding Me Back) and I'm sure many others.

One of the reasons why 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc. singles do worse commercially than the lead single (for all artists 95% of the time), is because the later singles aren't new (meaning they're already on the album). Doing a new single with album re-release solve that problem and then can re-boost album sales at the same time.

I don't think that will help much in Bon Jovi case (single-wise they've long been a dead act), but I guess that's what the promotional strategy is.
Old 12-15-2017, 11:51 AM
Blame it on the love of posting

Send a message via MSN to jon-flp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walleris View Post
It's actually quite common these days. Singers put out a single that's not on original album version, but then re-release the album with that new song to create some new momentum.

Maroon 5 has done that (Moves Like Jagger), OneRepublic has done that (Love Runs Out), Shawn Mendes did it recently (There's Nothing Holding Me Back) and I'm sure many others.

One of the reasons why 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc. singles do worse commercially than the lead single (for all artists 95% of the time), is because the later singles aren't new (meaning they're already on the album). Doing a new single with album re-release solve that problem and then can re-boost album sales at the same time.

I don't think that will help much in Bon Jovi case (single-wise they've long been a dead act), but I guess that's what the promotional strategy is.
Thanks for the explanation Walleris.

But it would be only a digital re-release right?

Because a phisical re-release doesn't sound as a good strategy for me.

Old 12-15-2017, 05:51 PM
Jovi Freak

It's good business but it's shady business because you pretty much punish the fans who buy on release. Oh well, there's always downloading.
Old 12-15-2017, 06:20 PM
This Post Feels Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphavictim View Post
It's good business but it's shady business because you pretty much punish the fans who buy on release. Oh well, there's always downloading.
Thankfully that amount is pretty low and tend to buy anything the band puts out regardless.
Old 12-17-2017, 12:45 AM
Keep the Faith

That is really nothing new, it's been going on for decades across all genres. Any way to flog a dead horse. It's all about making money at the end of it folks.

It feels kinda like TC-GH to me though, with the tour going through the middle and only a couple of new songs that probably won't get played. That was a good tour though...

Milton Keynes 1 (HAND), Manchester & Bristol (LH), Dublin 2 (2011), Dublin 2 (THINFS)
Old 12-17-2017, 01:16 AM
Price of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOriginalJez View Post
That is really nothing new, it's been going on for decades across all genres. Any way to flog a dead horse. It's all about making money at the end of it folks.

It feels kinda like TC-GH to me though, with the tour going through the middle and only a couple of new songs that probably won't get played. That was a good tour though...
And One Wild Night Album. Remember One Wild Night 2001 version? It served as a promotion for the entire European tour.
Old 12-17-2017, 07:07 AM
This Post Feels Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOriginalJez View Post

True, then again What Do You Got, No Apologies and More things change got tons of performances, This is love a single time.