Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

Meeting Liam Gallagher

Other Bands

Old 12-07-2005, 01:08 PM
Hardest Part is the Night

Send a message via MSN to SomethingToBelieveIn
Default Meeting Liam Gallagher

I met Liam whilst they were playing in Melbourne on the very recent Australian tour and I'm not gloating (if anyone cares anyway) I just had to share / dismiss any suggestions that the man is a bastard. The man is genuinly nice to his fans, and in this situation myself.

Im a massive fan, and I had decided to stay @ the same hotel to meet them without having the annoyance of hotel staff booting you out the lobby whilst waiting to get an autograph. So more to the point, I had met Liam and we chatted for about 15 minutes about Australia and the bands he likes from our country (namely Jet & You Am I) He invited me up to the Hotel bar for a drink and we chatted more. He told me that me to him was much like if he was to meet John Lennon as a youngster, not comparing himself to Lennon, but this is the reason he shared for being so generous to his fans. I got my cd signed, and got a photo and let him be after what was roughly a 40 minute conversation. I was basically shitting myself the whole time, although I do remember a majority of it.

Anyway I thought Id share that story. Whatever is said in the press, as much as it annoys you, deep down I believe the guy is really nice. Anyone else have a similar story in which they met an idol?

P.S The rest of the band were nice enough to sign and pose for photos, and for those that are fans of Jet (who were also in attendance @ the bar) they have completely finished recording their second album.

Old 12-07-2005, 02:46 PM
Last Man Standing

Wow im made up for you I really am Liam does seem that kind of guy towards his fans. I know a few years ago when they played Bolton, Liam and his minder stopped at one of the local pubs around here for a few drinks, the barstaff in there said he was really nice and down to earth.
Old 12-07-2005, 03:51 PM
I Don't Want To Post Forever

Cool story
Old 12-07-2005, 04:38 PM
Crush

Send a message via MSN to Jim Bon Jovi

i've said it here many times that I've been told from a handful of people I know who've met or worked with oasis in some capacity that liam and noel are absolutely brand new guys and only act like arses whent he press are pissing them off.
Old 12-08-2005, 02:36 AM
It's my post

Send a message via AIM to Rob Send a message via MSN to Rob Send a message via Yahoo to Rob

Good on you mate! Must have been great to meet him. I've more respect for Noel than for Liam, so if I had the chance to meet one of the band then it'd probably be him. I could probably talk to Noel for a long time providing he was in the right mood.

Old 12-09-2005, 04:12 AM
Hardest Part is the Night

Send a message via MSN to SomethingToBelieveIn

I agree, and Noel does have alot more to say. However, believe it or not I believe Liam's much more approachable even though the eyes of the media and the general public perceive Liam as the loudmouth hooligan and Noel as the Intelligent one. I found Noel very intimidating, he had a god-like presence to me, I use that term very loosely, he was just very hard to approach for me.

However... he was very nice, signed my cds, got a photo so i cannot ask for more. Cheers for all the replys and reading my mini-story, and not shooting me down as like a 12 year old bragging to his mates
Old 12-12-2005, 02:11 PM
It's my post

Send a message via AIM to Rob Send a message via MSN to Rob Send a message via Yahoo to Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomethingToBelieveIn
Cheers for all the replys and reading my mini-story, and not shooting me down as like a 12 year old bragging to his mates
No worries bud. It's a good story and it's not like you're doing a gazthomas and saying that you're Liam Gallagher's brother or anything.

Old 12-12-2005, 02:22 PM
Destination any Forum

Send a message via MSN to Mr Bluesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob
No worries bud. It's a good story and it's not like you're doing a gazthomas and saying that you're Liam Gallagher's brother or anything.
Noel?

678910 characters.
Old 12-13-2005, 12:20 AM
Troublemaker
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob
why do you continue to be a nob

let it go

it was funny 12 months ago
Old 12-13-2005, 12:35 AM
Keep the Faith

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazthomas
why do you continue to be a nob
Pot Kettle Black